Lucky's Fiery Den of Art

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
dnizvr.jpg

Hello, and welcome to my den! I am Luckyfire, the owner of this exhibit, and I am here to show you around this mysterious network of tunnels featuring several works of art - I sort them out, with the newest tunnels at the top. Beware when you descend into the older sections; you will see webs of old art and other creatures that may harm you. I am not responsible for what you may do...

(Yes, I take requests. Please use one of the forms for requesting.)
(I also do art trades.)

Newest addition
29psx8j.jpg

Halloween Special - Dragon, Post #191

Digital Drawings (this means it is drawn using only a computer and mouse)
Code:
Digital Drawing Request Form
What I need to draw: (provide a description or image)
Background: Yes or No (if yes, what type?)
Theme:
Other:
Dream with a Banana-footed Friend, Post #185

2802nh2.jpg

Old Lucky in new style, Post #175

e5nrjt.jpg

Chimella, Post #173

2ikuolj.jpg

Random demon Thorn, same post as Chimella

2ag3nrm.jpg

Lucky's nightmare form, Post #168

Colors!
Note: This is not Colors! 3D. I use the iPad edition of this app.
Code:
Colors! Request Form
Theme:
Size (choose one): Widescreen, Portrait, or Landscape
Other:
29psx8j.jpg

Halloween Special - Dragon, Post #191

Drawn on Paper
Note: Images aren't shown in the spoilers, due to their being too large.
Code:
This section isn't taking any requests, but suggestions are accepted.
First Drawing of Guilt (no that's the character's name ;P)

Super-Chibi Kyka

GIFS
Code:
2qmjmz5.jpg

Kyka smile, Post #170

2ai1q8y.jpg

Practice animation, Post #165

2u4cl.gif

Practice Lucky animation, Post #164

VlRG3Rd.gif

Kyka drawing, Post #124

Chibis
Code:
Chibi Request Form
Theme:
Other:
33pczdw.jpg

Lucky, Post #157

jdLrOiE.jpg

Sylveon, Post #155

AKH1K7c.png

Kyka, Post #144

Comics/Stories
Code:
NEW! Garibel's Story
This is a comic about a cat named Garibel who, one day, meets the ghost of her guy-friend named Sam. But upon meeting him, he informs Garibel that she's no longer herself, and disappears after she tells him about how she's changed.
Page One
Page Two

Sprites
Code:
Fusion Request Form
Pokemon 1 (the main base):
Other Pokemon (Max limit is 6):
Nobunaga-style sprite: Yes or No
Other:

Code:
Recolor Request Form
Main Pokemon:
Color scheme:
Other:

Code:
Custom Sprite Request Form
What I need to do: (provide a description or image)
Pose:
Other:
23mak2s.jpg

Lucario + Mismagius + Haunter, Post #116

1zdyzhs.jpg

Mewtwo + Arceus, Post #109

1zqek9e.jpg

Quilava with Meloetta color scheme, same post as above sprite.

6z0yee.jpg

Mewtwo with Magikarp color scheme, Post #107

2dvsfgg.jpg

Absol with Zoroark color scheme, Post #102

351ybvc.jpg

Clipona custom sprite, Post #97

21az1up.jpg

Lucky selfie, NO STEALING >:O

RE: Lucky's Drawings

I wonder where the name Mohawk came from.

As far as computer art goes...for first attempts these are actually pretty decent. I notice the cloud one and haunted house one have shading, which is very nice, since it makes the picture look more 3-dimensional, instead of just flat.

When it comes to background objects, sometimes they're clear on what they are, and sometimes it isn't. For example on the rocket one, I can tell there's a fire below, but I can't really tell that is a volcanic crater until I'm told. And yes, that paper looks like a gun.

What program are you using to develop these? Paint?

Actually, I used Paintbrush. It's a little like Paint, only for Mac computers. And I think the name Mohawk popped out of nowhere. I simply put "Mo" into "hawk", creating the name Mohawk. :)

Oh; right, I think I remember you telling me that once.

I was actually about to suggest GIMP for you to draw on that instead, but I looked around their website and apparently, as far as I can tell, it only works on Windows systems. I'm not sure what image editing programs there are for Macs, but I know they exist. I'm sure someone else knows.

You shouldn't try to stay on a simplistic program forever; you'll never improve otherwise :p

- Use a bigger brush.
- Make a bit bigger pictures.
- Use colored lineart.
- Nobody wants to use them so that first sentence is unnecessary. Feel hornored if somebody actually steals them.
- That poll just asks for trolling.
- Yay!

I use them as avatars, Teal, so they're small. If I used a bigger brush for my avatars, it'd be really hard for me to draw them. And Ozzy, Jake, Mohawk, and Spark are characters that I use for a story, so I don't want anyone using them... Or using them on websites. And the poll tells me how I'm doing. ;)

You need to work on your lines, LPG. Especially in the third from the bottom -- the lines on the door are drawn very haphazardly. Everything is generally very sloppy looking -- sometimes I have a hard distinguishing what is what in your pictures.

Keep practicing, though, and you'll improve! If I can help in any way, let me know.

Okay, I just tried shadowing the picture~

scaled.php

A fern dragon I was just creating. This is supposed to be a public avatar, but I'm not posting any pubic images until I create some more dragon avatars. ;)

Also, I gave a try at drawing Totodile. :)

scaled.php

My first attempt at drawing Pokemon. I tried to shade it. I also added two extra things to the Totodile. I think it's a medal. :)

Try not to deviate too much from the anatomy when you're starting out. Totodile normally has some sort of bulge at his stomach so you'll want to curve out that line between his legs. The snout is way too sharp. The bottom line of the snout should extend in deeper to show a distinguish between the head and the body.

There's a few more things, but I can't draw, so who am I to criticize? :p

Keep working on it!

When shading your pictures, try to avoid using gray -- try a darker shade of whatever color the object is.

CMP said:
When shading your pictures, try to avoid using gray -- try a darker shade of whatever color the object is.
^
^
^
Using a tone of gray to shade is only acceptable when you're drawing in black and white. Otherwise gray looks out of place.

Well, they have pretty much already informed you about the shading. But when it comes to anatomy, you should try practicing on simple things that have the same figure as what you are intending to draw. You are trying out different poses which is good, but you should practice how you shape the body first; because a lot of your characters tend to have flat surfaces on areas that shouldn't be flat. Like Totodile's stomach and etc.

But that's all I can really say for now, I'm not really good when it comes to critiquing or giving advice about art.

All I can really say, is practice practice practice. Picture in your mind what you want to draw, then try your best to duplicate it on the screen or on paper. Things can be challenging at first, but it releases more freedom and becomes more fun as you go along.

Silver_Cyh said:
Why don't you try this program? :3 --> Gimp

I can't do that. It's designed only for Windows systems. I have a Apple computer. However, I use Paintbrush, similar to Paint on Windows. :)

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I didn't click the link. I recently downloaded it. Thanks. :)

^ I downloaded it and opened it. But it was so complicated. @.@

I think I'd be better off if I used Paintbrush.

Truthfully, Lucky -- it's worth trying to use it. There are wonderful tutorials available online, and the end result of your drawings will improve so much.

Okay, CMP, I'll try it. :)

And I created this holiday avatar! ^ ^

scaled.php

This is a December avatar. I made it lineless because it looks so much nicer than lined art. :)

Back