Lucky's Fiery Den of Art

RE: Lucky's Drawings

LuckyPokeGirl said:
^ I downloaded it and opened it. But it was so complicated. @.@
If it makes you feel any better, I was the same way when I first got GIMP. Jumping from Paint straight into GIMP was a bit of a daunting transition, but you can't do all that much with Paint. GIMP gives you about a zillion more options. It's basically like a free, slightly-lesser version of Photoshop that can do pretty much all the same stuff.

I use it to make banners, renders, avatars, and all sorts of neat stuff. Just don't forget, with every program, practice makes perfect; the more you use GIMP and find out what it can and can't do for you, the better you'll become at it.

Indeed, you'll get used to GIMP and be able to work with more features about it. For now, I say you simply try to get the shape of your drawings to look more natural. Study up on the anatomy!

The good thing with gimp is if you need something like a paint brush or new text but you dont have what you want you can download them! Gimp is good cause it's user friendly! Customise gimp on how it fits you best.

Thanks, everyone, for the tips. I am currently working on a book cover. But I haven't time to work on a story to go along with it. :(

Hopefully, I can finish it before I delete it. :)

Okay, I'm sorry for double posting, but I resized the logo of the book cover. Here it is:

scaled.php

This is a "logo" I made for my "book cover". I hope I can finish the story. :)

I'm not really hip to custom fonts and all that, but usually most people use an existing font as a base and stylize it from there, instead of drawing the letters literally from scratch.

It doesn't look outright terrible, but it does look rather messy.

Yes, I agree. Paintbrush looks more smoother than GIMP, but it is pixelly. This is why I'd rather use Paintbrush than Gimp. :) And I didn't use a custom font; I drew the letters.

Other than that, I'm still working on the rest of the book cover, so I'll fix it if I can. ;)

LuckyPokeGirl said:
Yes, I agree. Paintbrush looks more smoother than GIMP, but it is pixelly. This is why I'd rather use Paintbrush than Gimp. :) And I didn't use a custom font; I drew the letters.

Other than that, I'm still working on the rest of the book cover, so I'll fix it if I can. ;)

GIMP is much more smother than paintbrush, which is why you need to practice with it. And he was stating that people usually use another font as a base, and edit it into their own style. Instead of just drawing it from scratch.

But you really need to work on the line art, it's too uneven.

Yes, but I actually meant that I'd fix the lining of the drawing. It's very uneven, I agree. The Paintbrush app uses pixel, so they look rather pixelly but smoother. :)

LuckyPokeGirl said:
Yes, but I actually meant that I'd fix the lining of the drawing. It's very uneven, I agree. The Paintbrush app uses pixel, so they look rather pixelly but smoother. :)

Use fuzzy brush in Gimp for outline

That'll give you super smooth (soft) line :3

I could try-- But I have a problem. I use only the Toolbox to paint, and can't see the other toolbox. I was painting, and later, the other toolbox disappeared for some reason. Could anyone give me a tip on how to fix this?

Windows -> Toolbox will re-open the toolbox if you accidentally closed it. The Windows option (it's between Filters and Help) controls what boxes you will see to aid you.

I hope I wasn't reviving this thread. I have some bad news. I can't upload pictures, so this may take me a while. I was going to update this, but it seems that I can't upload pictures anymore. I'm sorry. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? (I use ImageShack to upload pictures.)

Thanks in advance. :(

What is the exact problem that you're having? What is preventing you from uploading?

I click "upload", but it says a error, and deletes the file. And anytime I try the picture clipping, it auto-deletes that file. It's so annoying. :(

LuckyPokeGirl said:
I click "upload", but it says a error, and deletes the file. And anytime I try the picture clipping, it auto-deletes that file. It's so annoying. :(
Where are you clicking Upload, and what program is deleting the file?

Check www.imageshack.com. Click "Upload Media", and it'll show a "upload" button. I upload it on ImageShack.

I don't know the program, but I think I've figured the picture problem. Its contents are ".tiff". Does ImageShack allow ".tiff" images?

(I hope I wasn't advertising or anything.)

(It's not advertising.)

I believe that is your problem. Standardly, image files are either .jpg, .gif, or .png. Save your image as one of those file types, then try to upload it. The problem with .tif is that only a few select programs actually load them, and they're more so documents than anything.

I see, but the other image that I'm trying to upload has the contents of a .png file. I created it on GIMP, and I don't see why ImageShack won't accept it. :(

I could change it to a .jpg, or a .gif. I'll see what I can do. ;)

EDIT: I changed it to a .gif and a .jpg, but it still won't accept it. It says a message. "No files were uploaded." What could that mean? Please help, all my art are .png's, and they always worked. I don't see a reason why ImageShack won't accept a GIMP art like they accepted Paintbrush. :(

Back