Jumbo Cards

Daelum said:
elam18 said:
Hey, I got the 1st edition Giratina Jumbo today.. It's bigger than the regular jumbos (like ie: Birthday Pikachu Jumbo) and has a different back.

Oh btw.. I have confirmed the myth jumbos

It's bigger than the Birthday Pikachu? Are you sure it is real?

Also, how have you confirmed them?

The Giratina has a promotional back (like it was part of a magazine) it's almost the size of a piece of printer paper 8x10ish... I'll get the correct measurement when I get home. Also, The Giratina is factory sealed ^_^.

I"m at work right now... Just got it today at work.. I'll give you the details in an hour or so.

The Giratina Jumbo Card is 7.5in x 10.5in. On the back, It has a picture of the Magmortar, Glaceon, Pikachu, and 2 other pokemon I don't know the name of that is in the DP era. Also itis advertising the World Championship 2009.

This card appears to be a part of a promo given out prior to the World Championship 2009 in Japan. I'll do more research on this card.

I never seen a card like this before. IT"S WAY COOLER THAN I EXPECTED! everything on the front of the card matches the original card. Same font, same everything. 99% sure it's real

elam18 said:
The Giratina Jumbo Card is 7.5in x 10.5in. On the back, It has a picture of the Magmortar, Glaceon, Pikachu, and 2 other pokemon I don't know the name of that is in the DP era. Also itis advertising the World Championship 2009.

This card appears to be a part of a promo given out prior to the World Championship 2009 in Japan. I'll do more research on this card.

I never seen a card like this before. IT"S WAY COOLER THAN I EXPECTED! everything on the front of the card matches the original card. Same font, same everything. 99% sure it's real

That sounds really really really amazing. I completely wish I bought it when I had the chance >.<

Does it feel like a normal card?

Also, send me some pictures!!!!

It's not made with the same material as any other JPN Jumbo Card. Made out of the same material as the English Jumbo Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig

elam18 said:
It's not made with the same material as any other JPN Jumbo Card. Made out of the same material as the English Jumbo Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig

So that weird plastic stuff?

elam18 said:
Here is a picture of the back:

20130613_193335_zpsd08a90e0.jpg

Huh. Seeing it makes me slightly happy, as I can consider it in the same league as the MechaMew2 - jumbo but not really a jumbo, ya know? ;P

elam18 said:
Posted this way to make you jealous Daelum

Mission accomplished. -____-

then does that mean the Pokemon fan club isn't a jumbo then because they have a different back as well

I would call it advertising. A jumbo should look like a normal card, but larger.

All Jumbo cards are advertisement. They are just Promotional give aways.

Agree the 2011 JR Hokkaido Jumbos are tough to find. Another Jumbo that's tough to find(especially in Mint condition) that hasn't been mentioned is the 1999 Coro Coro Summer Valley.

someone asked me to delete picture because they are interested in the jumbo

elam18 said:

So?

You are not listing it here, you are just discussing it.

omahanime said:
elam18 said:

So?

I completely agree, I don't see how people knowing about a card will be detrimental to its value...if anything it will increase it's value if it's super cool.

bagoly14 said:
omahanime said:
So?

I completely agree, I don't see how people knowing about a card will be detrimental to its value...if anything it will increase it's value if it's super cool.

They probably don't want more people knowing about it and putting forward higher offers than the original buyer's.

He offered me $150, but here's a picture hoping it'll go up. This is the back of the card only. I currently have 2 copies.

elam18 said:

He offered me $150, but here's a picture hoping it'll go up. This is the back of the card only. I currently have 2 copies.

HOW DID YOU GET 2!!?!?!?!?!?

The seller had 2... So I bought both copies..1 is brand new sealed (my copy) and the other is opened~ How could I explain to you what material it was made if it was sealed. Had my opened copy ^_^

I am almost 100% sure I have seen that backing before...

*spends all night searching for it*

Back