Introduce Yourself!

Aye, So I'm SilkyCylinder (the name's a long story) and I just got back into Pokemon after a few months of not playing. I'm 15 years old and i live just outside of Calgary in Canada. I used this forum to find out news about the X and Y anime and X and Y info leaks pre-game release. I love sports, namely Hockey, Badminton, and Volleyball. I love watching the Pokemon countdowns/Top 10s on Youtube, especially Dookieshed. In all honesty I really enjoy the new season of the anime and it's the only one I've been able to watch in Japanese with english subs. Uhh.. nothing else comes to mind really.

Hey, I'm Akaou from the UK, I joined here to meet Pokemon fans around the world. I found the site randomly while looking for Friend Safari codes so I can get a few hidden abilities for myself and friends. Probably goes without saying but I'm a huge fan of gaming, Pokemon a particular favorite but I do a lot of video, card and tabletop gaming in my spare time as well as writing, eventually hoping to write game scripts & characters as a career. I'm also a pretty big anime fan so anyone wanting to talk about shows watched feel free. Cheers for reading.

Hi, I'm Tibby (you can call me Tibby, Tibbs, or Tibbers)
I joined because I saw that you guys talk about the Pokemon TCG.
I found you guys through google, while looking up info about pokemon.
Honestly I'm really boring and all I really do is school work, pokemon, and the internet.
There isn't much more to me, so yeah. I'm glad to be joining this forum ^u^

Shining Raikou said:
This is a thread for new members to introduce themselves. Post an introduction as well as things like:

• why you joined
  • where you found out about PokéBeach
  • your interests
  • hobbies
  • anything else relevant

Want to say hello to new members? Please visit the member's profile and leave a comment there.

Welcome to PokéBeach! We hope you enjoy your stay! :)

PS: Older members who want to mention why they joined can use this thread: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-why-d-you-join-pok%C3%A9beach
Hi, I'm Elijah, I came here to seek event legendaries and competitive shinies for X and Y

:) Hi

My name is Resh from Malaysia,

I am a player of all types of table top games ( Board games, Pen & Paper RPGs, TCGs, etc ), Even for TCGs I play tons of stuff like Legend of 5 Rings, Magic The Gathering, Weiss Schwarz, Vanguard, Kaijudo, Yugioh, and now I just got back into Pokemon.

What I find different about Pokemon (compare to most other TCGs I play) so far all the leagues and competitions I went, everyone is using the same deck, so I decided I don't want to be like everyone else, but start getting into the community and start creating unique decks which surprise people. So I am hoping PokeBeach can help here :)

Hi ^__^ I'm here to look for vivillons, fc is 4613-7936-6181, info's in my sig :) oh and I've got all the starters from every gen and a bunch of impostor dittos, if want any jus ask, can trade them for magikarp/luvdisk,/scatterbug or wateva, oh and phione if anyone wants one

hello im gogoatismyfrand over fb i'm leaf the whirlwind and i play pokemon x id love to play some people soon but im also what some call vulgar rude or illiterete ironically since im a popular oc role player my 1st shiny was on leaf green a senetric and my 1st level 100 was on the same game a charizard i hope to make new buds soon

Hey there guys, very new to the Pokemon seen (about a month of playtime excluding base set when i was young)

Used to play magic but found Pokemon to be more accessible/laid back so after a few of us transitioned from the VCG to the TCG i chose this to be my main TCG.

Also attended my local citys and went 2-3 (w-l) hated the single match style, so used to best of 3, couldn't set up in the matches.

Anyways thought it was time to stop lurking and start posting so lo' all :)

o as for details, male, 20, UK (Y)

Hi everyone! I'm Robyn. I joined so I could trade pokemon. I found Pokebeach through google. Pokemon X is my first pokemon game since Crystal way back in Gen II. I love Psychic types, and Mew is my favorite. I'm looking forward to all the friends I will (hopefully!) make here!

Hey everyone, Allfalls here,
I've been playing Pokemon since red and blue way back when. I'm 20 now and my love for the game grows with every installment.

Why you joined:
I joined mainly because in this gen I wanted to try my luck at breeding and so far I've been loving it. Ya it gets a bit boring every now and again having to hatch eggs, but it makes people so happy when you can hook them up with the Pokemon that they've been hunting for with the right nature and stats.

Where you found out about PokéBeach:
A while back I was googling websites with my friend because we were trying to find Pokemon news. PokeBeach just seemed to fit right in with everything we were looking for in a site.

Your interests:
I'm a big fan of making a team because the Pokemon are cool to me and not so much about the best stats and best setups. I really play the game for fun and make parties with good stats just to show off that I do have the skills to do so.

Hobbies:
I like to longboard in the spring-fall, I love cooking, I have my tumblr that I use quite frequently for Pokemon and other random funny stuff (mediocremark.tumblr.com), and a lot of other video games.

Anything else relevant:
My favorite Pokemon is haunter because he's such a goofball at heart but not everyone gives him a chance to be himself first. Second favorite is zangoose because of his design and the whole rivalry that they have with Seviper. Not a big fan of fairy or dragon types and most legendary Pokemon are meh besides Zapdos.

If you're a beginner breeder like me and or want to help me with my dex completion is be more then happy to give the help right back.

Hi guys, I'm LuigiFan191, going to be a future youtuber. I've loved pokemon almost all my life, since I played FireRed, my first game. I had chose squirtle as my starter, and I liked squirtle a lot more than any other starter, and it is still that way today. But, When I had emerald and finally found rayquaza, it instantly turned into my favorite pokemon of all and it still is. But it's shiny version even looked cooler. I now play Pokemon Y and I have a good team, and Blastoise is still on it.

Hello everyone. My name is Pedro, although my username is Raisu, and you can call me any of the two. I've been playing pokemon since generation 3 with either sapphire, emerald or fire red, I don't really recall wich one I played the first although I do remember them all. I stopped playing pokemon around three years ago but I came back to it at the start of january, with pokemon Y.
I joined this community for no particular reason, as I just found it and it seemed nice. I'm mainly looking for safari friends.

Hey everyone! Well, I'm not really playing tcg in a modified format, but I still like to play it, even though if I'd have to play all my decks in an unlimited format. But I'm also into the collecting and all that. And the shows as well as the games. So yeah. I'll be posting my decks on here, so please help me out as well with those. Thanks everybody!

Hey everyone! First time poster here! My name is Mike. I'm 35 and live in southern New Hampshire (for anyone wanting to play together or chat). I have three boys -- ages 6, 10, and 12. I came from playing MTG with my oldest, but wanted to focus on something everyone could get involved in and since they already collected Pokemon cards, it fired up a spark in us all. I appreciate the game more than MTG as while it can be competitive, there is a much broader range of "nice, play for fun" people out there.

I'm going to the prerelease Saturday with the kids and then hopefully league each Saturday after. Right now the hardest part of the game is getting cards to build a deck. I have mostly LTR, but the ability to really get energy (need to buy trainers box) and other cards isn't as easy as MTG. With the advent of XY base, energy is now much easier -- I have a booster box and 2x XY trainer boxes ordered. It's just a matter of getting the right cards. I'm not big into buying singles online. I'd rather open them or trade for them, so I understand it'll take time! =)

Glad to meet all of you and hopefully there might be some people in my area!

Hello. Name's Tia and I'm 22 years old. I joined PokéBeach in search of specific Friend Safaris, but not much else. I might battle some people, even, but I don't know - I'm not a big fan of huge communities...Nonetheless, I'll post here to avoid deletion.

At the age of six, the first Pokémon I ever saw and loved was a Dratini plush toy. At the time, I didn't know what it was, exactly, aside from the fact that it was a cute serpentine doll and I carried it EVERYWHERE with me. One year later, I found out what it was, and that's how I got into Pokémon.

EDIT: Oh, how could I forget? I'd like to complete the Pokedex in my X, too.

Hi!!!!! I'm a Spanish 18-year-old guy and I joined PokeBeach (one of the first English forums that I join) esentially to trade some Pokémon for Masuda Method, and of course practise my English.
I study 1st grade of Biology (pokebiology lol) at the university. I like videogames (well, basically Pokémon and some FIFA, also Fire Emblem) and I love music: some electronic things such as Trap, Dubstep, Drum & Bass, decent EDM...
I've been a Pokémon fan since I played Ruby edition and I'm a Pokébeach fan since now. This is going to be a good experience ^^

Hello! The programmer in me wants to answer these questions systematically:

why you joined
I Google searched "Defiant Piplup trade" or something like that, and found a page of someone trading it here, so I joined! But aside from that, I also have wanted to find a good Pokemon community, so I figured it was a win-win to sign up here.

where you found out about PokéBeach
Google! Technically the user who made the trade post for defiant piplups.

your interests
Pokemon battling and trading. As far as other games, I play a lot of Steam games and have recently been into 3DS games lately.
On Steam: Team Fortress 2, Spelunky, various indie games
On Nintendo consoles: Zelda series and Pokemon games, with an occasional Mario game

hobbies
I code software for a living! Playing around with servers is fun for me. Sometimes I run a Minecraft server even.

anything else relevant
I'd love to have some friendly battles with users here. Feel free to contact me. (I'm pretty shy though... >.<)

They call me meiko. I've been aware of PokéBeach for years, but I actually signed up for TCG One, which is my new Favorite Thing. Love the cards! :D

Hello all! My name's Griffin, I live in SoCal, and I'm 21 years old. I've known about PokeBeach for a few years and decided to join after realizing that PTCG-related discussion has dried up at the last site I used to talk about the competitive scene. You'll often see me in any threads relating to pull rates, card prices, and competitive tournaments. I also play the video game and take part in VGC side events (especially if they're at PRs and the prizes are PR packs).

Outside of that, I'm just a part-time college student that has nothing better to do with what little free time he has left.

Back