Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Shining Raikou, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Tippy Aspiring Trainer
    Tippy

Howdy, fellas. I'm Tippy.

I'm 30 years old, and my favorite Pokémon are Rapidash, Meowth, and Slowpoke. Sometime this past year I came across my old Pokémon binder with all my cards. I collected them when I was a kid - during the height of Pokémania - but I've since fallen out of collecting. I still love Pokémon and have sampled the X&Y and Sun&Moon games. These were the first I've tried since Gold&Silver. Wait, I guess that's not true. I tried the Black&White release for a few days long after it had come out, but then I instantly lost the cartridge somehow. It's lost forever. Games aside, I have been catching up on the movies as well.

I joined PokeBeach because I think I'd eventually like to trade away all my cards to downsize, and keep only the cards with Pikachu on them. It's nice to be able to focus on one specific quality or character of a thing so that my collections don't get out of control. I collected transformers too, but only the female robots. I also collect vintage my little ponies, but only the baby ponies. So yeah. Like I said, when you have impulsive collecting habits like I do, it's important to set some limitations.

When you're a grown-up there's no easy way to replicate the easy playground trading of the old days, so I had the idea to trade away all my cards by mail and sure enough I found PokeBeach after some quick searching. Hooray!

Outside of Pokémon, my interests include gardening, interior decorating, backyard farming, and making random stuff like stained glass windows. As I mentioned earlier, I like collecting things too. I collect Transformers, My Little Pony, crystals and stones, Build-A-Bears, and canned generic Dr. Pepper knock-offs. I also have an affinity for classic cars, especially VW beetles and microbuses.

That's all I can think to say about myself at the moment. Thanks for making this super-cool site!

Graven and bbb888 like this.

2. FroakiesFrubbles King of Mischievous Frogs
    FroakiesFrubbles

Hey, my dudes. @FroakiesFrubbles here.

I've been into Pokemon for a while now, since around generation six (not entirely sure, because I was young then lol). I joined PokéBeach because I like to involve myself with the pokemon community, and I've enjoyed being on a site known as PokéCharms. But, that's more oriented to RP, so I'm here for the forum stuff (I just found this site with a quick google search). I don't really do much in general outside of Pokemon (besides PUBG), because I don't really know what I like. So... yeah. Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night! :p

3. AngelCWarrior New League Contender
    AngelCWarrior

Hello my name is Angel! I found Pokébeach by a simple google search honestly, but I have heard of this place many times before. I decided to join because I've recently found an interest in competitive Pokémon TCG and noticed that there are many of those kinds of players here so I hope I can learn a thing or two from this community when it comes to that. (I also play the video games too haha.) Some of my hobbies would be Pokémon card collecting and drawing, there are many others that I can't think of at the moment though. With all that said I am happy to join this website and hope to meet some wonderful people!

4. Specter of Death Herald of Glory
    Specter of Death

Hello! I'm Specter, or Spec--I've been called both.

I'm not new to the forum scene, as I come from SkyrimForums.org where I'm a moderator. However, activity there is slowly waning, and I wanted a few new places to branch out forums wise and I found this place! Since Pokemon has been a hobby and sort of an obsession of mine since the age of 5, I feel like I'll fit in here well.

I'm mainly interested in aiding those who need help with the games or tcg, casual discussion and exploration of the Pokemon World, and if there is a place for it here: written roleplay. On the forums I hail from, roleplaying is a huge part of why I have been connected to that forum for so long. Writing is my main hobby and outlet, and I believe there is a creative section here as well that I cannot wait to check out.

Enough of that, though, I suppose I should talk more about myself and less about why I am excited to be here!

I'm 21 (22 in less than a month), and my top 5 mons in order are Murkrow, Krookodile, Kingdra, Pumpkaboo, and Totodile. My obsession, fixation, fascination or whatever you'd like to call intense interest in Pokemon started with the Anime--specifically the movies. My earliest memories of Pokemon were spending time at a neighbour's house after school and watching bits and pieces of the best parts of the first 3 or so movies. From there I began watching the TV show whenever I was able to, as well as collect cards, toys, books and manga. It was only when I was gifted my first Gameboy that I discovered the magic that is the games!

While I will always love the TCG, the Anime and the Manga, my preferred medium to enjoy the Pokemon world is through the games. I never owned my first ever played Pokemon game--Fire Red--as it belonged to my cousin and I was only allowed to borrow it for the 10 hours he was there the day I was able to play it. But later on, I was able to trade some of my games with a friend in order to snag a pristine copy of Pokemon Yellow. After beating that, I traded a few more games for a less than pristine copy of Crystal. Crystal made Gen 2 my all time favourite region, but I also really love all of Gen 4 and Gen 7.

I've since fallen out of the TCG, but a few friends of mine are getting back into it and I'm planning on joining them in that endeavour when I can find and balance the time. I still actively watch the Anime and movies on occasion, and it's been a while but I still try to read my old copies of the manga I still have.

I plan on being semi-active here, as this is a really important hobby of mine. So with all that, I can't wait to get to know you all!

AngelCWarrior likes this.
  5. Dusk Form Lycanroc Champion of Alola
    Dusk Form Lycanroc

Haha, same here i found Pokebeach googling to find information about Forbidden Light, so; thanks Forbidden Light!

AngelCWarrior likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails