Pokemon Interesting Pokémon Facts

Chaos Jackal said:
When she mentions the weak person, she's talking about herself, since losing control of her powers was a sign of weakness. We already knew that the relationship between Caitlin and Darach was weird... possibly Darach came and prepared Caitlin's villa, and then they parted ways, hence the "I used to know" part and the fact that Caitlin is now a member of Unova's Elite Four.

I know she was talking about herself.
BTW, she said the "used to know" stuff in BW and the Darach coming to visit stuff in B2W2, so it doesn't make any sense.

in the pokemon games, Spinda's spots change depending on its ID. If you add its shinies, it can have a total of 8,589,934,592 different appearances but only a 1/16 of those appearances are available!

Edit: Change ID with personality value! x3!

Lizeron said:
in the pokemon games, Spinda's spots change depending on its ID. If you add its shinies, it can have a total of 8,589,934,592 different appearances but only a 1/16 of those appearances are available!

If there is only 1/16 of those then how are there 8589934592?

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
If there is only 1/16 of those then how are there 8589934592?

Damn <_< my mistake! 1/16 is avaible in each game! Every game can have different spindas and their total is 8589934592

Lizeron said:

Edit: Change ID with personality value! x3!

Personality value? Wouldn't that mean there are only 20-something Spinda spots?

Blob55 said:
Personality value? Wouldn't that mean there are only 20-something Spinda spots?

Dunno xD! It has always been my favorite trivia from bulbapedia! :eek: the equation is 2^32

Mew was added last minute to red/green (green as that's what they were programming.) And was not tested. We're lucky mew didn't break these games.

Bulbasaur in Japanese is Fushigidane, meaning: it's strange isn't it?

Omega Soul said:
Mew was added last minute to red/green (green as that's what they were programming.) And was not tested. We're lucky mew didn't break these games.

It wasn't tested, because the testing equipment was taken out, so Mew could go in.

- When Mewtwo Strikes Back came out in the US, it gained more money in its opening weekend than any other animated film, but the record was broken two weeks later by Toy Story 2.

- If one was to rearrange the Pokérap so all the Pokémon are in National Pokédex order, Alakazam, Dodrio, Scyther and Magmar would remain in their positions in the song.

- In the original script of Pokemon Heroes, Ash was originally going to take Latias on his Hoenn journey.

- Sketch can be used in a Wi-Fi battle, but the Smeargle's moveset will revert to normal after the battle.

Last edited:
Azurill is a Normal/Fairy-type unlike its Water/Fairy-type evolutions and has a higher chance of being female (75% as opposed to Marill and Azumarill's 50%). This means one third of female Azurill will change sex when they evolve :eek:

Nincada has a higher BST than its evolution, Sheninja.

Mew was found in South America according to R/B

Krabby has a higher base attack then Giritina and higher defense than Wailord

Salamance and Dunsparce have the same height.

Mega Altaria is the only dual type to have a completely different type combination from its first form (Normal/Flying->Dragon/Flying->Dragon/Fairy)

In R/B/Y, its possible to totally miss out one of the Gyms (iirc its the Saffron Gym but I'm not 100% sure) until you get to the badge check gates

Rhydon was the first pokemon made, even before it's pre-evolution rhyhorn.

Magneton is, obviously, made up of three magnetite and so should logically weigh three times magnetite's weight. but magnetite is 13.2 pounds and magneton is 132 pounds.

Charizard and Rhyhorn's cries are exactly the same.

In Red/Blue LICKitung couldn't learn the move Lick.

In the anime, May is the only character (besides Ash) to have more than one starter Pokemon.

Between all of the main characters to have ever been in the anime, to date no character has ever had a Ghost type Pokemon.

In 2001, in the South Pacific Island of Niue, Pikachu was put on the back of their one dollar coin.

Clefairy was originally planned to be the Pokemon mascot.

Pokemon Puzzle League is the only Pokemon game to have never hit Japan.

Until the end of generation five with Zoroark Master of Illusions movie, Ash had never seen the second generation legendary Pokemon Raikou.

His Goominess said:
Mega Altaria is the only dual type to have a completely different type combination from its first form (Normal/Flying->Dragon/Flying->Dragon/Fairy)

In R/B/Y, its possible to totally miss out one of the Gyms (iirc its the Saffron Gym but I'm not 100% sure) until you get to the badge check gates
You could also do that with Winona in R/S/E.

Sprites for Shellos and Gastrodon can be found in the coding for R/S/E, but went unused. Shellos and Gastrodon were both used in Generation 4 games later on. It is not known why they went unused, though my theory is it might be that the idea of having 3 Water/Ground types in the same generation was odd, so they were saved for a later generation.

GadgetJax said:
Sprites for Shellos and Gastrodon can be found in the coding for R/S/E, but went unused. Shellos and Gastrodon were both used in Generation 4 games later on. It is not known why they went unused, though my theory is it might be that the idea of having 3 Water/Ground types in the same generation was odd, so they were saved for a later generation.

But if that was the case they were also needed to remove Victreebel from gen 1 since the first gen has 3 Grass/Poison types

scattered mind said:
GadgetJax said:

But if that was the case they were also needed to remove Victreebel from gen 1 since the first gen has 3 Grass/Poison types

Or with Onix, Rhyhorn and Geodude's lines, in Gen I as well.

Right, I forgot about those too

Another interesting fact:
Snorunt is the only Pokemon (except Shedinja) that evolves into a ghost type without being a ghost type by herself.
So if you play a nuzlocke and your female Snorunt faints you can just give her a dawn stone and pretend that Froslass is her dead spirit :p

scattered mind said:
Right, I forgot about those too

Another interesting fact:
Snorunt is the only Pokemon (except Shedinja) that evolves into a ghost type without being a ghost type by herself.
So if you play a nuzlocke and your female Snorunt faints you can just give her a dusk stone and pretend that Froslass is her dead spirit :p

/me doesn't want to be a grammar nazi

*Dawn stone*

/me corrects it anyway.

Guys.
Okay, guys, GUYS.
I figured something out that is TOTALLY unreal.

THESE GUYS:

sina-and-dexio-greetings-route-4.png

ARE THESE DUDES:

pkmny691.JPG

I don't know how, or why, but I can just FEEL it.
It's TOTALLY REAL GUYS.

Back