Pokemon Interesting Pokémon Facts

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Here are a few interesting facts about Pokémon:
  • Piloswine's eyes were first revealed in Crystal's Sprite.
    Piloeyes.png
  • Some Pokémon had their cries changed before XY, like Magnemite.
  • Female Pokémon couldn't have perfect IVs in Gen 2 games.
  • Mega Mawile, despite having the lowest BST of all mega evolutions, has the highest attack stat of all Pokémon, thanks to its ability. It even goes higher than what's normally plausible, if it has Max IVs, Max EVs and a perfect nature in attack.

Do you have any cool Pokémon facts?

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but Simipour's line have their eyes open, not closed. The top half of it's eyes are the eye lids and the bottom half is the eyeball. It has no pupils :O

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
evilpacman said:
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but Simipour's line have their eyes open, not closed. The top half of it's eyes are the eye lids and the bottom half is the eyeball. It has no pupils :O

Maybe its there but extra thick but still see thru so it can see underwater like a beaver's special eye lid?

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
The-Kaiser said:
evilpacman said:

Maybe its there but extra thick but still see thru so it can see underwater like a beaver's special eye lid?

Well the 3D model clearly shows it blinking with the top half of the eye. Plus I think it follows the theme of "see no evil" as the other two are hear and speak. It could be the eyelid, but I'm thinking it has no pupils like Parasect.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
evilpacman said:

I will never see Simipour the same way again...

Here's one:
Arbok has a different pattern in different games:

024.png

Red/Blue
024.png

Yellow
024.png

Gold
024.png

Ruby/Sapphire
024.png

Fire Red/Leaf Green
024.png

Diamond/Pearl

(Arbok also features stripes only found in Red/Blue)
024.png

They haven't changed the pattern after Gen4 afaik.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Keeper of Night said:
evilpacman said:

I will never see Simipour the same way again...

Here's one:
Arbok has a different pattern in different games:

024.png

Red/Blue
024.png

Yellow
024.png

Gold
024.png

Ruby/Sapphire
024.png

Fire Red/Leaf Green
024.png

Diamond/Pearl

(Arbok also features stripes only found in Red/Blue)
024.png

They haven't changed the pattern after Gen4 afaik.

I really hate that they couldn't even be bothered to change the pattern. :( Why make Pokémon facts if you don't even stick to them?

Serena is the only girl who's travelled with Ash with a Pokédex, who's never looked up a Pokémon.

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
Blob55 said:
Serena is the only girl who's travelled with Ash with a Pokédex, who's never looked up a Pokémon.
I'm not quite sure what you mean? In the fourth episode, Serena used her Pokédex to look up Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Blob55 said:
...even if that was true, how many episodes have there been so far? Not even 15? 20? There'd be PLENTY of time for her to look up something. It's like saying "Ash has never owned a Pokemon with the Grass/Ghost type combination" when the possibility is still there for future episodes.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Prince Dedenne said:
Blob55 said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean? In the fourth episode, Serena used her Pokédex to look up Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie.

Dagnaggit. I always mentally exclude the looking up the starters everyone does. I meant since she's travelled with Ash anyway.

Here is a true fact: Mega Alakazam is the only mega evolution whose BST went up 90, instead of 100, but this may be because its 10 point stat increase was last minuet.

J

Juliacoolo

Hi guys :) Just a reminder to please post quality facts. Posting something arbitrary or blatantly obvious (Such as a discrepancy in a PokeDex entry or a base stat quirk) doesn't really contribute much. Posting pictures, linking references, and writing elaborately are good ways to supply a quality post.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Juliacoolo said:
Hi guys :) Just a reminder to please post quality facts. Posting something arbitrary or blatantly obvious (Such as a discrepancy in a PokeDex entry or a base stat quirk) doesn't really contribute much. Posting pictures, linking references, and writing elaborately are good ways to supply a quality post.

Well I think the Alakazam thing was interesting, as it's a bit of behind the scenes stuff.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Pokemon RBY have an insane number of glitches, more than those of all other Gens combined. Also, they have the most glitches that can be exploited without hacking the game. Most of these glitches, specifically those concerning glitch Pokemon, are caused by the game's Pokedex data having 255 instead of 151 spaces, thus using some for other data and the rest being filled with junk, scrapped designs and music, etc.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
You can code your own minigame on RB(Y?) without hacking - just ingame actions anyone can recreate.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
About 3/4 of all moves have been shown in the Animé.
Phione and Glalie share the same stat distribution.
Pidgey in Gens 1-5 has the shortest cry and Jynx the longest.
No Pokémon can understand Jynx, not even in the PMD series.
A lot of what Pokémon say in the first two PMD games, when you talk to them while in a dungeon say some Pokédex facts, even when some things the Pokémon say are depressing, like what Feebas says.

JungleBeatz

Financial Genius
Ok lets get these ones quickly out of the way:

Ekans is snake backwards
Arbok is kobra backwards
muk is... well... go figure

A level 100 Shuckle with maximum helping status boosters (Helping hand x2 in a triple battle, Belly drum/Baton Pass, with Metrenome, Skill swap into Power boost, flower gift on both w/ a sunny day, etc). uses defense curl to maximum, then does Roll out hitting 4 times, comes up against a Level 1 Ledyba (Bug/Flying) [4x weakness] with the lowest defense stat possible & hit with attacks that lower defense to the negitive range (tail whip/screechetc) hits on the 5th final roll with a critical hit can hit for

OVER
480,000,000 damage
making shuckle the strongest Pokemon ever, giving it the nickname, "Shuckle, destroyer of worlds"
Shuckle__Destroyer_of_Worlds_by_drikotor.png

Reggie McGigas

-
Time to blow your minds
Salamance and Dunsparce are both 4'11"
Arcanine is the only 'Legendary Pokemon'
Doudo and Doudrio can learn fly
Wooper can learn Ice Punch despite having no hands
lol Skitty and Wailord can breed
Mew's trademark was applied before Pokémon or Mewtwo was

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
This is not really a fact, it's more of a theory but...
I just noticed that on the official site Noibat is erroneously classified as pure Flying. There are other mistakes in their pokédex but, after looking again at Noibat's information, I compiled the following facts:

-Noibat deosn't learn any dragon-type move by level-up or TM. It learns Outrage through breeding and Draco Meteor by tutor, but the former is learned most likely because its evolution is Noivern, and the latter is simply because every pokémon with the Dragon-type in the game data passes on the move tutor type check.

-(Okay, this one is not a fact but still...) While Noivern is clearly a mix between a bat and a wyvern, Noibat looks just like a regular bat. Sure, not always a pokémon's design is the main influence for its type (see regular Charizard) but there's nothing dragon-ish about Noibat's appearance unlike its evolution.

-Again, not mandatory, but Noibat and Noivern are not in the Dragon egg group. The only other non-legendary dragons which are not in the Dragon egg group are Vibrava and Flygon and they evolve from a pokémon which is not part dragon.

-Its dual-type order. Noibat and Noivern are the only dual-type Flying pokémon with Flying as their primary type. If Noibat was supposed to be pure Flying, then it would make sense for Noivern to be Flying/Dragon instead of the usual Dragon/Flying, as the Dragon-type would be added upon evolution, which is the standard practice for those cases (e.g.: Drilbur -> Excadrill).

-These two cards:
180px-NoibatNoivernHalfDeck12.jpg
180px-NoivernNoivernHalfDeck13.jpg

Why is Noibat Colorless and not Dragon like Noivern?
Update:
The same happens with the Noibat and Noivern cards from Furious Fists: Noibat is Colorless while Noivern is Dragon.

-My conclusion: Noibat was probably made part-Dragon by mistake. I believe it was meant to be pure Flying.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Theory: Caitlin killed Darach.

There are a number of quote which support this, such as:
Black and White
After beating her: "In the past, when I battled, the force of my emotions shook me greatly. When my power awoke, I came close to destroying everything around me. That weak person no longer exists... Still, sometimes, my determination fails. Always, I aspire to wrap up a victory with elegance and grace. I invite you to be my opponent again in the future, if you wish."
After the rematch: "In the past, my untrained heart made my power run wild. I was forbidden to battle. All I craved then was to experience the pure excitement of battling like this. Hee hee... Although I'm embarrassed, I can't help smiling right now."
In her villa: "Having no psychic powers at all is better than having psychic powers you can't control."

Black 2 and White 2
Now for the elephant in the room: "Darach is as neat as always. He came all the way to Unova, cleaned the villa, and then went home..." I find it kind of fishy that he went all the way to Unova, just to clean up a villa, especially since (if he didn't die), he'd be busy in Sinnoh/Johto in the Battle Castles. Also, where is his home? from what I can tell, he spends half his time in Sinnoh and the other half in Johto. Another problem, is she said in Black and White "Having everything go your way is the road to disillusionment. Knowing the difference between what's impossible and what's possible... I used to know someone who talked about that a lot." So the only explanation I have for this, is she might of imagined him, or since she has such great Psychic powers, maybe she saw his ghost and afterwards he went back to the afterlife.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
When she mentions the weak person, she's talking about herself, since losing control of her powers was a sign of weakness. We already knew that the relationship between Caitlin and Darach was weird... possibly Darach came and prepared Caitlin's villa, and then they parted ways, hence the "I used to know" part and the fact that Caitlin is now a member of Unova's Elite Four.