Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: How much is a card worth / is this a good trade?

theducktamer said:
The "swastika" error card usually sells for more just because of the type of error. I agree with you though. I think the corrected version was printed less so technically should be worth more, especially under the circumstances for why it was changed.

Actually its not a swastika, its a symbol in Buddism, so there wasn't anything wrong with it, but then America is like "awww hell naw" and censored it.

Is reverse holo pokemon catcher worth more than the normal one?

Frost said:
xxashxx said:
Do you mean the Gym Heroes set? That is the 2nd set in that series.

No, Gym Heroes came first. There aren't even any cards related to Koga in Gym 1/Gym Heroes.

Yeah there is a few cards in those sets that Koga had. I still have Koga's Pigeotto and a few others XD. Just because they are not poison types does not mean they are not related as Flying type Pokemon can learn some poison type moves like Toxic and a few others XD.:)

So, first of all sorry for my extreme lack in knowledge for Pokemon Trading Cards. I got this tin with cards as a present from a friend who knows i like Pokemon. I'm really just into the main series videogames though. But she didn't know that, so anyways. I opened the cards and there were three that looked different, and I know I heard that there are rarer cards and I was wondering if those are some of them or if they are just regular very common cards. I attached the pics here. And seriously I have no clue about the cards so if my question is completely stupid, I'm sorry. lol.

2nvcsae.jpg

2uica5x.jpg

14t7eza.jpg

Oh wow, that's some good pulls.

You have Virizion from Emerging Powers, Gengar Prime from whatever set that annoying thing wanted to be in, and Reshiram FA. Reshiram is worth anywhere for 3-8$ depending on the buyers, the Virizion I believe is about $1.50, and Gengar Prime had it's day, when it was worth a lot, but now I think it's only $4.

MrGatr said:

You have Virizion from Emerging Powers, Gengar Prime from whatever set that annoying thing wanted to be in, and Reshiram FA. Reshiram is worth anywhere for 3-8$ depending on the buyers, the Virizion I believe is about $1.50, and Gengar Prime had it's day, when it was worth a lot, but now I think it's only $4.

Thanks for letting me know. It's so confusing to me, all these different decks, I tried to look it up myself and it was talking about holo's and reverse and EX I was so confused lol. Thanks again MrGatr.

xxashxx said:
Yeah there is a few cards in those sets that Koga had. I still have Koga's Pigeotto and a few others XD. Just because they are not poison types does not mean they are not related as Flying type Pokemon can learn some poison type moves like Toxic and a few others XD.:)

Koga's Ditto, Koga's Pidgeotto, et al. were in Gym Challenge, which was the second Gym set. There were no Koga cards in the first Gym set, Gym Heroes, like I said before. In Japan, Gym 1 focused on Brock, Misty, Surge and Erika while Gym 2 focused on Sabrina, Koga, Blaine and Giovanni. This would have been reflected in the English versions, but WOTC didn't like the lack of Psychic and Fire-type cards in Gym 1 and shuffled a few of Blaine and Sabrina's cards into Gym Heroes; they didn't do it for Koga and Giovanni's cards because Erika already provided enough Grass-type cards.

Oh I was confused. I thought you meant Koga had no cards related to him. Sorry XD. I read it wrong XD.:)

BayBeeBoi said:
MrGatr said:

Thanks for letting me know. It's so confusing to me, all these different decks, I tried to look it up myself and it was talking about holo's and reverse and EX I was so confused lol. Thanks again MrGatr.

yeah, well this is how it works, first you have your normal cards (Commons and uncommons, but we don't need to get into those) Then in Every TCG Pack there are two different cards, the Reverse Holo Card (you know, that card that's shiny looking) and a rare card. Now there are three different types of rares, Normal Rares (which look alot like Commons and Uncommons in every way, shape, and form) Holo Rare Cards (cards that have a special holographic background like your Virizion) and Ultra Rares (Which would be your Gengar Prime and Reshiram Full Art) You got really good pulls because the odds of pulling an Ultra Rare is relatively low. So getting 2 ultra rares out of 4 packs is really nice! (also, you can tell that a card is ultra rare because the border will be different and it will also have a holographic background)

anyways, I hope that I helped you understand card rarities a bit better.

Anyone got a value on a JPN Krookodile from the newest set?

How much do JPN 145 BW-P and 146 BW-P typically go for?

Haven't been able to find much information on these two cards.

1st post!
just started collecting
long time reading the forums for info
Finally registered!

pulled a gold boarder Golurk from 5 packs of B.C. I'm not too crazy about it I rather trade it for more useable cards any ideas what its worth and what ex's i could/should trade for it. Thanks PokeBeach!!

Mista Faded said:
1st post!
just started collecting
long time reading the forums for info
Finally registered!

pulled a gold boarder Golurk from 5 packs of B.C. I'm not too crazy about it I rather trade it for more useable cards any ideas what its worth and what ex's i could/should trade for it. Thanks PokeBeach!!

It's worth ~$10-$15, so you won't get too much for it.

Mista Faded said:
Post whats a good trade for Shiny Golurk?

"Good" is a subjective term, so good for someone could be bad for you.

How much is a Top 32 English Tropical Beach 2011?

Back