Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

I'm a long time lurker, just now having the time to sign up!

How much is a Base Set shadowless non first edition Blastoise worth? I can't seem to find the price anywhere.

http://www.dacardworld.com/itemimages/145260.JPG?v=20120612135658

K-Sav said:
I'm a long time lurker, just now having the time to sign up!

How much is a Base Set shadowless non first edition Blastoise worth? I can't seem to find the price anywhere.

http://www.dacardworld.com/itemimages/145260.JPG?v=20120612135658

I've actually got the same question regarding Venusaur. Can whoever answers find that one too?

I also have a Zekrom full art from BW base set that has a different colored background

Attachments

• IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5460.JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5461.JPG
    IMG_5461.JPG
    343.4 KB · Views: 13

Looks like the RH one from the 1st print run of BW. It's worth the same as a regular Zekrom FA.

K-Sav said:
I also have a Zekrom full art from BW base set that has a different colored background

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-new-errors-and-misprints-thread-new-rule-please-provide-a-picture-when-sharing-a-possible-fake-or-misprint?pid=2286021#pid2286021

Puff said:
I've actually got the same question regarding Venusaur. Can whoever answers find that one too?

Funny, I have the same question about a somewhere in between Good and Near Mint Shadowless Base Set Charizard. (unlimited run)

A complete Base Set Shadowless Set is worth $150-$250.
$150 would be for a complete set in less than NM condition.
$200 would be the price for a NM+ set if you wanted to sell it in a reasonable time.
You could get $250 for the set if it was NM+ and you waited for the right buyer.

Base Set Shadowless Blastoise is worth around $20-$30 depending on condition, and the 1st edition version is worth around $60-$70 depending on condition.

Base Set Shadowless Venusaur is worth around $15-$25 depending on condition, and the 1st edition version is worth around $50-$60 depending on condition.

Base Set Shadowless Charizard is worth around $30-$50 depending on condition, and the 1st edition version is worth around $200/250 - $300 depending on condition.

Of course, if you got the cards graded and they got an 8 or better, their prices would be higher (for some, a lot higher).

I can buy a shadowless 1st edition base set for 700$, what do you think?

PokeTradeNiels said:
I can buy a shadowless 1st edition base set for 700$, what do you think?

What's the condition?

Daelum said:
A complete Base Set Shadowless Set is worth $150-$250.
$150 would be for a complete set in less than NM condition.
$200 would be the price for a NM+ set if you wanted to sell it in a reasonable time.
You could get $250 for the set if it was NM+ and you waited for the right buyer.

That is for a complete set without the misprint cards I suppose?
What would a complete Shadowless set NM+, including the Pikachu and Ninetales misprints, be worth?

abv150 said:
That is for a complete set without the misprint cards I suppose?
What would a complete Shadowless set NM+, including the Pikachu and Ninetales misprints, be worth?

Yes, without misprints.

Just look up the values of the errors. Red cheeck Pikachu won't add a significant amount in comparison to the numbers already stated, but Ninetales and Blastoise and such expensive errors like that would add significant value.

So just find the value of each error then add it to the price of the set.

Asking on behalf of a friend:

Does anyone know how much a Victory Ring 2003 Battle Road Winners Trophy Trainer JPN card cost? Assume that the condition is mint or near-mint.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
Asking on behalf of a friend:

Does anyone know how much a Victory Ring 2003 Battle Road Winners Trophy Trainer JPN card cost? Assume that the condition is mint or near-mint.

Do not pay more than $30. I recently had multiple chances to purchase at that price.

Alright, I have a card with a slight misprint--the texturized print is off-center from the actual card. Below is the picture of the card:

[attachment=6830]

(if it helps, look toward the retreat cost, or his nose to see the offprint)

How would you value it in relation to the correct Entei EX FA (which at the time of posting is $22 via T&T)?

Attachments

• Entei EX FA.jpg
    Entei EX FA.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 23

I apologize for repeating, but I still need to find out what the value of a PSA 8 graded CD Venusaur Promo is. I also need the value of a Base Shadowless Charizard (Unlimited) for a trade I plan on doing in a couple of weeks. It's in great condition with no visible scratches or dents.

How much is Tornadus EX, Tornadus EX Full Art, and Hydreigon DRX 97 (non-rev.) worth?
I'd like to know b4 sunday, thanks in advance.

grantm1999 said:
How much is Tornadus EX, Tornadus EX Full Art, and Hydreigon DRX 97 (non-rev.) worth?
I'd like to know b4 sunday, thanks in advance.

Via trollandtoad.com:
--Tornadus EX: $22
--Tornadus EX FA: $30
--Hydreigon (Dark Trance): $10.50

bphaun3 said:
Via trollandtoad.com:
--Tornadus EX: $22
--Tornadus EX FA: $30
--Hydreigon (Dark Trance): $10.50

Keep in mind, however, that TnT generally overprices their cards to sell at profit. :)

SoulWind said:
Keep in mind, however, that TnT generally overprices their cards to sell at profit. :)

...Agreed; I hadn't considered that. There are few examples where they vastly undersell cards (the only example that comes to mind is the secret rare Meowth); many more are the examples (definitely including Tornadus EX of both styles) where their prices are higher than they should be.

I'm pretty sure that their prices are largely influenced by the hype of the cards AND if the products keep selling. If they can keep selling their Tornadus EX's at $22, they are inclined to either keep the price constant or, more probably, increase it to gain a profit.

When the cards stop selling, that's when they drop it, to try to get it selling again.

Regardless, if you do use a site to check card prices, use the same site to compare values of different cards. If you go checking a Mew EX on one site and a Registeel EX on a different one, the comparison will be somewhat inaccurate.

As far as the cards' *true* value is, ...beats the heck out of me. I'd personally put Hydreigon and Tornadus EX on about the same level, with FA being somewhat more than the normal variant.

Back