Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: The ''How much is a card worth?'' topic.

woah I never really thought about that ancient mew having two holo. LOL yeah the galaxy holo does look that a bunch of galaxies, my favorite! Really does look like 100 little galaxies! Hey I also have these WEIRD holos I forgot about from eons ago, what is the pattern called and are these cards even legitl? I really dont think they are real, hahahah but their worth the laugh!

IMG_3536.jpg
Untitled-3.png

hahah I have no idea where I got these... I just know they are pretty old worn down crappity cards :/ They hold sentimental value though, :> from my 7year old pokemon fan days!

How much is the Secret Rare Charizard reprint worth. I have the chance to trade it for a Shaymen EX and a Full Art Reshiram. Is that worth it?

MetaArmor said:
How much is the Secret Rare Charizard reprint worth. I have the chance to trade it for a Shaymen EX and a Full Art Reshiram. Is that worth it?
Although the Charizard is a much cooler card than both of those imo, the trade isn't worth it value-wise.
Reshiram EX FA - $15
Shaymin ex - $10

Charizard - $15, often less.

Personally though I would do just the Reshiram EX FA for it, as I see that Charizard's value going up more so than the Reshiram. Plus it's an awesome card :p

Well is the FA Reshiram from the first BW set or is it EX? If it's not EX, then it's worth a lot less than $15, though you would still be trading too much for the Charizard value-wise. But when it comes to trades, as long as you're happy with it, the value doesn't really matter. :)

MetaArmor said:

Honestly, I probably wouldn't do it.

The Charizard RP is becoming more valuable over time and it's a great looking card. If you look around and have a little patience, it's easy to get both Shaymin EX and Reshiram FA for around $12 shipped. It's not a bad trade, especially if you want the newer cards, but in the long run Charizard RP will be worth more. :)

Almost forgot i did see the mew Card again its the Corrected version 1 still in its lil book thing person selling it only wants about 18.99 again for it. :)

but im wondering how much its actually worth cus it seems to very almost mint to me.

Update: Well crud it seems it got sold today according to my mom who went to her place and got me 2 japanese base set cards as a gift. But im still going to see if the seller still has it this Friday just in case :(

Update: Yep it was sold 2 hours before she got there. =/

How much is the Japanese Ampharos from the Awakening Legends set worth?

So does anyone have any idea how much the Pokemon 1998 First Movie Meiji cards are really worth? I see them on eBay for pretty high prices but they've never sold for that much. In fact, the only times they have sold, it was for a very low price in an auction as a single or as a lot. Part of the reason they went for so little is because I believe not many are aware/care about these types of cards. But yeah, any idea?

Whats the average value of a non-foil card from the Japanese Movie Commemoration Random Pack? In particular:
- Dialga 'M'
- Giratina 'M'
- Chickorita 'M'
- Any of the energies

I want to figure out if it would be worth just buying the cards individually, or just getting another booster

ForeignDude said:
So does anyone have any idea how much the Pokemon 1998 First Movie Meiji cards are really worth? I see them on eBay for pretty high prices but they've never sold for that much. In fact, the only times they have sold, it was for a very low price in an auction as a single or as a lot. Part of the reason they went for so little is because I believe not many are aware/care about these types of cards. But yeah, any idea?

You can find some of the 1998 Meiji cards for $10 to $15 a piece in near mint condition if you're patient. A full set runs around $600 to $700. The #3 Ancient Mew is probably the most expensive at $35 to $50. If you're looking for graded 1998 Meiji's, a PSA 10 is very difficult to find. Mostly because alot of the cards were printed off center. The vertical borders are usually uneven.

Avalanche1313 said:
You can find some of the 1998 Meiji cards for $10 to $15 a piece in near mint condition if you're patient. A full set runs around $600 to $700. The #3 Ancient Mew is probably the most expensive at $35 to $50. If you're looking for graded 1998 Meiji's, a PSA 10 is very difficult to find. Mostly because alot of the cards were printed off center. The vertical borders are usually uneven.

Would you happen to know why exactly these are valued pretty high? This is something I thought would be easy to find since they were given out with chocolate bars I believe. Given how popular Pokemon was back then, I'd imagine a ton of were produced. As for grading them, yeah I can imagine it'd be tough.

ForeignDude said:
Would you happen to know why exactly these are valued pretty high? This is something I thought would be easy to find since they were given out with chocolate bars I believe. Given how popular Pokemon was back then, I'd imagine a ton of were produced. As for grading them, yeah I can imagine it'd be tough.

I believe the 1998 Meiji's were given out in cereal boxes. Since you couldn't use the cards in the pokemon game they weren't collected as much in the U.S. as other TCG cards / promos. There are folks that collect them, I just don't think many of the younger collectors know much about them. Personally I think they're very good looking cards.

The few available on Ebay are usually posted by long time sellers using "Buy it Now". I've collected a few over the last 10 years and was able to get all but the #3 Ancient Mew for no more than $10 apiece. They have become more difficult to find, even on Yahoo Japan you don't see them very often.

Hey guys,
Was just cleaning more out of my garage..and I stumbled upon a uncut sheet of pokemon cards (from the neo series)...all commons, but im not sure if its worth anything? It seems real to me..quality of the material/printing colors all seem normal =O although I never remember how I got this back when i used to be a child (When i used to collect). (sheet of 6 cards)

Espione said:
Hey guys,
Was just cleaning more out of my garage..and I stumbled upon a uncut sheet of pokemon cards (from the neo series)...all commons, but im not sure if its worth anything? It seems real to me..quality of the material/printing colors all seem normal =O although I never remember how I got this back when i used to be a child (When i used to collect). (sheet of 6 cards)

Those are going for about $15 on eBay.

What do you think the value on a PSA 9 Graded CD Promo Venusar would be worth? I won one on eBay for about 10 when a seller was auctioning off all of their CD promo cards

Does anyone know the approximate value of a Mint Shadowless Base set?

SoulWind said:
Does anyone know the approximate value of a Mint Shadowless Base set?

first editions are usually worth more is all i know as i have a unlimited no shadow Charizard worth only 1/3 to 2/3 a first edition one

I'd also like to know, what the value is of a mint complete shadowless base set?

The-Kaiser said:
first editions are usually worth more is all i know as i have a unlimited no shadow Charizard worth only 1/3 to 2/3 a first edition one

Actually the 1st edition one is worth a lot more. :p

Back