Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: Japanese Vending Machine Cards WTB

timewaster1700 said:
So I'm super interested in the old school Japanese Vending machine Pokemon cards from 98-99 era. I know there were three series (1=blue,2=red,3=green) and each had 4 sheets with 3-4 cards on them. I'm looking to collect each series. I can get the full series 1 set for $90 and the full series 2 set for $80 and 13 sheets of series 3 for $65. Is this a bad deal/good deal? What is a good way to figure out what old pokemon cards are really worth? Anyone know of better prices or want to sell these? Any help would be great thanks!

Welcome to the beach! I'm glad you decided to waste your time here.

Let's see...the vending sheets fluctuate a lot in price. I'll tell you the ranges and my personal opinion on current worth...

Vending Series 1 Complete Unpeeled - ranges from 70-130$, IMO 115-130$
Vending Series 1 Complete Peeled - ranges from 30$-100$, IMO ~70$

Vending Series 2 Complete Unpeeled - ~85$, IMO: 85+
Vending Series 2 Complete Peeled - IMO 55$

13 Sheets of series 3...average cost per sheet is usually 4$ a sheet so I would say 52$ at the most if they are all different, less if you have doubles...

This is just my opinion on pricing and ebay results. Some people will pay more and some will pay less. Case and point is a peeled vending series 2 set that sold for 125$ a few days ago...

We also have a thread in this section of the forum where you can ask what a certain card or set is worth :cool:

I have an Aquapolis Lugia, which I just noticed is separate from the rest of the holos in that list. Is it worth a fair amount then, or not really?

frezgle said:
I have an Aquapolis Lugia, which I just noticed is separate from the rest of the holos in that list. Is it worth a fair amount then, or not really?

Is it the crystal Lugia? If it is in good condition it is probably worth around 60-70$... Saw one listed for 200$, graded PSA 10 on ebay.

Anybody have any idea how much a Japanese 1ED UR Catcher is worth? None sold on ebay and 330$ for the single one on there.

I was thinking 70+ because it is nearly impossible to get a hold of...any ideas?

:/ BW UR are really inflated. I saw Gardevoir bounce Round 70-100$. Archeops 60-70$. One for 100$. So I guess the Catche would be around 70-100$ or more...

MrSquarepants said:
:/ BW UR are really inflated. I saw Gardevoir bounce Round 70-100$. Archeops 60-70$. One for 100$. So I guess the Catche would be around 70-100$ or more...

Yeah, but they are super nice ;)

I know that the UR catcher is almost impossible to get a hold of in Japan as well right now and was thinking a fair price to list on ebay would be ~85$ and buy it now of maybe 120$...I just can't find one anywhere really...

damn typo on iphone....

I meant to say BW4 UR are really expensive. BW3 and anything after 4 isn't bad. I don't know why Dark Rush has really expensive ultra rares. The full arts aren't really expensive, but the shinies are extreme.

Even BW3 didn't go past 70$ on most auctions.

MrSquarepants said:
damn typo on iphone....

I meant to say BW4 UR are really expensive. BW3 and anything after 4 isn't bad. I don't know why Dark Rush has really expensive ultra rares. The full arts aren't really expensive, but the shinies are extreme.

Even BW3 didn't go past 70$ on most auctions.

By the looks of it all the BW UR are going for 20-60$ except Pikachu which is usually less...Gardevoir has a pretty hefty price as well...

Yea but BW4 had some of the worst prices I've seen. I got shinies from other sets as low as 30$ and as high as 50$ but the highest is definitely Gardevoir. I paid 85$ for that one... I bought all 3 shinies from Megalo Cannon minus the rare candy for 120$. But I got lucky, now most are 50$.

Edit: hey I also found a full art N for 88$. Man that card is really hard to find. Was searching on eBay for months and no results. There is only one on eBay right now and that makes me really glad I got lucky with red collection and pulled one.

MrSquarepants said:
Yea but BW4 had some of the worst prices I've seen. I got shinies from other sets as low as 30$ and as high as 50$ but the highest is definitely Gardevoir. I paid 85$ for that one... I bought all 3 shinies from Megalo Cannon minus the rare candy for 120$. But I got lucky, now most are 50$.

Edit: hey I also found a full art N for 88$. Man that card is really hard to find. Was searching on eBay for months and no results. There is only one on eBay right now and that makes me really glad I got lucky with red collection and pulled one.

Wow, I actually had no idea a full art N is that expensive - that card completely slipped my mind...

Hello there.

I have following cards in my deck i want to sell. See the pictures of the cards right here:
http://www.dba.dk/samlekort-pokemon-kort/id-1000511089/
I got a offer on 120 dollars for all of it, worth to sell?

Christian Mølholm said:
Hello there.

I have following cards in my deck i want to sell. See the pictures of the cards right here:
http://www.dba.dk/samlekort-pokemon-kort/id-1000511089/
I got a offer on 120 dollars for all of it, worth to sell?

It's a "meh" deal.

Shining Gyarados - 25$
Shining Magikarp - 15$
Crystal Lugia - 45$
Shining Tyranitar - 15$
Shining Charizard - 50$
Ho-oh - 15$

On ebay you would sell for minimum ~160$ for those cards plus all the other cards makes it worth maybe 185$.

I wouldn't take less than 135-140$ unless you want to sell fast.

^^ Agree. If the condition on those cards is NM/M, $120 is way too low. Shining Charizard and Crystal Lugia sell for a decent chunk of change. I honestly would list the bigger cards individually on eBay. You would get more. :)

Are there any collectors who know how much *this set* is worth? Obviously that's an auction I just linked to but I was wondering how accurate that asking price truly is. I picked up 3 of the 5 cards for really cheap last week and was hoping to figure out how much is a fair price for each individually.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can give me any extra details on these cards.

Afro-G said:
Are there any collectors who know how much *this set* is worth? Obviously that's an auction I just linked to but I was wondering how accurate that asking price truly is. I picked up 3 of the 5 cards for really cheap last week and was hoping to figure out how much is a fair price for each individually.

I should have about 8 doubles.

Afro-G said:

I think they are worth roughly 20-30$ each from what I've seen. So maybe 100-130$ for the set of 5 is a fair price in my opinion. Then again you could just wait until a quick starter set comes up again, the last ones went in December for 90$ or so but that was a snipe by whoever got it.

Anyone know what the original Professor Program cards are worth?

If I find time I can take pictures to show what I am talking about.

SoulWind said:
Anyone know what the original Professor Program cards are worth?

If I find time I can take pictures to show what I am talking about.

I think you are talking about this right...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-TCG-PROMO-PROFESSOR-PROGRAM-14-CARD-PROMO-SET-/251235093637?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7ec74c85&nma=true&si=RKyFB1Ju3xnlTPFUaVkR%252F1Pmfe8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

So...probably 30$ buy it now and someone will bite.

bagoly14 said:
Afro-G said:

I think they are worth roughly 20-30$ each from what I've seen. So maybe 100-130$ for the set of 5 is a fair price in my opinion. Then again you could just wait until a quick starter set comes up again, the last ones went in December for 90$ or so but that was a snipe by whoever got it.
Thanks for the help, that's really awesome news. None of the pieces I picked up are in mint condition but even putting that into consideration it still sounds like I can make a nice buck off of them, easily making me profit in the end.

Where exactly do you find out information like this? Is there a good site I can use, or are you just very familiar with how past ebay auctions have gone?

I just watch Ebay a lot and other sites that have those cards.

Ebay definitely reflects the current market value the most accurately except for the odd auction here and there.

Back