Foreign Cards Database in the Works! Updated

RE: Foreign Cards Databse in the works! UPDATE!

omahanime said:
As for promos I have

3 Mewtwo - i
4 Pikachu - f - g
5 Dragonite - g
6 Arcanine - g
8 Mew - g
9 Mew (Holo) - i - s
14 Mewtwo - f - g
23 Zapdos - f - p
26 Trainer Pikachu - i
28 Surfing Pikachu - i
29 Marrill - s
30 Togepi - g - i
33 Scizor - g - i
35 Pichu - i
36 Iggybuff - g - i
37 Hitmontop - i
38 Unown J - i
39 Misdreavus - i

Prerelease

Aerodactyl - g

I know that there are some French exclusive promos but otherwise it seems that the cards printed in European languages seem to mirror English prints. Although it looks like the errors dont exist in the same way. Do you know of any errors in the other languages?

RE: Foreign Cards Databse in the works! Need help from around the world!

evilpacman said:
Need info on PORTUGUESE cards! Did they print cards from Base set -on? Did they just start more recently? If you have ANY information at all, this would help me with finding websites for them and for updating the database!

As for Portuguese Cards, I don't know if they have Portuguese cards in Portugal. However, in Brazil, the sets we had are:
The First Generation Sets
  • Base Set - Coleção Básica
  • Jungle - Selva
  • Base Set 2

RE: Calling experts in Foreign Cards! What languages were Pokemon cards printed in?

evilpacman said:
Light Venusaur said:
I have:
English (I mainly collect these ones)
Japanese (2nd opition)
a few German (well, ok Umbreon d' & Umbreon Ex)
I'll post photos of them shortly

Do you have any extra Japanese Voltorbs or Electrodes? :D
Sorry for the late reply...I don't sorry.
Anyways, I'm not allowed to trade on this site any more

RE: Foreign Cards database in the works! UPDATE!

Hope this doesn't count as reviving an old thread, but I'd like to mention that the site you have listed as a Spanish pokemon card distributor sells the cards in English. I read and speak spanish and I got pretty exctied only to find out that the cards for sale are in Enlgish. :(

@Omahanime Where did you get those Spanish boosters?! I'd love to make a deck in Spanish for fun! I have a Spanish Tropical Beach!

I found decks and boxes on eBay, back when they were still cheap.

Puckstopper20 said:
Do you know if they are still printing current sets? BW-On?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v3/556250025/Spanish_Pokemon_Cards.jpg&imgrefurl=http://handcraft.en.alibaba.com/product/556250025-213264187/Spanish_Pokemon_Cards.html&h=600&w=800&sz=105&tbnid=2v3wCH2nMDNmYM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&zoom=1&usg=__ldfDYJgU-sZtSV8XkVDTd2BHexc=&docid=nnPAEe_0qj0aqM&itg=1&hl=en&sa=X&ei=JaURUfqzFY-70AHc_4DQAQ&ved=0CF0Q9QEwCA&dur=2645

Puckstopper20 said:
Hope this doesn't count as reviving an old thread, but I'd like to mention that the site you have listed as a Spanish pokemon card distributor sells the cards in English. I read and speak spanish and I got pretty exctied only to find out that the cards for sale are in Enlgish. :(

@Omahanime Where did you get those Spanish boosters?! I'd love to make a deck in Spanish for fun! I have a Spanish Tropical Beach!

I noticed that some cards give you the option to order in Ingles or Castellano. Not all of them allow that though. I guess you just have to be lucky to find the ones you need in spanish. I'm still having a hard time finding sites for Japanese singles for some reason.

Also, if anyone knows of any foreign language Pokemon forum, can you let me know? I'm trying to get a hold of some contacts from different countries that could find me some of the Torbs and Trodes I needed.

Gah had to point this out because it was bugging me:

*1st edition prints lacked the rarity symbol in bottom right corner.

Not true! This is such a common misconception when it comes to the Japanese base set. The cards that lacked the rarity symbol in the bottom were from the Starter Pack, released the same day as the set (20th of October 1996).

pmcg_01_photo_01.jpg

It featured 60 cards and all of them were randomized (デッキの内容はパックごとに異なります - The contents of every deck differ from pack to pack) but were from the main set, and the only differential defining feature that they had in comparison to their expansion pack counterparts? No rarity symbols.

viper.fox said:
Gah had to point this out because it was bugging me:

*1st edition prints lacked the rarity symbol in bottom right corner.

Not true! This is such a common misconception when it comes to the Japanese base set. The cards that lacked the rarity symbol in the bottom were from the Starter Pack, released the same day as the set (20th of October 1996).

pmcg_01_photo_01.jpg

It featured 60 cards and all of them were randomized (デッキの内容はパックごとに異なります - The contents of every deck differ from pack to pack) but were from the main set, and the only differential defining feature that they had in comparison to their expansion pack counterparts? No rarity symbols.

Thanks for the clarification. This is information I had gathered from people, so it was bound to have some errors :p I haven't updated this in a while though. Anyway, would you say these cards are harder to come by then?

Aha everything else looks a-okay on the JP front to me, it was just that error that stuck out.

Tough to say, quite possibly yes because they'd just be listed as base set cards whenever sold so it'd be pot luck unless the photo/scan clearly shows them without the rarity marking. I've seen sealed decks on Yahoo Japan before which'd go relatively cheap but individuals not so commonly sighted in my years of TCG collecting and online hunts.

viper.fox said:
Aha everything else looks a-okay on the JP front to me, it was just that error that stuck out.

Tough to say, quite possibly yes because they'd just be listed as base set cards whenever sold so it'd be pot luck unless the photo/scan clearly shows them without the rarity marking. I've seen sealed decks on Yahoo Japan before which'd go relatively cheap but individuals not so commonly sighted in my years of TCG collecting and online hunts.

I figured those would be difficult to get for that reason. Usually when someone says they have the Base set card, I ask if it has the rarity symbol haha

I also think I saw somewhere that there is a Voltorb or Electrode (or both) from Gym that occurs in both the set AND in a theme deck. I think the theme deck one was lacking the set symbol. Is this correct? Maybe I'm wrong about the symbol, but I swear there was some difference that you could pick apart from the theme deck card vs the set card.

Yep! That's the exact major difference between the two of them.

Set:
biriri1.jpg

Deck:
biriri2.jpg

viper.fox said:
Yep! That's the exact major difference between the two of them.

Set:
biriri1.jpg

Deck:
biriri2.jpg

Thanks for the information! Do you happen to know a good place that I can haul in a bunch of the Voltorb and Electrode cards in Japanese? I'm having a hard time finding people to trade and most websites dont sell more than 5 different ones. And they are usually always the newer ones with the occasional Base set lol

evilpacman said:
I'm still having a hard time finding sites for Japanese singles for some reason.

redickulous7 on eBay

omahanime said:
evilpacman said:
I'm still having a hard time finding sites for Japanese singles for some reason.

redickulous7 on eBay

I just checked him out. Couldnt find what I was looking for :(

I think I've asked you this already, but I cant find it.... Were any of the half decks or starter sets printed in 1st edition? I think you said National Beginning Set was. I am trying to figure out if Mirage's Mew and Lightning Quick construction decks were printed with a 1st edition run.

Also, would you happen to know if there is some way to tell if a card such as Holon Scientist was pulled from the Holon Research Tower Water Quarter deck or the Lighting or Fire deck? Is there some sort of marking on any of the cards that indicates which one of the three decks they came from?

evilpacman said:
I think I've asked you this already, but I cant find it.... Were any of the half decks or starter sets printed in 1st edition? I think you said National Beginning Set was. I am trying to figure out if Mirage's Mew and Lightning Quick construction decks were printed with a 1st edition run.

I have 1st edition. I may even still have singles of the Lightning Quick construction decks. I emailed scans to you. Do not drool on the monitor.

evilpacman said:
Also, would you happen to know if there is some way to tell if a card such as Holon Scientist was pulled from the Holon Research Tower Water Quarter deck or the Lighting or Fire deck? Is there some sort of marking on any of the cards that indicates which one of the three decks they came from?

Yes, the emblem is different color.

omahanime said:
evilpacman said:

I have 1st edition. I may even still have singles of the Lightning Quick construction decks. I emailed scans to you. Do not drool on the monitor.

evilpacman said:

Yes, the emblem is different color.

Very cool cards. I'll imagine the Voltorb and Electrode will be hard to come by haha

Well that really clears things up thanks :)

evilpacman said:
Very cool cards. I'll imagine the Voltorb and Electrode will be hard to come by haha

If I still have extra singles, I will trade or sell them.

omahanime said:
evilpacman said:

If I still have extra singles, I will trade or sell them.

Oh, that would be great! I need any Voltorb or Electrode from the half decks or construction decks. I also need the Holons Scientist.... which now I know there are 8 of haha

Back