Foreign Cards Database in the Works! Updated

RE: Foreign Cards database in the works! UPDATE!

Hi,

I'm Raúl, the webmaster of the Spanish site mencioned, Frikea. As we are a Spanish shop we sell cards in Spanish and in English. To help collectors we have made dinamic lists of our stocks (select collection from the combo):
http://www.frikea.es/pokemonchecklist.php

The ones marked as Inglés are in English, Castellano are in Spanish (and there are little in Japanese, Korean....) If a card not specify language it's in English, and is posible that never was released in Spanish.

Please remove the link if its spam, only wanna clarify :)

evilpacman said:
Puckstopper20 said:
Hope this doesn't count as reviving an old thread, but I'd like to mention that the site you have listed as a Spanish pokemon card distributor sells the cards in English. I read and speak spanish and I got pretty exctied only to find out that the cards for sale are in Enlgish. :(

@Omahanime Where did you get those Spanish boosters?! I'd love to make a deck in Spanish for fun! I have a Spanish Tropical Beach!

I noticed that some cards give you the option to order in Ingles or Castellano. Not all of them allow that though. I guess you just have to be lucky to find the ones you need in spanish. I'm still having a hard time finding sites for Japanese singles for some reason.

Also, if anyone knows of any foreign language Pokemon forum, can you let me know? I'm trying to get a hold of some contacts from different countries that could find me some of the Torbs and Trodes I needed.

Frikea said:
Hi,

I'm Raúl, the webmaster of the Spanish site mencioned, Frikea. As we are a Spanish shop we sell cards in Spanish and in English. To help collectors we have made dinamic lists of our stocks (select collection from the combo):
http://www.frikea.es/pokemonchecklist.php

The ones marked as Inglés are in English, Castellano are in Spanish (and there are little in Japanese, Korean....) If a card not specify language it's in English, and is posible that never was released in Spanish.

Please remove the link if its spam, only wanna clarify :)

Hi, we actually had a conversation in email the other day :) You gave me very good information, and I enjoy your website. I had ordered a bunch of Voltorbs and Electrodes from it.

Once I have time, I'm planning on updating the list with the sets in French, Spanish and Italian. Probably German too.

If I can ever get my scanner to work properly, I'd be happy to offer scans of my German and French cards.

That would be great! I'm going to look on my French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese forums for people who have completed sets and would like to contribute.

I think I'm going to leave Japanese scans out of this for the most part, because those are very easy to find. What I'll do, is provide scans of certain decks and starter packs so people can figure out if they own a card that originated from one of those. For example, the Base Set cards were slightly different between the random starter deck (whatever its called) and the actual main set. Not many people would know that, and I just found out the difference haha

But thanks, all help would be appreciated. You can see that I'm trying to organize it and make it look nicer. Hopefully, when its close to finished and has all the main stuff included, it could get sticky'd and join the other databases :) I think it could be a great resource for collectors.

RE: Foreign Cards database in the works! PORTUGUESE?

Bump for help on Portuguese. I cant seem to find all the sets that were printed in this language.
Working on Korean and Polish next.

As for Portuguese Cards, I don't know if they have Portuguese cards in Portugal (Yes, there are differences in language between Portugal and Brazil).

In Brazil, the sets that were printed are:

The First Generation Sets
  • Base Set - Coleção Básica
  • Jungle - Selva
  • Base Set 2

The Second Generation Sets
  • We didn't have any sets printed in Portuguese from the Second Generation Sets due to some distributors issues.

The Third Generation Sets
  • EX Ruby And Sapphire (I'm quite sure that this was the only set printed in Portuguese)

The Fourth Generation Sets
  • Diamond and Pearl - Secret Wonders - Maravilhas Secretas
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver
  • HS - Unleashed - Revelado
This generation was the turning point in the TCG in Brazil, since Copag became the new distributor making it popular again.

The Fifth Generation Sets
  • Black & White
  • Black & White - Emerging Powers - Poderes emergentes
  • Black & White - Noble Victories - Vitórias Nobres
  • Black & White - Next Destinies - Próximos Destinos
  • Black & White - Dark Explorers - Exploradores da Escuridão

Currently, we're three sets behind the US. However, Copag confirmed that they're going to release Dragons Exalted, Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Storm in Brazil.

The Pokémon TCG website in Brazil is: www.copag.com.br/pokemon/

And here is the Copag online store:
www.copagloja.com.br/

The only completed set I own is HeartGold & SoulSilver, I'll scan them in the near future and then I'll share with you!

If you have any other questions, let me know! =)

PokeRods said:
As for Portuguese Cards, I don't know if they have Portuguese cards in Portugal (Yes, there are differences in language between Portugal and Brazil).

In Brazil, the sets that were printed are:

The First Generation Sets
  • Base Set - Coleção Básica
  • Jungle - Selva
  • Base Set 2

The Second Generation Sets
  • We didn't have any sets printed in Portuguese from the Second Generation Sets due to some distributors issues.

• EX Ruby And Sapphire (I'm quite sure that this was the only set printed in Portuguese)

The Fourth Generation Sets
  • Diamond and Pearl - Secret Wonders - Maravilhas Secretas
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver
  • HS - Unleashed - Revelado
This generation was the turning point in the TCG in Brazil, since Copag became the new distributor making it popular again.

The Fifth Generation Sets
  • Black & White
  • Black & White - Emerging Powers - Poderes emergentes
  • Black & White - Noble Victories - Vitórias Nobres
  • Black & White - Next Destinies - Próximos Destinos
  • Black & White - Dark Explorers - Exploradores da Escuridão

Currently, we're three sets behind the US. However, Copag confirmed that they're going to release Dragons Exalted, Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Storm in Brazil.

The Pokémon TCG website in Brazil is: www.copag.com.br/pokemon/

And here is the Copag online store:
www.copagloja.com.br/

The only completed set I own is HeartGold & SoulSilver, I'll scan them in the near future and then I'll share with you!

If you have any other questions, let me know! =)

Very informative! Thank you! I found the website that you posted but I had a hard time reading it lol I also found a forum for Portugal, which I'll post as well. Its not very active, however.

One thing I was confused on though was that I thought Base set 2 was only printed in English.

evilpacman said:
Very informative! Thank you! I found the website that you posted but I had a hard time reading it lol I also found a forum for Portugal, which I'll post as well. Its not very active, however.

One thing I was confused on though was that I thought Base set 2 was only printed in English.

I can help translate the main things on those websites when I have time =)

Hmm, I will look through some of my old cards to see if I can find any Base Set 2 in Portuguese.

Thank you so much for all the help! So for my personal collection, I just want to confirm that I dont need any cards from these sets here:

Fossil
Rocket
Aquapolis
Skyridge
EX Hidden Legends
EX FireRed and LeafGreen
EX Emerald
EX Legend Maker
EX Delta Species
Stormfront
Rising Rivals
HGSS Triumphant

None of those exist in Portuguese language correct? I'm trying to get all the Electrodes and Voltorbs :)

evilpacman said:
Thank you so much for all the help! So for my personal collection, I just want to confirm that I dont need any cards from these sets here:

Fossil
Rocket
Aquapolis
Skyridge
EX Hidden Legends
EX FireRed and LeafGreen
EX Emerald
EX Legend Maker
EX Delta Species
Stormfront
Rising Rivals
HGSS Triumphant

None of those exist in Portuguese language correct? I'm trying to get all the Electrodes and Voltorbs :)
Sorry, I forgot to add Fossil, it was printed in Brazil.
And I'm not sure about the EX-series, because I wasn't collecting back then.

As soon I find more information, I update here!

Also, I will try to find the Voltorb Base Set so I can post it here ;)

Awesome thanks! If you can find any extra Voltorbs or Electrodes to trade, please let me know :)

Oh, and I would love to know if you find any more information on the EX sets. I couldnt find much information on that, but I dont speak the language, so its harder for me to navigate around the Brazil Google. Do you know any forums for Portuguese Pokemon cards?

Korean sets Black & White on will have the same cards as Japanese sets.

omahanime said:
Korean sets Black & White on will have the same cards as Japanese sets.

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere. So its just the 1-10 series then that are a bunch of sets thrown together. I'm still working on Chinese, but other than that, all that is left is to figure out which POP sets were made in each language.

Here is the listing for Korean series 1 decks

1/55 Roselia - - Supreme Victors 123/147
2/55 Roserade - - Supreme Victors 81/147
3/55 Turtwig - - Majestic Dawn 77/100
4/55 Grotle - - Platinum 49/127
5/55 Torterra - - Diamond & Pearl 17/130
6/55 Kricketot - - Supreme Victors 109/147
7/55 Combee - - Supreme Victors 99/147
8/55 Cherubi - - Supreme Victors 96/147
9/55 Carnivine - - Supreme Victors 53/147
10/55 Vulpix - - Mysterious Treasures 15/124
11/55 Growlithe - - Supreme Victors 108/147
12/55 Arcanine - - Supreme Victors 50/147
13/55 Ponyta - - Diamond & Pearl 94/130
14/55 Magmar - - Mysterious Treasures 54/124
15/55 Houndour - - Great Encounters 69/106
16/55 Chimchar - - Majestic Dawn 56/100
17/55 Monferno - - Majestic Dawn 41/100
18/55 Infernape - - Diamond & Pearl 5/130
19/55 Magikarp - - Supreme Victors 110/147
20/55 Wingull - - Great Encounters 95/106
21/55 Corpish - - Supreme Victors 100/147
22/55 Piplup - - Diamond & Pearl 93/130
23/55 Prinplup - - Platinum 59/127
24/55 Empoleon - - Diamond & Pearl 4/130
25/55 Buizel - - Supreme Victors 92/147
26/55 Floatzel - - Supreme Victors 58/147
27/55 Manaphy - - Diamond & Pearl 9/130
28/55 Pikachu - - Supreme Victors 120/147
29/55 Raichu - - Majestic Dawn 45/100
30/55 Magnemite - - Supreme Victors 111/147
31/55 Electrike - - Majestic Dawn 64/100
32/55 Shinx - - Supreme Victors 126/147
33/55 Luxio - - Diamond & Pearl 52/130
34/55 Pachirisu - - Supreme Victors 118/147
35/55 Rotom - - Supreme Victors 82/147
36/55 Meowth - - Supreme Victors 114/147
37/55 Farfetch'd - - Secret Wonders 49/132
38/55 Lickitung - - Secret Wonders 91/132
39/55 Kangaskhan - - Majestic Dawn 38/100
40/55 Aipom - - Majestic Dawn 51/100
41/55 Miltank - - Secret Wonders 55/132
42/55 Zigzagoon - - Great Encounters 96/106
43/55 Starly - - Supreme Victors 129/147
44/55 Staravia - - Supreme Victors 85/147
45/55 Bidoof - - Supreme Victors 91/147
46/55 Bibarel - - Supreme Victors 51/147
47/55 Buneary - - Supreme Victors 94/147
48/55 Lopunny - - Supreme Victors 63/147
49/55 Glameow - - Great Encounters 68/106
50/55 Chatot - - Diamond & Pearl 74/130
51/55 Pokéball - - Diamond & Pearl 110/130
52/55 Potion - - Diamond & Pearl 118/130
53/55 Energy Restore - - Diamond & Pearl 106/130
54/55 Energy Search - - Majestic Dawn 90/100
55/55 Switch - - Diamond & Pearl 119/130

Thanks for the list :) Do you know the Korean characters for the set name?

I have other ones, and I still have the packaging for the name.

I've seen the packaging, but I cant figure out how to write that on the computer

I've got some updates!

I guess you were right when you said that Base set 2 was only printed in English. The only Base Set 2 cards that I could find here were in English.

Also, I found out that there were more EX-series sets released in Portuguese

• EX Ruby And Sapphire
  • EX Deoxys
  • EX Emerald
  • EX Unseen Forces - EX Forças Ocultas (This is the only translation I know)
  • EX Team Rocket Returns

Now the bad news: You can hardly find any information, scans or anything regarding these sets in Portuguese, let alone find singles to buy :(
I'm not sure why, but my guess is that the distributor didn't advertise it properly and/or the packs were unreasonably expensive.

That's it for now! =)

PokeRods said:
I've got some updates!

I guess you were right when you said that Base set 2 was only printed in English. The only Base Set 2 cards that I could find here were in English.

Also, I found out that there were more EX-series sets released in Portuguese

• EX Ruby And Sapphire
  • EX Deoxys
  • EX Emerald
  • EX Unseen Forces - EX Forças Ocultas (This is the only translation I know)
  • EX Team Rocket Returns

Now the bad news: You can hardly find any information, scans or anything regarding these sets in Portuguese, let alone find singles to buy :(
I'm not sure why, but my guess is that the distributor didn't advertise it properly and/or the packs were unreasonably expensive.

That's it for now! =)

Awesome! Great information thanks! It is some bad news though, especially now that I have to get some more Voltorbs lol

Let me know if you find anymore information!

evilpacman said:
I've seen the packaging, but I cant figure out how to write that on the computer

The best way to do it without a Korean modeled keyboard would probably be to find places on the internet where the titles of the sets are typed out in Hangul and then use copy-paste to transfer the names.

Bulbapedia has a couple:
모험의 시작 (Start of the Adventure)
암흑의 초승달 (Darkness of Crescent)

You might also be able to configure your keyboard to type in Hangul (I did this for Kana occasionally when I was studying Japanese), but just finding the titles in text over the internet might just be easier.

Back