Foreign Cards Database in the Works! Updated

RE: Foreign Cards database in the works! PORTUGUESE?

Artemis said:
evilpacman said:
I've seen the packaging, but I cant figure out how to write that on the computer

The best way to do it without a Korean modeled keyboard would probably be to find places on the internet where the titles of the sets are typed out in Hangul and then use copy-paste to transfer the names.

Bulbapedia has a couple:
모험의 시작 (Start of the Adventure)
암흑의 초승달 (Darkness of Crescent)

You might also be able to configure your keyboard to type in Hangul (I did this for Kana occasionally when I was studying Japanese), but just finding the titles in text over the internet might just be easier.

I think the first option will definitely be the easiest, because I dont want to configure my keyboard lol However, I've had trouble finding websites where it is typed out.

Do you happen to know if the Japanese stuff is correct so far?

Hey! I managed to get one Voltorb in Portuguese 1st Ed just for this topic!
voltorb_basico_zps6a72cfc4.jpg

Thanks! Looks great! Did you find any more information on the old EX sets?

Everything pretty much updated now. All languages should be updated except for Korea and Japanese. Next are just some nitpicky things to do.

Hey! After some youtube videos I saw that this deck does contain cards that have a rarity symbol on it.
- Series 1 Starter Pack - 第1弾スターターパック (No rarity symbol

Are all Starter Packs like this or did you mean there were only a couple without a rarity symbol??

JvdB134 said:
Hey! After some youtube videos I saw that this deck does contain cards that have a rarity symbol on it.

Are all Starter Packs like this or did you mean there were only a couple without a rarity symbol??

Decks and promo cards in Japan usually do not have rarity markings. Rarity markings are used to express odds of finding, so fixed occurrence does not need them.

Thats odd then. Maybe it was the first run of decks or something? Because I dont think those ones had fixed cards like most decks.

omahanime said:
JvdB134 said:

Decks and promo cards in Japan usually do not have rarity markings. Rarity markings are used to express odds of finding, so fixed occurrence does not need them.

Completely true! But when I looked online to videos of people unpacking that Series 1 Starter Pack, I think I saw rarity symbols on the cards though. Have you got cards from Starter Packs yourself without rarity symbols?

evilpacman said:
Thats odd then. Maybe it was the first run of decks or something? Because I dont think those ones had fixed cards like most decks.

Maybe not fixed, but still a certain amount of holo, rare, uncommon and common in a pack. At least that's what Bulbapedia says on this pack. Has anyone allready pictures of these 'Base' cards without rarity symbols? Where were they from then. I'm starting to collect Japanese cards now next to my English and Dutch collection but it's a big puzzle to find out which cards have been printed:p

EDIT: BTW are u still looking for Dutch stores? There are some online and physical stores here that sell only the english cards. But I think you're looking for stores that sell the Dutch cards. As only the first 3 sets were translated to Dutch, which was a long time ago, there are no more cards, boxes, packs in the running. Occasionally you find a 'lost' pack at a store or online but that's basically it I believe.

JvdB134 said:
Maybe not fixed, but still a certain amount of holo, rare, uncommon and common in a pack. At least that's what Bulbapedia says on this pack. Has anyone allready pictures of these 'Base' cards without rarity symbols? Where were they from then. I'm starting to collect Japanese cards now next to my English and Dutch collection but it's a big puzzle to find out which cards have been printed:p

EDIT: BTW are u still looking for Dutch stores? There are some online and physical stores here that sell only the english cards. But I think you're looking for stores that sell the Dutch cards. As only the first 3 sets were translated to Dutch, which was a long time ago, there are no more cards, boxes, packs in the running. Occasionally you find a 'lost' pack at a store or online but that's basically it I believe.

Good luck on the Japanese collection :) The only card I have without the rarity symbol from Base is Voltorb and I got that in a purchase so I cant say for certain where it came from. I'm not sure what is 100 percent but I thought they came from that deck. Idk though.

As far as the Dutch stores go, thanks for the information. I had a feeling there wouldnt be any good place to buy Dutch cards from. Maybe there is an Ebay seller or something though?

evilpacman said:
JvdB134 said:

Good luck on the Japanese collection :) The only card I have without the rarity symbol from Base is Voltorb and I got that in a purchase so I cant say for certain where it came from. I'm not sure what is 100 percent but I thought they came from that deck. Idk though.

As far as the Dutch stores go, thanks for the information. I had a feeling there wouldnt be any good place to buy Dutch cards from. Maybe there is an Ebay seller or something though?

Yeah it's very difficult to find dutch cards in mint/near mint condition at the moment. Especially the Fossil Unlimited set! There are enough 1st editions in dutch but the unlimited ones are impossible to find:p I don't know anyone who's got them complete.

Oh and I'm looking through my cards and I have some German POP9 cards. So you can add that to your list:)

Only saw this now...

I'm Portuguese so I can tell you what I know...
Well, as fas as I know, every Portuguese set released in Brazil has also been released in Portugal (I'm just not sure about the BW sets, but I saw at least BW and Next Destinies in Portugal), because the they are released in Portugal with Brazilian Portuguese.
I have almost the entire Base Set (Unlimited) in Portuguese with the exception of Pokémon Breeder (which is also the only card I'm missing from the set, though I also think I only have 1st edition Portuguese Magikarp).
Regarding the sets, from the first gen, they released the Base Set, Jungle and Fossil but I believe I also have a few Base Set 2 cards in portuguese. After that, they only released portuguese cards again until Ex Ruby&Sapphire. The EX Series section you have is correct. As for the Diamond & Pearl/HGSS block, I know that Diamond & Pearl and Mysterious Treasures were also released in portuguese (I have a portuguese Mismagius, and a few others I think, from DP and a portuguese Croconaw from MT). Everything else is most likely correct.
I honestly stopped caring about Portuguese cards because I prefer collecting the english sets, the portuguese sets are few and always very late, and the portuguese used on the cards kinda bugs me.

And that's all I think... If I remember anything else, I'll come here again...

JvdB134 said:
evilpacman said:

Yeah it's very difficult to find dutch cards in mint/near mint condition at the moment. Especially the Fossil Unlimited set! There are enough 1st editions in dutch but the unlimited ones are impossible to find:p I don't know anyone who's got them complete.

Oh and I'm looking through my cards and I have some German POP9 cards. So you can add that to your list:)

Awesome, I'll add that! I've also heard that the unlimited ones are hard to find for Jungle too. Is that true?

evilpacman said:
JvdB134 said:

Awesome, I'll add that! I've also heard that the unlimited ones are hard to find for Jungle too. Is that true?

Yeah they're more difficult to find than Jungle Dutch 1st Editions, I don't know what happened in this country:p Oh and btw! Found a German POP3 card:)

Yeah, that makes it pretty difficult especially for people that dont live Dutch speaking countries lol And thanks. I added those to the list.

There's one particular ebay seller that sells theme decks in Dutch, and many other languages: cranberryhippo2009. I've bought some stuff from him/her and was pleased with the service. All other Dutch cards that I've found online have been one offs. Ebay.nl usually has a couple auctions floating around, same with marktplaats.nl (a Dutch ebay-like service). But you're definitely dependent on second hand stuff only.

Anyone know the release date of Plasma Freeze for German, Italian, Spanish and French? I know Portuguese will be just getting Boundaries crossed next month.

Back