XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

FloodBadge said:
Raptor9229 said:
Eh, I would not say that Aerodactyl was a Wyvern, it is more of a Pterosaur in a way. Also I would love Clauncher to also look a bit like a machine gun on its final evolution (face it we already have a pistol (remoraid) and artillery (Octillery), so why not a Heavy Machine Gun shrimp?

Oh really?
142Aerodactyl.png

142Aerodactyl_RG.png

papo_ptero.JPG

DS__Monsters___Wyvern_by_willowWISP.jpg
I'm still saying it's more wyvern in the combo.

As for the clauncher evolution, who says we cannot have more weapon pokemon? We already have 3 cannon/tank pokemon (4 or 5 if you count the dark dragons of Unova), and plenty of other pokemon that are part some object.
Besides, pistols and rifles vs swords = pirates.

The pterosaur in question was a Pteranodon which has a short tail, next time you find a pterosaur picture to compare with aerodactyl find one of the long tailed ones and you used the Pteranodon from the third Jurassic Park, even bigger fail dude.

I am just saying that Aerodactyl screams Pterosaur for me, actually Pirates did not only use swords dude. There were pirates that used friggin pistols and rifles. Those movies have your brain fried. Be funny if Clauncher turns into a mantis shrimp with a cannon on one arm and a sword for the other though. Hm, that might not be a bad idea, someone come up with a picture of what that would look like please.

Aerodactyl was a Pterodactyl.
Garchomp is a European Dragon.

Noivern is the first one flat out based on a Wyvern right to the point of it's name meaning, and crossed with a Flying Fox/Fruit Bat.

While there are similarities, and it being on Lance's team, so were other Pokemon that were similar.
The Japanese see Dinosaurs and Dragons as no different basically. So this is also another contributing factor.

TokenDuelist said:
Aerodactyl was a Pterodactyl.

Noivern is the first one flat out based on a Wyvern right to the point of it's name meaning, and crossed with a Flying Fox/Fruit Bat.

While there are similarities, and it being on Lance's team, so were other Pokemon that were similar.
The Japanese see Dinosaurs and Dragons as no different basically. So this is also another contributing factor.

European dragons are quadropedal and have 2 wings not attatched to their arms.
Pterosaurs (since there's no proof of it being any certain species) did not have any tails longer than 1 foot, and did not have 2 horns or such large mouths. They also never had a spike on their back or an arrow on their tail.
I'm pretty sure the japanese see dragons and dinosaurs differentley, i mean, there's such things as Japanese dragons, and other eastern dragons.

TokenDuelist said:

Pretty much, dinos are just seen as extensions to dragons over in japan.

I don't see the resemblance.

Chespin strikes me as a woodchuck or hedgehog. For the evolution Im thinking like a badger mole ^.^

Fennekin needs to stay with the fox theme but evolve into a more ghostly form. I really like this image of it even if its a fake. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...on_scan_leaked__by_midnitez_remix-d5s1p6f.png

Froakie
I cant really picture at all sadly

Pancham I only can picture Po from kung fu panda sadly...

Fletchling I still hope this one gets a stage 2 evolution but its hard to picture anything cooler looking than Talonflame

Gogoat I picture as a mountain ram as an evolution.

Helioptile I see a frilled lizard.

Noivern I see as a stand alone. Maybe a pre evolution.

Skrelp I dont see the seaweed seahorse other people see.... >.>

Litleo As much as I would love a manticore I doubt it will happen. I expect a basic lion evolution.

Flabébé Not a clue... either something bonded with the flower or a stand alone.

Clauncher The one Im most excited to see evolve! Mantis shrimp all the way. Anyone who disagrees with this or pictures a shrimp with a giant gun or whatever needs to rethink how extremely awesome the mantis shrimp is. Heres a pretty good video explaining and showing the mantis shrimps. The first video is short but shows just how large these things can get. The last 3 are from the 80s but show some really good images of him in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Mxc4yZK_4&feature=youtu.be

part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdHJ9Nvc-s8
part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkG4pnwNzc4
part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua794XPMUlg

I think Flabébé will turn into a dragon-type for obvious reasons.

@Nathan Vrooman: I really like that picture of the Fennekin evolution. I really hope that's real, meaning it could possibly be part Psychic or Ghost.

regigigas said:

@Nathan Vrooman: I really like that picture of the Fennekin evolution. I really hope that's real, meaning it could possibly be part Psychic or Ghost.

No offense, but you would have to be really dumb to think that was a real screenshot.

Also, a Tinker Bell turning into a Dragon? Flabébé is based off of the same fairies/faeries Tinker Bell is. It's more likely to see it turn into something with a bright light.

FloodBadge said:
regigigas said:

No offense, but you would have to be really dumb to think that was a real screenshot.

Also, a Tinker Bell turning into a Dragon? Flabébé is based off of the same fairies/faeries Tinker Bell is. It's more likely to see it turn into something with a bright light.

Calm down! I was obviously joking about Flabébé, it probably turns into some boring fairy/plant/blah thing (or maybe nothing). And I never said the screenshot WAS real and I never said I THOUGHT it was real, I said I HOPED it was real. It probably isn't though.

EDIT:
personthatmadethescan said:
But I gotta admit, this is the best fake scan I've ever made. I ripped the battle background and the battle base from the video. Then I applied some night painting as wells as drew my Fennekin evolution "Fennetsune" in pixel art in the style the sprites are in X & Y. Then I just added the sprite shadow, some text and finished it off with a silver outer edge, some blurriness & grainy effects and page highlights.
Happy?

FloodBadge said:
regigigas said:

No offense but coming from me - you really need to calm down.

Flabebe's Japanese Pokedex info seems to mention that it is literally bonded with the flower. Which supports the Alraune theory.

There are some slight noticable tweaks apparently (Mainly Noivern and Flabebe. Flabebe slightly, Noivern is actually a tad bit more violent than what the english one says )

TokenDuelist said:
FloodBadge said:

Flabebe's Japanese Pokedex info seems to mention that it is literally bonded with the flower. Which supports the Alraune theory.

There are some slight noticable tweaks apparently (Mainly Noivern and Flabebe. Flabebe slightly, Noivern is actually a tad bit more violent than what the english one says )

But i was calm. Wait, Alraune? Huh?
What are you talking about? tweaks? Huh?

I'd like helioptile to evolve with a sunstone, with it's frills completely surrounding it's head making it look like a sun face. Basically, I want a more diversity among sun stone evolvers since they're all grass-type.

FloodBadge said:
TokenDuelist said:

Flabebe is the typical RPG representation for a flower girl succubus. Apparently it's lower body can merge with the flower but also be removed.

I'm talking about language differences for Pokemon. As Japan's dex info is usually much darker than the english one. In this case Noivern's competitiveness is apparently mentioned as a war-like nature instead.

TokenDuelist said:
FloodBadge said:

Flabebe is the typical RPG representation for a flower girl succubus. Apparently it's lower body can merge with the flower but also be removed.

I'm talking about language differences for Pokemon. As Japan's dex info is usually much darker than the english one. In this case Noivern's competitiveness is apparently mentioned as a war-like nature instead.

Oh, uh... Yeah. ok? I don't see how it's behavior has to do with what you originally replied to, but.. That's no big surprise, though.
As for the flower girl succubus, I don't think it's just that, as a succubus would fit so much more as a dark-type, as they technically ARE demons, after all.

FloodBadge said:
TokenDuelist said:

Oh, uh... Yeah. ok? I don't see how it's behavior has to do with what you originally replied to, but.. That's no big surprise, though.
As for the flower girl succubus, I don't think it's just that, as a succubus would fit so much more as a dark-type, as they technically ARE demons, after all.

Fairy/Dark could work. or just fairy because they fall under the fairy monster category.

Froslass is based on a Yuki-Onna (which is also a type of succubus) and it's not part dark.

A Yuki-onna is not a type of succubus. Some crappy American wikipedia editor simply said they "take on a succubus-like characteristic in some stories" because of some modern tales where a sexy woman turns out to be one after seducing a man. That doesn't have much to do with the myth of the succubus.

And you really are pulling the "alraune" thing out of literally nowhere at all. Flabebe has no more in common with Alraune than the countless other flower-loving fairies throughout popular culture. There is no reason at all to expect any kind of relation there.

Ya know this thread has turned from ideas and what-not into sudden slamming :I
I've given my ideas, and thoughts about them (with actual related support.). It seems more to me like you two are intent on some massive slamming.

So could we get back onto the topic instead of turning this into an argument thread? Like, really guys.

TokenDuelist said:
FloodBadge said:

You can tell it's not literally bonded with the flower because when it attacks it drops the flower then catches it again. Actually Alraune wasn't bonded with any flowers either. I don't think she even had anything to do with flowers. The only connection I've found through google was the mandrake root. I don't get why in Japan they literally connect her to flowers...

I really hope it's not based on Alraune, which is actually a seducing woman born from a mandrake and a prostitute, and if it evolves I hope it stays pure fairy, and doesn't get too much larger.

Flabébé is probably their fancy pants Pokémon, like Castform and Kecleon. A novelty Pokémon with mediocre stats.

Some new info: Chespin learns woodhammer and Fennekin learns psychic.

With that said, it seems chespin might get a tree based evo down the line. He does seem to be based partially off of a chestnut.

Fennekin learning psychic isn't proof enough for fire/ psychic (Magmortar anyone?), but it's a good indicator.

Froakie just learns bounce and that's to be expected from a frog.

Sky Pillar said:
Some new info: Chespin learns woodhammer and Fennekin learns psychic.

With that said, it seems chespin might get a tree based evo down the line. He does seem to be based partially off of a chestnut.

Fennekin learning psychic isn't proof enough for fire/ psychic (Magmortar anyone?), but it's a good indicator.

Froakie just learns bounce and that's to be expected from a frog.

There's more move news with the Pokemon as well (bolded ones are interesting)
Fennekin -Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Howl, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Psychic
Chespin - Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, Rollout, Wood Hammer, Leech Seed, SolarBeam
King Gorgeous - Pound, Growl, Bubble, Quick Attack, Hydro Pump, Bounce (nothing completely out there)
Gogoat - Horn Leech, Double Edge, Rock Slide (nothing completely unexpected)
Helioptile - Parabolic Charge, Rock Slide
Litleo - Flamethrower (not unexpected)
Noivern - Boomburst, Dragon Pulse (nothing we wouldn't have expected, makes me think Noiv is gonna be a special attacker)
Spewpa - Protect, String Shot (was pretty likely we'd see it with these 2 before, considering it is the pupa stage of the regional bug, and String Shot is usually seen on the regional bug anyways)
Talonflame - Flame Charge, Brave Bird (we already knew both of these)

bolded ones:
Fennekin's Psychic: since this is the first (iirc) basic starter which learns Psychic (or any other high-powered move not of it's element), this gives a pretty good indicator that Fennekin will indeed become Fire/Psychic, or the evos design will at least have a mystical theme

Chespin's Rollout and Wood Hammer: Since Chespin doesn't exactly look the type to use those 2 moves (most Rollout users have a rounded body, and Chespin doesn't), this could give an indicator that it's evolution will have a larger body that it can roll around on. Wood Hammer could be an indicator that it's final evo will feature a tree in its design, possibly having a tree on its back as armor or something.

Helioptile's Rock Slide: This one's really interesting. I'd never have clocked that the little Electric lizard could be able to use that move. However it unfortunately doesn't give us any insight as to what it's evolution could be, since Rock Slide can be used by so many different mons. It could be utilised by an Electric/Dragon just as well as an Electric/Steel.
This wasn't more for evolution deducing purposes, more for the fact that it wasn't really an expected move for Helioptile.

Back