XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

P.DelSlayer said:
Sky Pillar said:
Some new info: Chespin learns woodhammer and Fennekin learns psychic.

With that said, it seems chespin might get a tree based evo down the line. He does seem to be based partially off of a chestnut.

Fennekin learning psychic isn't proof enough for fire/ psychic (Magmortar anyone?), but it's a good indicator.

Froakie just learns bounce and that's to be expected from a frog.

Chespin's Rollout and Wood Hammer: Since Chespin doesn't exactly look the type to use those 2 moves (most Rollout users have a rounded body, and Chespin doesn't), this could give an indicator that it's evolution will have a larger body that it can roll around on. Wood Hammer could be an indicator that it's final evo will feature a tree in its design, possibly having a tree on its back as armor or something.

Helioptile's Rock Slide: This one's really interesting. I'd never have clocked that the little Electric lizard could be able to use that move. However it unfortunately doesn't give us any insight as to what it's evolution could be, since Rock Slide can be used by so many different mons. It could be utilised by an Electric/Dragon just as well as an Electric/Steel.
This wasn't more for evolution deducing purposes, more for the fact that it wasn't really an expected move for Helioptile.

Chespin is based on a hedgehog too. So Rollout makes sense for it. As for Wood Hammer I'd imagine it's back spines grow larger, meaning it probably slams ontop of it's opponents to use Wood Hammer. Tree Armor sounds really cool though.

I like the idea of Helioptile being Electric/Dragon since it'd be nice to have a non-legenary one, to top this off - It's a frilled lizard so Electric/Dragon makes sense owo

For the newly revealed Pokemon:
Shushupu- evolves into some sort of creepy-cute plague doctor as a final evolution. Dark/Fairy or Poison/Fairy
Peropuff-I think that it will turn into some sort of cute poodle-like thing, and stays pure Fairy the whole time.
I really hope that you will be able to trade Peropuff for Shushupu in X version and Shushupu for Peropuff in Y.

I also want to revise my guess for Fennikin's evolution
Fennikin- Evolves into an extraterrstial, yet still fox-like creature, based on some myths that link foxes to space. Fire/Psychic

CyberCat5555 said:
Shushupu- evolves into some sort of creepy-cute plague doctor as a final evolution. Dark/Fairy or Poison/Fairy

Why does everyone thinks shushupu wil evolve into poison or dark? It's the perfume pokemon, inspired in a renaissance doctor, for crying out loud! it's a fairy type (which beats poison->sickness), with the ability healer! I don't know what kind of creepy-ass doctors you guys go to, but doctors (even the renaissance ones) are supposed to help you get better, as exemplified by all the bolded stuff up there. The plague is not a direct influence in the design, just incidental,
Okay, that got out of hand. I'll cut with the bolding now.
But, seriously, what are you guys expecting? some sort of fairy-bird-plague doctor-kevorkian thing?

professorlight said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Why does everyone thinks shushupu wil evolve into poison or dark? It's the perfume pokemon, inspired in a renaissance doctor, for crying out loud! it's a fairy type (which beats poison->sickness), with the ability healer! I don't know what kind of creepy-ass doctors you guys go to, but doctors (even the renaissance ones) are supposed to help you get better, as exemplified by all the bolded stuff up there. The plague is not a direct influence in the design, just incidental,
Okay, that got out of hand. I'll cut with the bolding now.
But, seriously, what are you guys expecting? some sort of fairy-bird-plague doctor-kevorkian thing?

Shuhupu has been seen to evolve into almost every Medic i see on TF2 now.

professorlight said:

That's my guess because the version-exclusives for Y shown so far seem to be darker and more sinister than those shown for X. It's a sort of weak premise since we've only gotten three exclusives for both, but Pokemon doesn't tend to use trends or themes by accident.

Plague doctors were meant to help, but it seems they often did more harm than good, using practices like bloodletting and frogs o_O They were also often quarantined because they were around the diseased so often that they became potential spreaders of it. I can see Shushupu's evolution becoming Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Poison to reflect this: It believes it's helping, but it's really causing destruction.

new Pokemon, new ideas:
Shushupu
-becomes a Fairy/Dark plague doctor, it could be in its personality that it becomes corrupted by an illness that it can't cure itself from, and in revenge it never heals a Pokemon again, and if the Pokemon is ill, it would only make their condition worse.
-Fairy/Poison plague spreader - like Frezgle said, plague doctors did more harm than good; it could have an exclusive move that is something along the lines of 'Bad Healing - the Pokemon tries to heal the HP of the opponent, but it goes wrong and the opponent ends up badly poisoned'. Something like that
what could be really interesting is if it had a split evolution, one Fairy/Dark and the other Fairy/Psychic. (this way they kinda have balance over each other, not required but still nice nonetheless) The Fairy/Dark would be like the one I mentioned above, but the Fairy/Psychic would be a proper doctor or something

Peropuff
-it could become a pure Fairy poodle
-could just become a bigger puff with arms and legs coming out of it
I think this is most likely gonna stay pure Fairy

Honedge
-I have a feeling that this guy is gonna be standalone
-however there could be a Steel/Ghost shield counterpart

I'm not sure that there will be that much of a big theme between the version exclusives. There wasn't any with Black and White unless you dug so deep the comparisons just kind of became BS. Having one would be a first and also be really cool though, so I am hoping for a subtle little life/death theme.

That being said...

Spritzee: Probably not overly dark. I like the "does more bad than good" doctor idea though, which seems like an obvious choice due to what it's based off of. Perhaps its methods of healing would be magic that usually backfires so other Pokemon would tend to stay away from it, even if it thinks it's helping? As one of the "poster" fairies of the generation along with Sylveon, Flabebe, and Swirlix I think that it would be a largely beneficial creature, or at least try to be. Fairy/Dark could still fit then, especially if its appearance looked vaguely creepy.

Swirlix: For some reason I think this Pokemon would be perfect for a sort of hyper sugar-rush Fairy/Fighting evolution. It only eats sweets, so it would make sense for its evolution to be a crazed little fluffy bugger that just runs around and hits really fast. It could turn into a sort of rabid Poodle thing, or maybe it would turn into a sort of werewolf/yeti-like creature?

People are expecting a plague doctor pokemon to take a rather dark twist because plague doctors were terrifying...and intentionally so. Back then, nobody really knew what diseases were or how they were spread, there was no medical "science" or profession, and the sick were considered filthy, pathetic wretches to be shunned. The Church, which was one with government, believed the plague to be God's wrath against the sinful.

tumblr_m7h73ndi0W1rrcof2o1_400.jpg

The outfit worn by plague doctors was meant to be frightening and symbolize death, in part to keep the sick hiding in their homes and discourage them from mingling in public with the healthy. That was always their #1 goal; many of these doctors knew that their treatments did nothing, but their job was to try and stop the disease from spreading, not actually help its victims. They were considered as good as dead, and plague doctors would work to keep them away from other people, giving them placebos and telling them they just needed to rest, until they died. They carried long poles so they could poke and prod patients from what they thought was a safe distance.

Spritzee's evolution might still be cutesy, of course, we really can't predict it. It might be flamingo-like from the looks of things, which is interesting since I've already seen one plague-doctor-flamingo fakemon long ago, by a friend of mine, and I have a flamingo plague doctor in my own monster art.

zappy80 said:
yea i think it is going to be a plague docto pokemon also. on a completely different not anyone else notice that all of eevees evolutins are special types not physical so the only other current type they could evolve eeve into based on this is DRAGON which i think if they will do it it will be this gen since in the pokedexit has one eeveelution then another that is a supereffective type right after helo wyverneon or something hopefuly a beter name

I doubt that they intentionally made the Eeveelutions special types.
gen1: Fire, Water, Electric - 3 of the most 'elemental types'
gen2: Dark & Psychic - opposites, best types then to represent sun+moon
gen4: Grass & Ice - rounds out the elements as it were.

We could just as easily see a Poison or Ground eeveelution as much as a Dragon.
(plus, one thing that points in favor of a non-dragon eeveelution - Eevee reportedly evolves by adapting to it's environment. Why would it need to become a dragon to adapt to it's environment? needs to fight? Fighting fits better. lives in a dark cave? Rock & ground say hi. Has to fly? fllyyyiiinnnggg)

plus Poison could have a dark and disturbing appearance, to counter with Sylveon's cutesy-pink-appearance.

I am pretty sure that Fletchling has a branched evolution. On the official website, it says that Talonflame is AN evolution of Fletching. Usually it will say that it is the evolved form of a certain Pokémon.

Genius715 said:
I am pretty sure that Fletchling has a branched evolution. On the official website, it says that Talonflame is AN evolution of Fletching. Usually it will say that it is the evolved form of a certain Pokémon.

whilst this is a possibility, what I'm thinking is that it's just meaning that Talonflame is the 3rd stage, and there's another bird in the lane connecting the 2
(Fletchling -> unnamed 2nd stage -> Talonflame)

P.DelSlayer said:
zappy80 said:
yea i think it is going to be a plague docto pokemon also. on a completely different not anyone else notice that all of eevees evolutins are special types not physical so the only other current type they could evolve eeve into based on this is DRAGON which i think if they will do it it will be this gen since in the pokedexit has one eeveelution then another that is a supereffective type right after helo wyverneon or something hopefuly a beter name

(plus, one thing that points in favor of a non-dragon eeveelution - Eevee reportedly evolves by adapting to it's environment. Why would it need to become a dragon to adapt to it's environment? needs to fight? Fighting fits better. lives in a dark cave? Rock & ground say hi. Has to fly? fllyyyiiinnnggg)

plus Poison could have a dark and disturbing appearance, to counter with Sylveon's cutesy-pink-appearance.

If what some info suggests is true, we would likely see a Poison-type or Dragon-type Eevee evolution (maybe both; Poison to possibly counter Sylveon, and Dragon for Sylveon to counter).

CyberCat5555 said:
Peropuff-I think that it will turn into some sort of cute poodle-like thing, and stays pure Fairy the whole time.
I want to add to that, I think that Swirlix (I keep mispelling it as Skrillex, I don't even like Skrillex) might evolve into a Fairy/Electric insane poodle-thing on a crazy sugar high, based on how much it loves sweets, and that poodles are just naturally active dogs. I would love to see that.

CyberCat5555 said:
CyberCat5555 said:
I want to add to that, I think that Swirlix (I keep mispelling it as Skrillex, I don't even like Skrillex) might evolve into a Fairy/Electric insane poodle-thing on a crazy sugar high, based on how much it loves sweets, and that poodles are just naturally active dogs. I would love to see that.

A crazy Electric cotton candy poodle? It could have statically charged fur or something like that as well.
(altho I have this awful feeling that Swirlix and Spritzee are gonna evolve once and stay pure Fairy ala Cottonee/Petilil, as nice as a hypothetical Fairy/Poison plague doctor and a Fairy/Electric crazy poodle sound)

Following in the line of Pancham's supposed evo method, perhaps Eevee could evolve into Dragon if you had five other Dragon types on your team, as if it was raised by Dragons?

Also I think Swirlix becoming a Fairy poodle is fabulous.

poodle.jpg

Spritzee becoming a Flamingo is something I can see happening too.

Litleo I think will have 2 stages of evolution or 1 evo with gender differences, depending on what it is based off of.

AtmosphericThunder said:
P.DelSlayer said:

If what some info suggests is true, we would likely see a Poison-type or Dragon-type Eevee evolution (maybe both; Poison to possibly counter Sylveon, and Dragon for Sylveon to counter).

The only options for eeveelutions left are really poison, rock, and possibly ground or dark. Dragon or ghost would just be dumb...

What if Litleo and Helioptile are counterparts or related, and evolve into a Fire/Electric and Electric/Fire type Pokémon, respectively. I would fanboy like a like I was trapped in a room full of bubblewrap!

tumblr_lwre38wzff1qd435go1_500.jpg
This looks like spritzee, but all jokes aside, what if spritzee evolved into fairy\poison if it's perfume it could turn toxic, like cheap smelling perfume :p

Ghost King said:
tumblr_lwre38wzff1qd435go1_500.jpg
this looks like spritzee, but all jokes aside, what if spritzee evolved into fairy\poison if it's perfume it could turn toxic, like cheap smelling perfume :p

I'm like 70% sure it will be a plague doctor flamingo. But i'm not sure about the typing....

Back