XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

Frezgle

Winged Death
I've seen some sporadic talk of what the revealed Pokemon might evolve into (if they evolve at all), but I figured a separate thread might be cool?
This means the starters, Helioptile, Gogoat, Pancham, and Fletchling.

The starters are obviously going to evolve, and Pancham has a rumored evolution called Pangoro. But what sort of thinks do you think they're incorporate in the design? And will Gogoat even evolve at all? Kind of hard to see it in my opinion, but you never know!

Personally, just for Helioptile as an example, I think its design will draw even more from a frilled lizard, and its head will end up looking a bit like a lamp, since we know its basic form is like a solar panel:
iaza17574336333600.jpg

(Ignore the lack of eyes and other details; just trying to get the basic idea across).

Personally Gogoat doesn't seem like the type to evolve, because he's used as a source of transportation. It would seemingly be more fit to maybe give him a pre-evo instead if at all.

With the starters it's hard to say since what happened with samurott. I mean, who could have foreseen that? So I'm just anxiously waiting to see them. It will be interesting how they make fenniken's evolution look compared to nine tails. I really want chespin to be almost sinister looking or just really badass. Instead of making froakie a lean looking fighter like infernape and most fighters, I could see him being like a wise toad sort of look. Except not looking to humanoid. It would be cool honestly if his design is inspired by traditional Japanese wave wood paintings.

I think that it'd be cool to see Helioptile grow to be a big lizard that looks more dinosaur than dragon.

My only hope for Pancham is that he resembles nothing close to Kung fu panda... As long as its completely different and in no way relatable other than panda + fighting, we' ll be good.

Finally fletchling would look cool with a more majestic look. It's so plain right now, I'm hoping that as it evolves its appearance grows character and of course becomes fire/flying.

Several ideas for each Pokemon

Fletchling:
-I can see it's red head having a more flame-y feel to it and having flame-like accents on its wings, tail and overall body, becoming a Fire/Flying
-It could be a Normal/Flying type that has a firey feel (like Noctowl being Psychic) and learns several Fire moves
-I can see the arrow motif becoming more predominant in its evolutions, with the last evolution having a long, pointed beak, and the fletching tail being more pronounced. It could learn several speed based attacks, such as Extremespeed, Agility etc

Gogoat:
-I can see it having a smaller pre-evolution (we have seen that picture of its supposed pre-evo in Lumiose City)
-I have a gut feeling it won't evolve again, only because it already looks mature as a Pokemon, and I can't see more being implemented in its design that wouldn't just make it a larger goat (unless it becomes minibus goat)

Pancham:
-I can see it's evo being a larger, much meaner panda. (Fighting/Dark) maybe having a twig in its mouth.
-I'm pretty sure it won't have a pre-evo, considering it already looks like a basic, unless they have a panda cub as a cute-becoming-mean Pokemon

Helioptile: (SO MUCH POTENTIAL)
-Becomes an Electric/Dragon and looks like one of those frilled dinosaurs, and continues with the sun motif
-Becomes an Electric/Steel and has a generator in its design
-Becomes an Electric/Fire and has solar panels incorporated into its design

Fennekin:
-Fire/Psychic and looking very mystic, with flowing fur looking similar to a cloak
-Fire/Ground to go with the fennec foxes living underground
-Fire/Flying, with fur wings (I'd assume GF could do this if we hadn't got WPM's leak saying it would be Fire/Psychic)
-As nice as these ideas are, we all know GF will make it bidepal and give it boxing gloves and find an obscure reason as to why it should be Fire/Fighting

Froakie:
-Water/Fighting, with its evolutions becoming taller and slimmer and having a fighter motif
-Water/Dark, with its bubble back becoming something like a burglars sack
-Water/Electric (my personal want), with its bubbles becoming a thundercloud

Chespin:
-Grass/Fighting, with large claws and chestnut armor
-Grass/Steel, covered in chestnut armor and blade-like things
-Grass/Ground, with something akin to Torterra

Fletchling: Normal/Flying. its design is really good and it would ruin the simplicity if it becomes Fire/Flying. Or Dark/Flying because relentlessI agree with P.del that the arrow part will become more noticeable later (like having a big beak).

Pancham: He will become an evil fighting Panda.

Helioptile: I like the frill lizard thing. Probably Electric/Dragon would be cool. The electric generator is also cool but the frill neck lizard is more probable IMO. I see the reasoning behind Electric/Fire but I believe it has something more to do with the weather sunlight (like Chlorophyll users are generally Grass types).

Gogoat: It won't evolve nor have a pre-evo.

I can't imagine how will the starter evos will be.

P.DelSlayer said:
Several ideas for each Pokemon

Fletchling:
-I can see it's red head having a more flame-y feel to it and having flame-like accents on its wings, tail and overall body, becoming a Fire/Flying
-It could be a Normal/Flying type that has a firey feel (like Noctowl being Psychic) and learns several Fire moves
-I can see the arrow motif becoming more predominant in its evolutions, with the last evolution having a long, pointed beak, and the fletching tail being more pronounced. It could learn several speed based attacks, such as Extremespeed, Agility etc

Gogoat:
-I can see it having a smaller pre-evolution (we have seen that picture of its supposed pre-evo in Lumiose City)
-I have a gut feeling it won't evolve again, only because it already looks mature as a Pokemon, and I can't see more being implemented in its design that wouldn't just make it a larger goat (unless it becomes minibus goat)

Pancham:
-I can see it's evo being a larger, much meaner panda. (Fighting/Dark) maybe having a twig in its mouth.
-I'm pretty sure it won't have a pre-evo, considering it already looks like a basic, unless they have a panda cub as a cute-becoming-mean Pokemon

-Becomes an Electric/Dragon and looks like one of those frilled dinosaurs, and continues with the sun motif
-Becomes an Electric/Steel and has a generator in its design
-Becomes an Electric/Fire and has solar panels incorporated into its design

Fennekin:
-Fire/Psychic and looking very mystic, with flowing fur looking similar to a cloak
-Fire/Ground to go with the fennec foxes living underground
-Fire/Flying, with fur wings (I'd assume GF could do this if we hadn't got WPM's leak saying it would be Fire/Psychic)
-As nice as these ideas are, we all know GF will make it bidepal and give it boxing gloves and find an obscure reason as to why it should be Fire/Fighting

Froakie:
-Water/Fighting, with its evolutions becoming taller and slimmer and having a fighter motif
-Water/Dark, with its bubble back becoming something like a burglars sack
-Water/Electric (my personal want), with its bubbles becoming a thundercloud

Chespin:
-Grass/Fighting, with large claws and chestnut armor
-Grass/Steel, covered in chestnut armor and blade-like things
-Grass/Ground, with something akin to Torterra

I think it would be logical that Helioptile's Normal-typing will change, preferably into Dragon. I really hope Fletchling evolves into a Fire/Flying, but GF is probably just trolling us with the Flame Charge.

Fletchling:
I get a feeling it might evolve into a majestic, phoenixlike bird, due to fire-type moves. I'm not sure which type should be final; Normal/Flying, Flying, or Fire/Flying?

Panchum:
Definitely evolves into a large panda with a bamboo stick as a weapon. I can "C" it. Dark/Fighting, by the way.

Gogoat:
I don't think it would evolve because of two reasons; Gogoat is a pretty big pokemon like a final stage and it (I believe) has a pre-evolution due to an offically picture somewhere on this website.

Helioptile:
Helioptile have a lot of potential. It could evolves into a electric dragon, or lizard, or dinosaur or even perhaps all of it. Personally, for me, I can see the final evolution based on an electric dinosaur, to be specific; Dilophosaurus. That dinosaur just screams Helioptile to me. As for its typing; it could be Electric/Normal (I'd vote this one), Electric, or Electric/Dragon (Seems unlikely).

I have no clue on the starters. We really don't see much of it lately.

P.DelSlayer said:
Gogoat:

-Becomes an Electric/Dragon and looks like one of those frilled dinosaurs

Do you mean this picture?
malelumiose2.jpg

Also, that dinosaur is Dilophosaurus, which spits venomous acids into the eyes of it's prey to blind them and poison them for an easy kill.

AdamLambert said:
I think it would be logical that Helioptile's Normal-typing will change, preferably into Dragon.

Nothing is logical about that. We haven't had such a case before. (Not someones secondary Normal type being repalced by something, but even being one in the first place.)

FloodBadge said:
also, that dinosaur is Dilophosaurus, which spits venomous acids into the eyes of it's prey to blind them and poison them for an easy kill.

...You do know Jurassic Park basically made that up out of nowhere and it has no basis in actual evidence, right? o_O

Mitja said:
AdamLambert said:
I think it would be logical that Helioptile's Normal-typing will change, preferably into Dragon.

Nothing is logical about that. We haven't had such a case before. (Not someones secondary Normal type being repalced by something, but even being one in the first place.)

If you mean that thee has never been a Normal type being replaced by Dragon or some other type, Swablu -----> Altaria. If you mean that there has never been a secondary Normal type, you don't know what could it mean so a type change (being Normal secondary into Dragon) is as new as it staying the same.

And there is always a first type for everything.

frezgle said:
FloodBadge said:
also, that dinosaur is Dilophosaurus, which spits venomous acids into the eyes of it's prey to blind them and poison them for an easy kill.

...You do know Jurassic Park basically made that up out of nowhere and it has no basis in actual evidence, right? o_O

Then... why does my dino book from just a few years ago say it can?
I mean, the book even tells me not to trust Jurassic Park movies as fact...

frezgle said:
FloodBadge said:

Based on evidence or not, a potential Electric/Poison type would be pretty cool.

Gogoat- I doubt it'll evolve

Helioptile- Maybe an Electric/Poison or Electric/Dark frilled lizard/dinosaurthingwhosenameidontknow with solar panels forming the frill

Fletchling- I'd love to see it be some relentless arrow themed relentless Fire/Flying phoenix/hawk/falcon/robin/some other real relentless bird that's relentless.

Pancham- obviously some martial arts Panda. I'm not really impressed and I don't expect much from it.

Chespin- so many possibilites. I think it's most likely Grass/Dark, but there's so much that can be done with that. Maybe some assassin with plant robes? I could see Grass/Steel with thorny armor or something like Grass/Ground or Grass/Fighting happening, too.

Fennekin- I'm hoping for some sort of Fire/Psychic kitsune/amaterasu/kyubeimon thing. A bipedal Fire/Ground type would be okay. A Fire/Fighting type wouldn't

Froakie- I really want some sort of badass sumo/samurai Water/Fighting thing with foam for a beard. A Water/Electric type with the foam now turned into thunderclouds would be pretty cool, too.
P.DelSlayer said:
(we have seen that picture of its supposed pre-evo in Lumiose City)
I thought that was supposed to be the female forme.

Pokequaza said:
don()shinobi said:
Sexual dimorphism isn't THAT prevalent in goats...

Neither is it in jellyfish..

Spr_5b_593_m.png
Spr_5b_593_f.png

Do jellyfish even have sexes? ._.

Anyway, I think I want Fennekin to evolve into something less... foxy, and into more of a rougher canid, perhaps a jackal:
iaza14573960093000.jpg

Still maintains the large ears and desert habitat, but is something that hasn't been quite done to death like foxes have.

frezgle said:
Pokequaza said:
Neither is it in jellyfish..

Spr_5b_593_m.png
Spr_5b_593_f.png

Do jellyfish even have sexes? ._.

Yes, the adults reproduce sexually (although the polyps reproduce asexually, by effectively cloning themselves). Some jellyfish can change their sex during their lifetime, but the vast majority have fixed genders.

i'd like to see these evolutions:
Chespin into a Weasel-Hedgehog and then a Ferret-Porcupine.
Fennekin into a Jackal and then a Coyote or something
Froakie into a Frog again and then a Frog for one more time
Fletchling into a sleek, small, arrow bird with bow-shaped wings (like, when it's flying, it resembles a bow and arrow), and then the final evolution would have a longer neck and more pronounced archer theme.

New ideas for new Pokemon!

Clauncher:
-Water/Fire with the claw becoming a flamethrower
-Gets bigger but stays pure Water

Skrelp:
-I can see it being a squidlike creature
-Just gets bigger when it evolves

Shishiko:
-Fire type lion
-Fire/Poison manticore

Furabebe:
-Can see it being a Fairy/Grass type, with the flower becoming part of its body