XY Evolution ideas for what we've seen so far?

Ohman177 said:
Ghost King said:
tumblr_lwre38wzff1qd435go1_500.jpg
this looks like spritzee, but all jokes aside, what if spritzee evolved into fairy\poison if it's perfume it could turn toxic, like cheap smelling perfume :p

I'm like 70% sure it will be a plague doctor flamingo. But i'm not sure about the typing....

ooooooh, a combination of the two now that would be awesome, I just want it because it looks like ronjuro otiribashi from bleach, but if it's a witch doctor still hope fairy\poison

:D
P.DelSlayer said:
zappy80 said:
yea i think it is going to be a plague docto pokemon also. on a completely different not anyone else notice that all of eevees evolutins are special types not physical so the only other current type they could evolve eeve into based on this is DRAGON which i think if they will do it it will be this gen since in the pokedexit has one eeveelution then another that is a supereffective type right after helo wyverneon or something hopefuly a beter name

I doubt that they intentionally made the Eeveelutions special types.
gen1: Fire, Water, Electric - 3 of the most 'elemental types'
gen2: Dark & Psychic - opposites, best types then to represent sun+moon
gen4: Grass & Ice - rounds out the elements as it were.

We could just as easily see a Poison or Ground eeveelution as much as a Dragon.
(plus, one thing that points in favor of a non-dragon eeveelution - Eevee reportedly evolves by adapting to it's environment. Why would it need to become a dragon to adapt to it's environment? needs to fight? Fighting fits better. lives in a dark cave? Rock & ground say hi. Has to fly? fllyyyiiinnnggg)

plus Poison could have a dark and disturbing appearance, to counter with Sylveon's cutesy-pink-appearance.

Good points I would rather them finish with the special types first tho then the others.

zappy80 said:
:D
P.DelSlayer said:
I doubt that they intentionally made the Eeveelutions special types.
gen1: Fire, Water, Electric - 3 of the most 'elemental types'
gen2: Dark & Psychic - opposites, best types then to represent sun+moon
gen4: Grass & Ice - rounds out the elements as it were.

We could just as easily see a Poison or Ground eeveelution as much as a Dragon.
(plus, one thing that points in favor of a non-dragon eeveelution - Eevee reportedly evolves by adapting to it's environment. Why would it need to become a dragon to adapt to it's environment? needs to fight? Fighting fits better. lives in a dark cave? Rock & ground say hi. Has to fly? fllyyyiiinnnggg)

plus Poison could have a dark and disturbing appearance, to counter with Sylveon's cutesy-pink-appearance.

good points i would rather them finish with the special types first tho then the others

As I said earlier

-Fairy isn't either because the concept was abandoned for good reasons (ALL types have physical and special aspects)
-Dark would have been physical if it was introduced with a type that wasn't the more obvious choice (Steel)
-its unreasonable to assume that gamefreak picked eeveelution types based on which are special instead of ones they find appropriate for the concept

Jakeremix said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
If what some info suggests is true, we would likely see a Poison-type or Dragon-type Eevee evolution (maybe both; Poison to possibly counter Sylveon, and Dragon for Sylveon to counter).

The only options for eeveelutions left are really poison, rock, and possibly ground or dark. Dragon or ghost would just be dumb...

197Umbreon.png

but seriously, the logical ones are Flying, Poison, Ground/Rock, and maybe Steel.
What I'd also want when they've 'finished' making Eeveelutions is to have a Normal one, the natural evolution of Eevee, to round them out.
Ghost - I can see, but I don't see GF making the cute little Eevee a ghost anytime soon
Fighting - very maybe. I don't know how they'd handle it though.
Bug - mammal becoming insectoid? Yea thought so.

P.DelSlayer said:
but seriously, the logical ones are Flying, Poison, Ground/Rock, and maybe Steel.
What I'd also want when they've 'finished' making Eeveelutions is to have a Normal one, the natural evolution of Eevee, to round them out.
Ghost - I can see, but I don't see GF making the cute little Eevee a ghost anytime soon

Normal= big eevee
Ghost= old yeller, nuff' said (maybe eevee could only evolve nto this when it catches pokerus, and then you use some item in it)
Ffighting= see: michael vick
Bug= cordyceps anyone?
Flying= a flying fox? that might be weird.
Poison= that might be plausible, I always saw poison as a mixed physical/special blend, not so clear cut like other types, same with dark.
Steel= some kind of Wolverine eevee? that's ridic... no, wait... that's freakin' awesome.
Ground/rock= sorry, can't see that happening.
Dragon= that, too, can't see it, sorry.

professorlight said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Normal= big eevee
Ghost= old yeller, nuff' said (maybe eevee could only evolve nto this when it catches pokerus, and then you use some item in it)
Bug= cordyceps anyone?
Poison= that might be plausible, I always saw poison as a mixed physical/special blend, not so clear cut like other types, same with dark.
Steel= some kind of Wolverine eevee? that's ridic... no, wait... that's freakin' awesome.

I can see them all happening. >=)
tumblr_megt1hGypC1rw7u8ro1_500.png

Eevee has unstable DNA. Its makeup can change drastically. They made Eevee part fish, why not part bird, part dragon, part bug, etc?

Lex said:
professorlight said:
Normal= big eevee
Bug= cordyceps anyone?

Eevee has unstable DNA. Its makeup can change drastically. They made Eevee part fish, why not part bird, part dragon, part bug, etc?

GAH!

What the hell is that?!!!!!
keepitawaykeepitawaykeepitawayfromme!

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't mean they wouldn't have reason to happen from an in-universe standpoint (as you said, eevee has unstable dna, therefore can adapt to anything, even death, possibly. boo).
I meant from a design/marketing standpoint. OUR world's perspective. That... thing you put up there resembles eevee, but eevee (and its evos) are the go-to pokemon when nintendo wants to market stuff, being plushies, figures, a short movie, etc. the demographic is almost absolute: boys like it, girls like it, men like it, women like it, even old people (probably) like it... boom. instant full set of potential buyers; that's like the holy grail for ad people.
Eevee and its evos are the perfect mix of cute, badass, cool, sweet and many other adjectives, all at the same time, look at umbreon, then look at the rest of dark types, they don't resemble much (hell, you can see that even in it's learnset) they tweaked the usual recipe for a dark type and turn it into something equal parts cute/badass. They can do it for the other types, but would they?
The types that are left are not so much what's physical or special, but what has the potential for cuteness, if you look at that list, most of those are the "rough" types, a dragon, the rock, ground, poison, bug, fighting, steel, you don't see so many (at the target/little kids eyes) cute pokemon in those types, they are predominantely burly, rough, badass looking, hard, creepy, and more (again, target's point of view, not mine).
Most little kids wouldn't go to bed with an eevelution plushie that looks like it came out of a horror movie.

I personally don't like eevee and most eevelutions, but I love glaceon for its class, grace and because I love the ice type, jolteon because it is badass looking, and umbreon because it is.. I don't know... cool? and all because they are cute.

And vaporeon is more part water (the substance) than part fish, I think.

professorlight said:
Lex said:

GAH!

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't mean they wouldn't have reason to happen from an in-universe standpoint (as you said, eevee has unstable dna, therefore can adapt to anything, even death, possibly. boo).
I meant from a design/marketing standpoint. OUR world's perspective. That... thing you put up there resembles eevee, but eevee (and its evos) are the go-to pokemon when nintendo wants to market stuff, being plushies, figures, a short movie, etc. the demographic is almost absolute: boys like it, girls like it, men like it, women like it, even old people (probably) like it... boom. instant full set of potential buyers; that's like the holy grail for ad people.
Eevee and its evos are the perfect mix of cute, badass, cool, sweet and many other adjectives, all at the same time, look at umbreon, then look at the rest of dark types, they don't resemble much (hell, you can see that even in it's learnset) they tweaked the usual recipe for a dark type and turn it into something equal parts cute/badass. They can do it for the other types, but would they?
The types that are left are not so much what's physical or special, but what has the potential for cuteness, if you look at that list, most of those are the "rough" types, a dragon, the rock, ground, poison, bug, fighting, steel, you don't see so many (at the target/little kids eyes) cute pokemon in those types, they are predominantely burly, rough, badass looking, hard, creepy, and more (again, target's point of view, not mine).
Most little kids wouldn't go to bed with an eevelution plushie that looks like it came out of a horror movie.

I personally don't like eevee and most eevelutions, but I love glaceon for its class, grace and because I love the ice type, jolteon because it is badass looking, and umbreon because it is.. I don't know... cool? and all because they are cute.

I'm getting a strong Misty vibe from you.

professorlight said:
Lex said:

GAH!

XDD

That is true. Hmmm
So Bug: an Eevee based off of a Butterfly, Ladybug, Bumblebee (this sounds adorable!), or Dragonfly?
Rock: Maybe something with gemstones/crystals?
Ghost: A Cheshire cat?
Fighting: The first bipedal evo?
Flying: Winged, angelic looking evo? Or something with clouds?
Dragon: Doesn't have to look like a traditional dragon (like Altaria, Latios, etc.) So the possibilities are endless.
Poison: Could have spikes on it or a pretty pattern reminiscent of a poisonous frog?
Ground: Design based on swirling sand?
Steel: Something with a crown like Empoleon? Though Steel is a lot like Dragon in that it can look like anything thanks to Jirachi, Mawhile, etc.

Did I miss any?

Lex said:
professorlight said:
Normal= big eevee
Bug= cordyceps anyone?

Oh dear Lord.
That has got to be the scariest thing I have ever seen.

Lex said:
XDD

That is true. Hmmm
So Bug: an Eevee based off of a Butterfly, Ladybug, Bumblebee (this sounds adorable!), or Dragonfly?
Dragon: Doesn't have to look like a traditional dragon (like Altaria, Latios, etc.) So the possibilities are endless.
Poison: Could have spikes on it or a pretty pattern reminiscent of a poisonous frog?
Steel: Something with a crown like Empoleon? Though Steel is a lot like Dragon in that it can look like anything thanks to Jirachi, Mawhile, etc.

Did I miss any?

Bug: the butterfly idea could be, I can't really picture eevee with wings, honestly (or many legs, or many eyes, or things coming out of it).
Rock: a gemstones eevee would be great! love the concept.
Ghost: not a clue, but I stand by the "old yeller" method of evolution.
Fighting= it doesn't need to be bipedal (the muskeedeers) maybe a police dog?
Flying= the clouds idea would seem fitting for eevee, the concept was already used with altaria, but could be possible, like a cloud eevee that levitates (the angel concept is togetic, and by all accounts, screams fairy)
Dragon: altaria and latios are exceptions, their inspirations have nothing to do with dragons (flygon too). They could be a lot of types which would make as much sense as dragon, so...
poison: I don't know about this one. There's nothing remotely cute about poison, in any way, even those pretty colorful patterns are a warning of inminent death, maybe bogleech can give us some insights in this. *shrugs*
Ground: maybe a coyote? I would say fennec fox, but that one's taken.
Steel: but what's the point to mawile and jirachi's steel type? those two are the only example of cute steel types (I'm, of course, assuming that having a third eye in your belly and an extra, gaping maw in your forehead are cute) the rest are either inanimate (magnemite, klink, bronzor, forretress), rough (aggron, skarmory, metagross, durant, steelix) or badass (aggron again, genesect, ferrothorn, scizor, heatran). I hear people say jirachi is steel because comet=meteor, and metals in it. Well, a comet's trail is made of ice, so that's as good an argument, and a prettier one at that.
Everyone! 6th gen jirachi retyping: Fairy/Ice! we can make this happen! woooo!

professorlight said:
I hear people say jirachi is steel because comet=meteor, and metals in it. Well, a comet's trail is made of ice, so that's as good an argument, and a prettier one at that.

I'm pretty sure he's based off of a shooting star(meteor), hence the wish he gives when he opens his eye. There are two main types: shooting stars from asteroids and those from comets. If he was based off of the comet, he would most likely be ice. But he isn't. The reason being because he is based off of the asteroid type of shooting star which are mainly composed of metals like metallic iron-nickel. So steel makes complete sense and IDK why people say it doesn't.

I don't see why they'd never, ever do an "un-cute" eevee (though that particular bug-eevee fakemon still looks as cutesy to me as they usually are)...it's not like the presence of one would hurt the marketing of the rest.

Bogleech said:
I don't see why they'd never, ever do an "un-cute" eevee (though that particular bug-eevee fakemon still looks as cutesy to me as they usually are)...it's not like the presence of one would hurt the marketing of the rest.

This.

It could be the result of an Eevee consuming toxic sludge or something. (it's not unthinkable) Eevee's genes would then drastically change at a dangerously fast level so the sludge wouldn't cause any major damage. The combined gene-high-speed-change and sludge would cause Eevee to evolve. However, the physical adaptions for dealing with the toxic would cause it's appearance to be shockingly disturbing (as far as Eeveelution standards go anyway).
It'd even be known as 'the Eeveelution that wasn't supposed to happen' or something. (ingame it could evolve after fainting from Poison damage - that's totally new and fits with the backstory)

edit: something like
Noxieon_The_Poison_Eeveelution_by_Fox_warrior128.jpg
would be so ace
I'd love something like this to compliment Sylveon, a disturbing mutated Poison Eevee, to contrast Sylveon's overly pink cutesy appearance.

Poison is also like the 1 type I can see becoming the 'disturbing' Eevee.

professorlight said:
Lex said:
XDD

That is true. Hmmm

Did I miss any?

Bug: the butterfly idea could be, I can't really picture eevee with wings, honestly (or many legs, or many eyes, or things coming out of it).
Rock: a gemstones eevee would be great! love the concept.
Ghost: not a clue, but I stand by the "old yeller" method of evolution.
Fighting= it doesn't need to be bipedal (the muskeedeers) maybe a police dog?
Flying= the clouds idea would seem fitting for eevee, the concept was already used with altaria, but could be possible, like a cloud eevee that levitates (the angel concept is togetic, and by all accounts, screams fairy)
Dragon: altaria and latios are exceptions, their inspirations have nothing to do with dragons (flygon too). They could be a lot of types which would make as much sense as dragon, so...
poison: I don't know about this one. There's nothing remotely cute about poison, in any way, even those pretty colorful patterns are a warning of inminent death, maybe bogleech can give us some insights in this. *shrugs*
Ground: maybe a coyote? I would say fennec fox, but that one's taken.
Steel: but what's the point to mawile and jirachi's steel type? those two are the only example of cute steel types (I'm, of course, assuming that having a third eye in your belly and an extra, gaping maw in your forehead are cute) the rest are either inanimate (magnemite, klink, bronzor, forretress), rough (aggron, skarmory, metagross, durant, steelix) or badass (aggron again, genesect, ferrothorn, scizor, heatran). I hear people say jirachi is steel because comet=meteor, and metals in it. Well, a comet's trail is made of ice, so that's as good an argument, and a prettier one at that.

Personally i liked the bug fakemon. His poison was a good idea. Also look at dragonites line it is freaking adorable. Plus a steel eveelution could be sleek with small spikes and really pretty.

GameFreak should seriously just make a Fairy type Eeveeloution. It's the new type, why not make an eeveeloution with it, right?

I'm just kidding.

Like I said in another thread... All new eevee evo. Second pair is strong against the first
• espeon is weak against umbreon
•leafeon is weak against Glaceon
•so syleveon is fairy, that most likely means poison eevee or steel eevee( if rumors are true)

Ghost King said:
Like I said in another thread... All new eevee evo. Second pair is strong against the first
•so syleveon is fairy, that most likely means poison eevee or steel eevee( if rumors are true)

That is a good point, but I'm actually starting to wonder if the one-strong-against-the-other thing was merely a coincidence... In a sense.
Since Psychic was the best choice to represent the sun, Umbreon (who's Dark type was easily the best choice for the moon), would naturally have the advantage.
With Leaf+Glaceon, these 2 seemed to be rounding out the more elemental types. It was merely a coincidence that there hadn't been a Grass or Ice Eevee yet.

So we could actually see any type to go with Sylveon (altho I would love a disturbingly-appearanced Poison Eevee to contrast Sylvie's overly cute pink appearance).

P.DelSlayer said:
Ghost King said:

That is a good point, but I'm actually starting to wonder if the one-strong-against-the-other thing was merely a coincidence... In a sense.
Since Psychic was the best choice to represent the sun, Umbreon (who's Dark type was easily the best choice for the moon), would naturally have the advantage.
With Leaf+Glaceon, these 2 seemed to be rounding out the more elemental types. It was merely a coincidence that there hadn't been a Grass or Ice Eevee yet.

So we could actually see any type to go with Sylveon (altho I would love a disturbingly-appearanced Poison Eevee to contrast Sylvie's overly cute pink appearance).

Actually, I believe that Leafeon and Glaceon were representing Winter vs Summer.

DrEspeon said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Actually, I believe that Leafeon and Glaceon were representing Winter vs Summer.

That actually makes sense, since both Leaf+Glace's abilities (normal and hidden) relate to Sunny/Hail weather.
It's a nice thing, but at the same time, whilst representing those seasons, it also rounded out the elements. (it's actually worth considering that GF may have been keeping those 2 to have that summer/winter connection)

Back