'CoroCoro' and 'Shonen Sunday' Leaks Reveal New Mega Pokémon and Downloadable Demo for OR/AS [9/9]

Windwhip

Aspiring Trainer
The more I looked at Mega Sharpedo, it reminds me of an anchor. I wonder if it is based on an anchor?

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Bolt the Cat said:
Pretty predictable reveals. We all saw Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo coming, and it was only a matter of time before they showed off Primal Groudon/Kyogre's moves and abilities. I am happy to see Wally and Mega Gallade though, that was something that needed to happen.

Yeah, it was kind of predictable stuff.

Gallade is only fair with Gardevoir getting one. This batch is just kind of ok for me but Mega Camerupt looks the coolest for me. I already liked Camerupt before a lot but yeah.

dmaster out.

KiKi

Team Harmony
I can't say I didn't see these three Megas coming.
Because I did.
My first thought about P Groudon and P Kyogre's abilities was that they caused damage like Hail and Sandstorm.

Also, this may be it for this month, but just remember they always have a HUGE reveal, the month before the games come out, so expect a lot in October!

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
I'm so happy for these three. I still feel that Mega Gallade should have been one of the original Megas, but oh well. I'm just glad to see Wally again.

I've always wanted to use a Camerupt, but something always got in the way. I mean, it's so CUTE~ Its a happy volcano roomba camel now, instead of a perpetually sad volcano camel (one of my friends HATES it, but how could you hate something that adorable?!) My only concern is the blurb about its already low speed being lowered even more; if that's true, it's going to be slower than molasses in an igloo. Hopefully it'll get some BIG boosts to defense and/or HP to compensate.

I agree that Mega Sharpedo looks more like an anchor now; maybe that means that its defenses will be boosted significantly. Here's hoping that he isn't just a larger, meaner glass cannon. And although Strong Jaw is an EXCELLENT ability for him, I do hope they'll allow some of the other fang moves to be bred over (especially Poison Fang).

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Kitana Coldfire said:
My only concern is the blurb about its already low speed being lowered even more; if that's true, it's going to be slower than molasses in an igloo. Hopefully it'll get some BIG boosts to defense and/or HP to compensate.
You should be happy it will get slower. It's already so slow it doesn't outspeed anything. It means that it will be faster in Trick Room and it will get bigger boosts because it loses in a stat.

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer
So many of the Mega Pokemon revealed are ones that I was going to use in-game. If I do that now, I will have a different one Mega Evolving through each stage of the Elite 4...

I actually love these designs. I find Gallade's to be most appealing. Every time I played Platinum, I would always use it on my team. As for Camerupt, I love its design and the "M" on its forehead. The retractable parts one Mega Sharpedo make me think that it will attack with its sword, and then pierce with the prongs.

I hope that Gallade gets a change in typing from psychic/fighting to fairy/fighting. Then we could have Oberon and Titania (the fairy king and queen) with him and Gardevoir.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Too many Mega Evolutions that look cool that I'd be interested in using, but being only able to use one per battle makes it a challenge to decide which would be my Mega Evolution Pokemon.

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
We have now 13 new Megas and 2 new Primal forms. How many Megas/Primals can we expect more? Because in Pokemon X & Y we got 30 Megas included Latias and Latios. I hope this time we get also 30 Megas or more! :D

My list what I predict:
14. Aarune's Flygon 15. Wallace's Milotic, 16. Sidney's Shiftry, 17. Phoebe's Dusknoir, 18. Glacia's Glalie/Walrein (Because of their main Pokémon, Drake will use Salamance because Lisia already use Altaria. And Salamance already have a Mega evolution!) Ludicolo will get one but maybe in a other game because they will give us Shiftry same thing with Mawile and Sableye. :p

Reggie McGigas

-
These were all great ideas with poor execution. Sharpedo looks like a photoshopped image of the original, and I cannot tell the difference between mega and normal gallade. Camperupt is the only one i like even though it looks like a slug.

Edit: is Wally a girl??? o_O

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
@ Reggie Edit: is Wally a girl??? o_O

Haha, no he is a boy. :p
... a young boy so maybe that's why he look like a girl. His body is not full grown yet I guess? xD

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Reggie McGigas said:
These were all great ideas with poor execution. Sharpedo looks like a photoshopped image of the original, and I cannot tell the difference between mega and normal gallade. Camperupt is the only one i like even though it looks like a slug.

Not a slug-- a roomba. A glorious volcano-camel roomba. ^w^

tumblr_nbospek0h51qivgnso1_500.gif

Also, Mega Gallade has a cape, bigger swords, and a more prominent cowl. Looks like his official art is also on that page, but the leaker cut it off in the picture.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
opinion time yaay

Gallade: its a good male parallel to Gardevoir with the all-white body with green headgear, also its cape seems like it may take inspiration from a tailed coat which mirrors Gardevoirs ballroom dress.

Sharpedo: seems to suffer from Mega Garchomp Sickness in that theres an excess of spikes and stuff on it. Could've been executed a bit better, I do really enjoy how its snout seems to be taking inspiration from sawfish. (also, in the screenshot, it appears that its snout spikes seem to be retractable)

Camerupt: ngl, when I first saw this I was freaked out. Then after looking at it and giving it time to sink in, its actually not that bad of a design. I love how its entire body becomes a volcano, although its smile does still make me laugh a bit.

I'm reserving judgement on Primal Groudon/Kyogres moves/abilities until we get sufficient info on them

VictorKills

Aspiring Trainer
I LOVED the Mega Gallade!!!!! One of my favorites pokemon!!! :rolleyes: I don't know but I'm starting to think that he will have the Super Luck ability, because he looks like a superhero....Mega Camerupt is awesome too!! Iwas expecting it and now I'm excited!!!!! Mega Sharpedo is ... whatever to me! hauhauahuahau (Don't throw rocks at me! :D)

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I really like mega gallade, mega camerupt looks nice not every mega has to be serious and mega sharpedo looks cool but a bit of a dissapointment. Final earth sounds really cool.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Windwhip said:
The more I looked at Mega Sharpedo, it reminds me of an anchor. I wonder if it is based on an anchor?

It would make sense given Team Aqua's desire to expand the sea. More boats, more anchors.

Although I think Maxie got the better end of the deal in terms of his signature Mega Evolution tho.

Can't beat the Mega Camerupt Roomba.

otakusoul13

Plays Around The Music
I don't think anyone pointed it out but in the Shonen leak one of the images is of Mossdeep City, I think, it looks like the space center and the rocket, anyone else's thoughts?
I'm Assuming the demo is based in Mossdeep City, looks like the character is also talking in the shallow waters that surround the city too. But could be totally wrong since the pic isn't in that great quality. If this is the case, then I'm super excited for this demo since Mossdeep is one of my favorite cities!

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Well, all three of them were expected (Gallade a bit less) but it's cool to see them confirmed.

I like all three.
However, Mega Sharpedo is still only a half shark and doesn't look that different from the regular form. The spikes that resemble sawshark are cool though...
Mega Camerupt somehow reminds me of Slugma and Magcargo at the same time, which is weird and it looks funnier than its normal form, making it look more like a pre-evo than a Mega...
Mega Gallade is definitely my favorite. Looks so awesome. Specially with the cape, looks like a super-hero... I was thinking about ditching it in favor of some other pokémon as I was pessimist it wouldn't get a Mega but now I think I'm actually going to use it to mirror my Emerald Gardevoir...
Also, there goes the theory they were favoring the original evolutions of the split-lines... Now, I think they should do Mega Slowking, even though it may become even dumber than Mega Slowbro...

The abilities for the primals either extend the duration of sun and rain or the other possibility mentioned here about doing damage like hail and sandstorm (which I hadn't considered as a possibility)... I don't really care about Groudon's new attack as it is probably a Ground-type attack and there's already Earthquake. What I want is for them to give it Flare Blitz to abuse the new Fire-STAB...

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors
I was hoping Wally would use Gardevoir still. Considering his background and the rest of his team, I think Gardevoir suits him more than Gallade. As for Wally and Mega Gallade themselves: Wally's new clothes are fancy, but I've never been a fan of the exaggerated hair look unless it's funny or creative. His hair style and color makes him look like a human version of Shaymin. I like Mega Gallade's arms and silkiness.

Mega Camerupt is adorable. I keep imagining the lava being caramel for some reason. Mega Sharpedo looks like a pretzel.

Beginning Ocean and Final Earth are awesome names, as is Cliff Sword. I'm curious about what Primal Kyogre/Groudon's new moves will be like.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Metalizard said:
I don't really care about Groudon's new attack as it is probably a Ground-type attack and there's already Earthquake. What I want is for them to give it Flare Blitz to abuse the new Fire-STAB...

You think a giant, lumbering dinosaur is capable of using Flare Blitz? Do you even know what the word "blitz" means?