'CoroCoro' and 'Shonen Sunday' Leaks Reveal New Mega Pokémon and Downloadable Demo for OR/AS [9/9]

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Wow. This batch of Megas is just awesome! Here's my opinions:
Camerupt: Cool and all, but it looks cuter and LESS threatening to me, so I just can't see it as a Pokemon being used by an evil team, but that's probably just me.

Sharpedo: No. Just no. We really need to discuss what qualifies as a Mega Evolution, and what qualifies as a normal evolution. This might just be because I'm not a fan of Sharks, but you take sharpedo, give it a bigger nose, [how can it stay upright, with that?] add some saw blades to it, and add some yellow lines. This should be a NORMAL evolution.

Gallade: This is my personal favourite. It looks like something you'd see doing a ballroom dance with mega Gardevoir [Get your pencils out, people. IT's Meme time!] Sure it's simple, you take the green off, shrink the heart thing on its chest, add the red to its arms, give it a blue head crest, and add two capes from the back, but it's not under designed, [Mega Audino] or Overdesigned [Mega Pinsir] They hit the balance, and we NEED more metas like this

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Camerupt looks more like a short over-furry alpaca with a volcano on its back.
Sharpedo is literally just edgier.
Gallade is just stupid. Because blue flames and random-ass clothing flaps makes everything cooler, right?

thegrovylekid said:
Sharpedo: No. Just no. We really need to discuss what qualifies as a Mega Evolution, and what qualifies as a normal evolution. This might just be because I'm not a fan of Sharks, but you take sharpedo, give it a bigger nose, [how can it stay upright, with that?] add some saw blades to it, and add some yellow lines. This should be a NORMAL evolution.

Mega Sharpedo looks like its normal form, like literally every other Mega does, so somehow this means it should be a totally different Pokemon.

I cannot even comprehend this statement.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
So is all that fiery jazz on Mega Gallade part of its design or is it just for show?

Also Mega Camerupt is the cutest thing around <3
giphy.gif

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
thegrovylekid said:

Why? it's just a game. I don't thin we should have a small box that says "megas" and anything slightly out of this subjective box of acceptable designs just condemned.

alex020295

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Gallade has inner focus... I mean I understood giving mewtwo bad abilities since its already op but why gallade? He is in the same boat with Audino and Slowbro.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
The trouble with Mega Sharpedo's design is its silhouette is pretty much identical to normal Sharpedo. They just threw on a bunch of spikes and stripes and extended its nose - it's kind of like a fan mega. That's not the worst thing, since there are other megas I can say the same thing about, but Sharpedo is such a ridiculous pokemon I was hoping it would get a ridiculous mega, like what Slowbro and Salamence got.

Mega Camerupt is awesome though.

King Xerneas said:
So is all that fiery jazz on Mega Gallade part of its design or is it just for show?

That's a good question. It does seem to have blue fire extending along its forearm blades. But then, there's similar blue fire all around its feet and overlapping with Wally's art. I'm guessing it's for show.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Mega Gallade has Inner Focus -.-

FOR F**** SAKE.

those freakin idiots, I wanna punch someone in the face. unbelievable. I don't think I've been this pissed off at a bit of news about pokemon yet. argh

WHY

thegrovylekid said:
Now all this game needs is a mega Dragonite to be complete. Pokemon company? Please do it? For me?

sure, as does Hydreigon I guess.....but do dragon types really deserve to get all their megas before most of the other types even get a noteworthy number?

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I hoped for a more powerful ability on Gallade, but I'm not too disappointed. Gallade has a very varied move pool to choose from. There are so many strong physical attacks to use, which include Leaf Blade, Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and STAB Psycho Cut and Close Combat (or Drain Punch for healing). It can also use Swords Dance. Gardevoir can't compete with such variety so I don't mind they balance it out with abilities.

If Gallade gets a speed and attack boost along with an increase of other stats he will be able to counter so many different things. He already has a pretty good special defence.

It's no Huge/Pure Power, but I'll take it. :p

SimonCookie

Aspiring Trainer
'Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution.' o_O'
If this thing is getting a mega or primal form not even arceus itself can stop it's rampage!
Damn gamefreak, why you do dis?!

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I hope Rayquaza gets a primal form, like Groudon and Kyogre. It was there when they first battled and managed to stop them when they were in their primal forms (according to the new story I believe Groudon and Kyogre battled in their primal form when Rayquaza stopped them). It makes more sense that Rayquaza had a primal form back then as well rather than a Mega Evolution. I'm curious what this secret is..

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Drohn said:
I hope Rayquaza gets a primal form, like Groudon and Kyogre. It was there when they first battled and managed to stop them when they were in their primal forms (according to the new story I believe Groudon and Kyogre battled in their primal form when Rayquaza stopped them). It makes more sense that Rayquaza had a primal form back then as well rather than a Mega Evolution. I'm curious what this secret is..

I feel like it's pretty much a given we may see a Primal Rayquaza. Although, it could have to deal with that "Delta Emerald" trademark Nintendo filed several months back.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I was confident we would get a primal Rayquaza too, but the fact he is involved in a secret related to Mega Evolution caused some doubt for me. They might give him a Mega Evolution instead because of it.

Delta Emerald would be awesome, but companies trademark a lot of names without having plans of using them just in case they might want to in the future, so I'm not holding my breath. There's a car company that trademarked basically every horse type's name, because they named one car after a horse and want to have a list of options available in case they do ever decide to use another in the future. I'm sure Nintendo trademarked many more things than they will use. This doesn't mean they won't make Delta Emerald, of course. I would love it if they did. Emerald is a great game!

alex020295

Aspiring Trainer
Athena said:
Mega Camerupt is my favourite mega of all time.

Check out this outstanding art
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Camerupt-481531316

Also this http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/254/5/c/pokemon___wally_and_mega_gallade_by_sa_dui-d7ysbl2.jpg

Windwhip

Aspiring Trainer
Inner Focus? Really? Gallade, you poor thing--my sympathies.

Also, the suspense regarding Rayquaza is killing me. Is it October yet?

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but still I'm surprised about the arts of Mega Gallade (So fast!). Looks so cool!