'CoroCoro' and 'Shonen Sunday' Leaks Reveal New Mega Pokémon and Downloadable Demo for OR/AS [9/9]

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
We will most probably see infinite wetaher back. Ubers will explode.
Mega Camerupt seems just as terrible as its old forme... Maybe Sheer Force will help? Its design is average-ish.
Mega Sharpedo seems interesting with a rather interesting design as well. However, it will probably be outclassed, since it's still very frail and lacks boosts.
Mega Gallade... interesting design, at least.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Windwhip said:
Now, his typing and abilities still remains unknown... hmmm...

It's pretty much given to stay Psy/Fight.

I mean its definitely not losing it's Fightning type, as that is the selling-point of this alternate evolution in the first place, but it's also not gonna lose it's main Psychic type that the line is known for, and especially not when it's signature move Psycho Cut, which remains as relevant as ever, is also a Psychic move.

Remember that Gallades stats are identical to Gardevoirs, except with the attacks swapped.
So it might be that Mega Gallade will have the same boosts, which would unfortunately include a pointless +20 in it's sp.atk, which would be of better use in the awful Defense stat -.-

68 125 65 65 115 80
-- +40 -- +20 +20 +20
68 165 65 85 135 100

As for the ability, don't expect anything new, but it can't get worse than what it had.

(Mega Lucarios) Adaptability sounds right, especially when they seem to reuse the same abilities on several megas, like Pixilate on the Fairies, Tough Claws on physical destroyers, Magic Bounce on everyone and their mother, Aerialite as soon as Flying-type matters etc..

JPN Gallade said:
As for Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt? ... meh. There designs don't appeal to me that much, but hopefully, they will receive the right boosts.

Except Sharpedo to get +20 def boosts that wont make a difference, and the rest somehow distributed across it's offensive stats...hopefully the least on it's sp.atk.

My prediction:
70 120 40 95 40 95
-- +40 +10 +20 +10 +20
70 160 50 115 50 115

Camerupt is confirmed to get a speed drop, which is amazing news, as that only means the rest of its stats will get better.

My prediction:
70 100 70 105 75 40
-- +30 +20 +50 +20 -20
70 130 90 155 95 20

Teal said:
Welp, infinite weather is back!

Chaos Jackal said:
We will most probably see infinite wetaher back. Ubers will explode.

Everyone is assuming the weather will just be infinite (gamefreak isn't THAT silly)

They are described as STRONG rain/sun, implying they will have a bigger impact in some way... otehrwise they'd be saying eternal or original or primal or something....

Again, they're either going to cause actual harm on itself, or they will grant even more extreme boosts than regular weather.

Chaos Jackal said:
Mega Camerupt seems just as terrible as its old forme... Maybe Sheer Force will help? Its design is average-ish.

Sheer Force is not Water Absorb, but it's useful to it just as much.
It has plenty of moves to abuse the extra power:
Earth Power 135 (203)
Flamethrower 135 (203)
Fire Blast 165 (248)
Rock Slide 113
Heat Wave 143 (214)
Iron Head 120
Stone Edge 150
Flash Cannon 120
even Ancientpower (90, 135 with STAB) is viable if you went full special offense.

It's entirely moves of the 4 types Fire/Ground/Steel/Rock, which are perfect coverage
b8Qq1Vb.png

an interesting option for sun-teams is Growth, since it boosts both it's attacks 2 stages, but in general, this thing should wreak havoc as soon as TR is up.

Chaos Jackal said:
Mega Sharpedo seems interesting with a rather interesting design as well. However, it will probably be outclassed, since it's still very frail and lacks boosts.
Mega Gallade... interesting design, at least.

WHAT?
It has the most broken boosting ability as it's HA: Speed Boost
You protect on the first turn (or the second one if you outpredict your opponent), gain the extra speed, then mega evolve and send the poor sucker home with likely a 160 base attack and a 203 BP Crunch (90 x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Stron Jaw), a 98 BP Ice Fang (don't need mixed set for Ice Beam at all), and either a Waterfall, or Aqua Jet that will outspeed Talonflames Gale Wings Brave Birds!

It's freaking terrifying.
Only thing it lacks is much variety, but who needs that with those 3 types giving amazing coverage?

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I just realised Mega Camerupt's fur is done this way to make it resemble a mountain. It makes sense, since it has a volcano on its back now.

That's pretty awesome. It's like a walking volcano.

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Mega Camerupt looks like a giant Slugma with volcanoes on its back, Mega Sharpedo wouldn't look so awkward if it wasn't half a shark with a snout thats just as big as its body, and if anyone has seen the show Steven Universe Mega Gallade looks like Pearl

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Oh heck yes! Mega Camerupt! :D I like his design over Sharpedo. Mega Camerupt has a freaking volcano on its back. I just gotta remember that it has sheer force. Seems like there could have been a better ability for Mega Camerupt.... but I'll have to take a look at his moveset to get a feel for sheer force. Still hoping for a Mega Breloom!

Mitja

veteran smartass
CuriousCleffa said:
but I'll have to take a look at his moveset to get a feel for sheer force.

Or just check a few posts above yours :p

Mitja said:
Earth Power 135 (203)
Flamethrower 135 (203)
Fire Blast 165 (248)
Rock Slide 113
Heat Wave 143 (214)
Iron Head 120
Stone Edge 150
Flash Cannon 120
even Ancientpower (90, 135 with STAB) is viable if you went full special offense.

It's entirely moves of the 4 types Fire/Ground/Steel/Rock, which are perfect coverage
b8Qq1Vb.png

an interesting option for sun-teams is Growth, since it boosts both it's attacks 2 stages, but in general, this thing should wreak havoc as soon as TR is up.

sgtspontaneous

I like Pokémon more than Water Pokémon Master
Not huge on the design, but I love Sharpedo! Crunch is 180 bp after Stab now, add in Aqua Jet or Waterfall, ice Fang, and Protect for a free speed boost, and you got a fierce glass cannon. I predict 160 attack and 115 speed, which will outspeed everything! Regarding weather lasting longer than 5 turns, Primal Drought/Primal Drizzle anyone?

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Mitja said:
CuriousCleffa said:
but I'll have to take a look at his moveset to get a feel for sheer force.

Or just check a few posts above yours :p

Mitja said:
Earth Power 135 (203)
Flamethrower 135 (203)
Fire Blast 165 (248)
Rock Slide 113
Heat Wave 143 (214)
Iron Head 120
Stone Edge 150
Flash Cannon 120

b8Qq1Vb.png

Oh gosh x) I read through the first page of comments and wanted to post aha. Thanks! I'll go back and read all those aha

KiryatheDragonite

KNEEL!
Drohn said:
KiryatheDragonite said:
Gardevoir is my all-time favorite Pokemon, and I love Mega Gallafe! I've been using an Assault Vest set recently, and I can't wait to see this guys stats.
I expect Mega Gallade will have the same stats as Mega Gardevoir except for Attack and Special Attack, which would be switched, like their original forms.

I think they might be similar, but the leak suggests that all of its stats will rise, which is different from Gardy, whose defense was left untouched.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Mortal_Zachary said:
Did you guys notice the M on Camerupt's forehead?
Aha M for Team Magma CX

If you use Mega Camerupt, you support terrorism! hahah

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
I like Mega Gallade's design very well! I like the cape thing. It's cool too see more Mega's but Camerupt and Sharpedo aren't my favourites though.
Can we expect more leaks today from CoroCoro? Because this news came from Shonen Sunday right?

Now I see Wally came back, and his main Pokemon got a Mega. It would be strange too see no Mega-Flygon because of that secretbase-guy. It is his main Pokemon. And maybe Wallace isn't show yet because he have Mega-Milotic??? :D:D

Mitja

veteran smartass
JiJi-T said:
It is his main Pokemon. And maybe Wallace isn't show yet because he have Mega-Milotic??? :D:D

Which is why they'd wanna save that for Delta Emerald /evil laugh

Drohn

Wild War Dance
JiJi-T said:
Can we expect more leaks today from CoroCoro? Because this news came from Shonen Sunday right?
The Mega Pokémon and information about Groudon and Kyogre are from CoroCoro. Shonen Sunday had information about the downloadable demo games for OR/AS.

NaturallyDark

Master of Nightmares
I love the new Megas! But after I saw the epicness and the terror-striking appearance of Mega Sharpedo, Mega Camerupt felt...just way cuter. It's like, "Imma destroy you! But first, can I haz a cookie? 8< "

Mega Gallade just looks awesome. Now we need Mega Rhyperior and Mega Roserade and we'll have Mega Team Raider to go against Mega Team Charm!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I want my Mega Swellow! ;_; We STILL have no Mega flying birds. Why do GF hate birds so much?!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Mortal_Zachary said:
Did you guys notice the M on Camerupt's forehead?
Aha M for Team Magma CX

I don't think its for Team Magma, since normal Camerupt kinda has the "M" already. You can see it in its normal Ken Sugimori artwork, in between its eyes, the nose part kinda forms a "M" as well ;)

Tuoko

Aspiring Trainer
Blob55 said:
I want my Mega Swellow! ;_; We STILL have no Mega flying birds. Why do GF hate birds so much?!

Mega Altaria? Unless you mean a Mega bird based Pokemon that's a Flying Type... Yeah, there should be one.

Anyway, I like Mega Camerupt! It looks kinda cute, and reminds me of Magcargo.
Mega Sharpedo looks ridiculous. At least another shark based Pokemon though.
Mega Gallade is neat. I like it! Starting to like Gallade too now because of it.
Wally... I wonder if he has asthma still? He doesn't really look like a "sickly, pale, young boy" anymore and he reminds me of the Contests.

And I'm curious about the new Mega Pokemon for next month. That would make 14 Mega Evolutions in OR/AS?
Wonder what it is. Hope it's a Generation 2. ;w;

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pretty predictable reveals. We all saw Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo coming, and it was only a matter of time before they showed off Primal Groudon/Kyogre's moves and abilities. I am happy to see Wally and Mega Gallade though, that was something that needed to happen.