'CoroCoro' and 'Shonen Sunday' Leaks Reveal New Mega Pokémon and Downloadable Demo for OR/AS [9/9]

still disappointed at Gallades ability :/

I have no clue how twitter works, but I even made a tweet about it heh..https://twitter.com/saiphcharon/status/510131342081019904

I mean seriously, what were they thinking?

I was joking yesterday that the worst case scenario we should expect is for Mega Gallade to get either of it's regular "meh" abilities (Steadfast, Justified), but both would have been a better than Inner Focus.
The scenario in which Inner Focus would play a role at all is when confronted with something that will use Fake Out on it in VGC. But guess what, with Gallades puny HP (68) and Defense (65), that opposing Kangaskhan, which has a higher speed stat to begin with (90>80, as mega-evo speed counts only a turn later), doesn't even have a reason to use Fake Out, it will want to just smack it in the face with ANY move instead.

I was hoping for something like Adaptability, which would have even fit nicely as a counterpart to Mega Gardevoirs Pixilate, but I guess it's not even supposed to be close to it's counterpart, let alone the dozens of powerful Megas who all got something better.
Heck even Ampharos with Mold Breaker (TWaving Magic Bouncers) got a better deal (ignoring it's fancy added Dragon type and irrelevant speed drop to enable further stat boosts).

Mitja said:

I have no clue how twitter works, but I even made a tweet about it heh..https://twitter.com/saiphcharon/status/510131342081019904

I was joking yesterday that the worst case scenario we should expect is for Mega Gallade to get either of it's regular "meh" abilities (Steadfast, Justified), but both would have been a better than Inner Focus.
The scenario in which Inner Focus would play a role at all is when confronted with something that will use Fake Out on it in VGC. But guess what, with Gallades puny HP (68) and Defense (65), that opposing Kangaskhan, which has a higher speed stat to begin with (90>80, as mega-evo speed counts only a turn later), doesn't even have a reason to use Fake Out, it will want to just smack it in the face with ANY move instead.

I was hoping for something like Adaptability, which would have even fit nicely as a counterpart to Mega Gardevoirs Pixilate, but I guess it's not even supposed to be close to it's counterpart, let alone the dozens of powerful Megas who all got something better.
Heck even Ampharos with Mold Breaker (TWaving Magic Bouncers) got a better deal (ignoring it's fancy added Dragon type and irrelevant speed drop to enable further stat boosts).

Adaptability intimidate moxie iron fist even technician if it hopefully gets mach punch... Hopefully it won't get gardevoirs stats I like 165 attack but if he doest have 120 speed at least lucario and medicham will overshadow him sadly. However I will still use this beautiful creature. All I need now is mega flygon and luxray and I will be satisfied.

In terms of Rayquaza, I'm leaning more for a Primal then a Mega.
If you look at the animation for Reversion you can see Green, Red and Blue.

Why would they add that extra color if it was just Groudon and Kyogre getting a Primal? Seems like a given

de4nw6y.png

Good catch! I didn't even notice that.. I'm hopeful again. Definitely hoping for a primal form.

EpicIce2012 said:
Why would they add that extra color if it was just Groudon and Kyogre getting a Primal? Seems like a given

de4nw6y.png
Maybe it is Mega Caravine. Carnavine is green it could happen.

Inner focus is fine for Gallade, it'll be one heck of a Kang killer now. BTW, anyone see this yet? http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/My-Knight-in-Shining-Armor-481529749 It's so pretty, and really does Gardevoir and Gallade justice, showing how beautiful and elegant they are.

Mitja said:

C'mon, you know better than to argue that adaptability fits gallade better than inner focus.

As for the evolutions, well, megacamerupt is very good, the only thing I would change is that stupid M they put on its face, all they needed to do was removing the lower clear patch and leave it all black.

Megasharpedo is the most stupid-looking mega so far, metagross at least had the whole concept of addition, even if the execution was more like what a 10-year old would do, but sharpedo is just stupid. All that yellow? should be gone. The big X in its head should become red. all those extensible teeth alongside its face? looks better without them.

And gallade? oh dear. There's so much wrong that I don't know where to start.
Yes, I know, you all love him, want to cuddle him and pet him and name him sir galahad and go around having adventures , but the composition is just wrong; they based its style and concept on megagardevoir, when the concepts don't match at all; gardevoir gained a crown and a bigger dress, but you can't do the same reduction to a pokemon based on a warrior; they should have gone the opposite way, strive for contrast; make him mostly dark green, leaving a few patches of white; the blades gaining that red irregular outline out of nowhere was so stupid as well, and the curved form in the head thing too. The cape was, at least, a good idea, it would have been good as the only thing white in gallade, with a blue underline.

EDIT: I'm talking about this:
[img width=400 height=]http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2014/03/62820_282Gardevoir_Mega_Dream.png[/img][img width=400 height=]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1CP6flH9TfrNCPRFwfKmAbFWEHIxdliqHBKJGJLDe_fI/pub?w=1478&h=1654[/img]

Bolt the Cat said:
Metalizard said:
I don't really care about Groudon's new attack as it is probably a Ground-type attack and there's already Earthquake. What I want is for them to give it Flare Blitz to abuse the new Fire-STAB...

You think a giant, lumbering dinosaur is capable of using Flare Blitz? Do you even know what the word "blitz" means?

Wow... You're so smart, aren't you?
That's why Emboar, a big fat pig, can use Flare Blitz, because it is fast as f***, right? Not to mention Groudon is faster than Emboar...
But if you had noticed, you'd know "blitz" is only in the english name of the attack and by reading the description, you would understand that the attack has nothing to do with speed...

-------------

Anyway, lol at Inner Focus Mega Gallade...

Also, interesting they're mentioning Rayquaza all of a sudden and saying it is related to Mega Evolution when we're all expecting a Primal Rayquaza... I can't wait to know what's their plan for Rayquaza...

professorlight said:
Mitja said:

C'mon, you know better than to argue that adaptability fits gallade better than inner focus.

As for the evolutions, well, megacamerupt is very good, the only thing I would change is that stupid M they put on its face, all they needed to do was removing the lower clear patch and leave it all black.

Megasharpedo is the most stupid-looking mega so far, metagross at least had the whole concept of addition, even if the execution was more like what a 10-year old would do, but sharpedo is just stupid. All that yellow? should be gone. The big X in its head should become red. all those extensible teeth alongside its face? looks better without them.

And gallade? oh dear. There's so much wrong that I don't know where to start.
Yes, I know, you all love him, want to cuddle him and pet him and name him sir galahad and go around having adventures , but the composition is just wrong; they based its style and concept on megagardevoir, when the concepts don't match at all; gardevoir gained a crown and a bigger dress, but you can't do the same reduction to a pokemon based on a warrior; they should have gone the opposite way, strive for contrast; make him mostly dark green, leaving a few patches of white; the blades gaining that red irregular outline out of nowhere was so stupid as well, and the curved form in the head thing too. The cape was, at least, a good idea, it would have been good as the only thing white in gallade, with a blue underline.

EDIT: I'm talking about this:
[img width=400 height=]http://pokecharms.com/data/attachment-files/2014/03/62820_282Gardevoir_Mega_Dream.png[/img][img width=400 height=]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1CP6flH9TfrNCPRFwfKmAbFWEHIxdliqHBKJGJLDe_fI/pub?w=1478&h=1654[/img]

You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't need to be so snotty about it. I think one could make an argument for any of the aforementioned abilities for Gallade, but the one they went with isn't a deal killer, at least not for me. I'm not sure why you think all that green looks better than what they have, but to each their own.

KiryatheDragonite said:
Inner focus is fine for Gallade, it'll be one heck of a Kang killer now.

It's gonna be a Kang-killer? How?

It get's destroyed by Kang (simply from being fragile as heck AND slower), which won't even use Fake Out (for Inner Focus to have any relevance whatsoever), except for making fun of the opponent (and stupidly wasting speed-advantage of the non-mega-speed-turn).

KiryatheDragonite said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't need to be so snotty about it. I think one could make an argument for any of the aforementioned abilities for Gallade, but the one they went with isn't a deal killer, at least not for me. I'm not sure why you think all that green looks better than what they have, but to each their own.

I am indeed entitled to my opinion, and you may notice I never infringed in anyone else's, in fact I said that my opinion wouldn't be agreed by many; I was talking specifically to mitja, since I know he understands why, if GF had to choose between adaptability and inner focus for gallade, they went with the latter. I never said it was a deal killer either; I didn't think gallade could get many existent "good" abilities that fit him, beyond justified and inner focus. Inner focus makes perfect sense, even if there are better abilities out there.

As I said, the colour is about concept; gardevoir loses all green because her hands and legs get covered by white; I was always against this decision, but at least I understand why they did it. However, gallade's roots are different from gardevoir's, and, if you're treating him as its own pokemon, not like half of a pair (which is what GF ultimately did) you need to apply its own rationale, not borrow from gardevoir. What I was saying has to do with colour/concept contrast; one becomes almost all white, the other must become almost all green; up-down, left,right, dark-light. And GF gets that, they did make gallade's green and red more dark and saturated than gardevoir's light colours; they're stronger; which is what supports me expanding gallade's green. Now, the issue with this, and what I suspect was the reason they went the direction they did, was that expanding green leaves an ugly seam in gardevoir/gallade's neck, because you're treating white as skin, but not green; this leaves you with no choice than to cover their entire bodies with "skin" (see: megagardevoir). This reasoning, although not entirely solid, isn't such a problem in gardevoir (shiny gardevoir), but with gallade you have the means to solve it; he's a knight, knights used armor, why not make gallade covered in green "armor" then? the neck seam is insignificant when you have that reasoning to support it.

On the other hand, I'm quite sure their intention was to make gallade a white knight, as gardevoir wears a white dress on white skin, he wears white armour over white skin, so I guess all I need now is to see shiny gallade to see how they really treated the white/not-white-but-still-white division, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar to what I did.

Mitja said:
KiryatheDragonite said:
Inner focus is fine for Gallade, it'll be one heck of a Kang killer now.

It's gonna be a Kang-killer? How?

It get's destroyed by Kang (simply from being fragile as heck AND slower), which won't even use Fake Out (for Inner Focus to have any relevance whatsoever), except for making fun of the opponent (and stupidly wasting speed-advantage of the non-mega-speed-turn).

I just did a calculation with my current set, an assault vest configuration with defense investment, and Kang's return one-shots...that does take the wind out my sails a bit here, I hadn't considered Return would still KO. A bulk up set would help, but at that point, why bother? I still like him, but I hope they don't just paste Gardy's mega stats onto him. I've used her successfully, but always with some form of support.

I've had a Lonely Shiny Ralts ever since Ruby. With Mega Gallade revealed, the wait has finally payed off. I'm gonna use it on my very first playthrough of Omega Ruby, 8 years after it was born. Feels good.

Mega Sharpedo being over designed is only natural. But I really wanted it to have grown a sleek body instead of keeping that shark head shape. Not that I dislike the base form.

KiryatheDragonite said:
I just did a calculation with my current set, an assault vest configuration with defense investment, and Kang's return one-shots...that does take the wind out my sails a bit here, I hadn't considered Return would still KO. A bulk up set would help, but at that point, why bother? I still like him, but I hope they don't just paste Gardy's mega stats onto him. I've used her successfully, but always with some form of support.

Assault Vest raises Special Defense, not Defense. And even if a +Def nature and 252 HP and Def EVs would allow for Gallade to survive Return, there would be no point to it because no Gallade in existence will ever run more than 4 EVs in HP or Defense. Bulk Up doesn't help either, because Gallade is outsped and destroyed before it can use it.
Inner Focus simply kills it. Dunno, give it a new ability that raises cutting moves, give it Adaptability, even Anticipation (with all the sensing and mind reading), keep Justified... but not Inner Focus.

Chaos Jackal said:
KiryatheDragonite said:

Assault Vest raises Special Defense, not Defense. And even if a +Def nature and 252 HP and Def EVs would allow for Gallade to survive Return, there would be no point to it because no Gallade in existence will ever run more than 4 EVs in HP or Defense. Bulk Up doesn't help either, because Gallade is outsped and destroyed before it can use it.
Inner Focus simply kills it. Dunno, give it a new ability that raises cutting moves, give it Adaptability, even Anticipation (with all the sensing and mind reading), keep Justified... but not Inner Focus.

I'm very well aware of what Assault Vest does, I was just explaining the set. I said in the above quote exactly what you just said, that Kang KOs with Return, so thanks for reading my post. I don't run it with full defense evs either, just enough to tank an uninvested hit or two. He's a good tank, with assault vest boosting his Special d and what defense I gave him, although there are better things.

[split] New (Mega) Pokémon in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Your Hopes and Expectations

Ok, so on Mega Camerupts page on the ORAS site, it mentions that most of its stats are uniformly raised whilst its speed drops. I'm taking most to mean 'everything that isn't HP'.
This is my stat-raising chart thing for it:
HP: 70->70
Atk: 100->130
Def: 70->100
Sp.A: 105->135
Sp.D: 75->105
Spe:40->20

so basically it loses 20 points in speed, and gains +30 in everything else (minus HP for obvious reasons).
(and this speed stat would make it a great contender for Trick Room teams)

Starboard Driger said:
thegrovylekid said:
Sharpedo: No. Just no. We really need to discuss what qualifies as a Mega Evolution, and what qualifies as a normal evolution. This might just be because I'm not a fan of Sharks, but you take sharpedo, give it a bigger nose, [how can it stay upright, with that?] add some saw blades to it, and add some yellow lines. This should be a NORMAL evolution.

Mega Sharpedo looks like its normal form, like literally every other Mega does, so somehow this means it should be a totally different Pokemon.

I cannot even comprehend this statement.

Most mega evolutions are at least distinguishable from their nonmega form. this one is not.

I really hope Wally plays a bigger role. He's one of my favourite characters.

I do wish Gallade had a better ability... I think I'm going to need to stick with Mega Banette... I really like the design, though - nice and simple! :D

What if Gallade protects and mega evolves T1 and outspeeds and kills mega Khan T2 with STAB? Could be possible. @current debate

I like mega gallade. He's like a ballroom dancer cape wearing hero guy. I don't battle competitively so the ability means nothing to me. I just wish it was fairy/fighting rather than psychic fighting.

EDIT: wow you guys know how to take the fun out of anything.

Back