Competitive VG Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Competitive Battling Questions Thread

It's like this:
Adamant if you want to hit harder.
Jolly if you want to be faster.

Make sure you have near perfect IVs.

I really don't know how well Archeops will preform in VGC, as he is outsped by the Genies (Tornadus and Thundurus) by one point, and Archeops's ability is really bad, although I really don't know if entry hazards are as big in VGC.

As for the moves, drop Giga Impact and Dragon Tail. Loosing a turn because of Giga Impact can help your opponent set-up a sweeper / switch in a Pokemon / hit Archeops so that his abilty kicks in, making him useless for the rest of the match. Dragon Tail has negative priority, meaning you move last. Really not a good move for him considering his speed. As for moves to replace with, I really don't know. StoneQuake offers neat perfect coverage, so consider a move that makes complete coverage. His Sp. Atk isn't horrible, so you could run a move like Hidden Power Fire to hit Ferrothorn hard.

TheDarkLucario said:
It's like this:
Adamant if you want to hit harder.
Jolly if you want to be faster.

Make sure you have near perfect IVs.

I really don't know how well Archeops will preform in VGC, as he is outsped by the Genies (Tornadus and Thundurus) by one point, and Archeops's ability is really bad, although I really don't know if entry hazards are as big in VGC.

As for the moves, drop Giga Impact and Dragon Tail. Loosing a turn because of Giga Impact can help your opponent set-up a sweeper / switch in a Pokemon / hit Archeops so that his abilty kicks in, making him useless for the rest of the match. Dragon Tail has negative priority, meaning you move last. Really not a good move for him considering his speed. As for moves to replace with, I really don't know. StoneQuake offers neat perfect coverage, so consider a move that makes complete coverage. His Sp. Atk isn't horrible, so you could run a move like Hidden Power Fire to hit Ferrothorn hard.

I'll only use it if I see something my main lead Pokemon (Haxorus) can't handle. As for the Dragon Tail thing, thanks. I forgot that and I'll replace it with Dragon Claw. I don't know what I'll do about Giga Impact, but maybe something Flying type or a status move? This probably makes me look dumb, but how do you get better IV's than what you get from the start (I bred the Archens I have)? Thanks for the tips.:p

I was using my Compoundeyes Galvantula and Thunder missed. What gives? Thunder has 70 accuracy and Compoundeyes gives it a 30 boost, making the accuracy 100. I was playing against a Bisharp, if that would have anything to do with it.

I just started restarted making a competitive team and I would like to know.
What is the fastest way to EV train?

Edit: Completely forgot!:

Pre-1. Use vitamins in the stat that you want before any EVing at all, until you max out at 100 (unless you want less than that)

1. Attach the Power items to what you're EVing in the stat that you're EVing.

2. Give it PokeRus.

3. Put it in the front of your party.

4. Use Serebii's EV page to find the best locations for training in the stat you want.

5. Battle wild Pokemon, switching out your lead each time (if it's a low level).

6. Keep track of the EVs gained.

7. ????

8. PROFIT! /overused

I know that this is pretty barebones, so do say if you need more details.

If you already know the mechanics of EVs, read this. If not, learn more about EVs

I use vitamins [HP Up/Protein/Carbos/Zinc/etc] to give my Pokemon ten EV points. You can only use ten vitamins in a specific stat, so make sure to know that. I then attach a Power [Anklet/Band/Lens/etc] for the stat I want to increase. The power items increase your EV gain by four points. I then make sure my Pokemon have Pokerus. Pokerus doubles your EV gain. The last part is harder to do, but it's really just based off your preference and how much time you have. When training, don't go for the Pokemon who give the largest amount of EVs; go for the Pokemon who are in much larger numbers.

At least that's what I do.

Edit; Chariblaze beat me AND used an overused joke. Nifty!

Right.
So if I give my Vanilluxe 3 Carboses, then will it's Vanillite egg have 30 EVs in Speed.(I read that somewhere)
Or do you have to work from the ground up?

BrOkenICE said:
Right.
So if I give my Vanilluxe 3 Carboses, then will it's Vanillite egg have 30 EVs in Speed.(I read that somewhere)
Or do you have to work from the ground up?

You have to work from the ground up. Whoever told you that EVs can be passed through eggs is dumb.

The Bisharp was Life Orb'd. :(
PS: How do you do spoiler tags?

What Bisharp? Huh?

And I think the spoiler code is

Code:
[spoiler]*insert stuff here*[/spoiler]

Does baton pass also give negative stat changes? For example, if my smeargle used shell smas and baton pass, would the next pokemon's defence be lowered?

pokemonjoe said:
Does baton pass also give negative stat changes? For example, if my smeargle used shell smas and baton pass, would the next pokemon's defence be lowered?

Yes, you're correct. Anything the Baton Passer has - be it status (just confusion, iirc), subsitute, increase/lowered stat, Ingrain, etc - will be passed to the Pokemon who receives the Baton Pass.

TheDarkLucario said:
pokemonjoe said:

Yes, you're correct. Anything the Baton Passer has - be it status (just confusion, iirc), subsitute, increase/lowered stat, Ingrain, etc - will be passed to the Pokemon who receives the Baton Pass.
ok. Thanks!

OK so say T-tar or Hippowdon sets up sandstream. Then I switch out to my Exadrill. Will the effects of sand storm stay will they wither out?

Unless another weather move/ability is used, the sandstorm effect will stay until the battle is over.

I have a Yamask that is male and has the IVs and nature that I want on a roggenrola (31 attack and 0 speed). What is the best way to transfer both the IVs and the nature to roggenrola?

You can't. You can transfer one IV from one parent, and the nature from the other parent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back