Card Sleeve Discussion

Snowy

❄️グレイシア❄️
RE: Clear Sleeves Help Please?!

uboaaaa said:
Hello! I collect Pokémon Cards, and was wondering whether I should purchase the KMC Perfect Fit sleeves, or if I should buy the Ultra Pro Perfect Fit sleeves. Thanks so much!

Here they are for help:

http://www.amazon.com/KMC-pochettes-Barrier-Perfect-Sleeves/dp/B0007N7PB2

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Standard-Pro-Fit-Transparent-Sleeves/dp/B005HXLH3O/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1395258948&sr=1-2&keywords=ultra+pro+perfect+fit

Thanks again for your help, guys!

I prefer the KMC Perfect Fit sleeves as the quality is a lot better than the Ultra Pro Perfect Fit. From my experiences, KMC sleeves are more uniform, while the Ultra Pro may be slightly different sizes. Also, I use KMC to "double sleeve" my cards. I insert the card upside down into the perfect fit and then place that sleeved card into a regular card sleeve. I do it this way because it protects the card from any dust particles and what not when storing them in a binder.

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
I use KMC, I've never had a problem with them. But I've seen some Ultra Pro sleeves being terribly small, damaging the card.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Riraito said:
I've seen some Ultra Pro sleeves being terribly small, damaging the card.

I have never had a small sleeve with Ultra Pro. I have used thousands of them.

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Card Sleeves

Hey everyone! I'm looking for some clear card sleeves that are 66mm x 92mm, and not super thin like a penny sleeve. I've been looking around, but I dunno what's good. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Ryan Gleason

Aspiring Trainer
Sorta related but how do you guys store your jumbo promo cards. I miss estimated the size and thought they would fit in a full page sleeve, but its too small.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Look in
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-how-do-you-store-and-organize-your-collection?page=2

Familiar

Make 7up Yours!!!!!!
omahanime said:
Look in
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-how-do-you-store-and-organize-your-collection?page=2

I think you mean http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-jumbo-cards--114196?pid=2451330#pid2451330

mattynicklin

Aspiring Trainer
I just thought I would come here to mention the brand ultimate guard, I was looking for some perfect fit sleeves and was using ultra pro and found them too tight, I switched to ultimate guard a German brand and they fit perfectly I know the measurements are the same but they just seem to fit better they slide on perfectly and don't have to force them like ultra pro, they also have a nice selections of binders and deck protectors.

http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
mattynicklin said:
I just thought I would come here to mention the brand ultimate guard, I was looking for some perfect fit sleeves and was using ultra pro and found them too tight, I switched to ultimate guard a German brand and they fit perfectly I know the measurements are the same but they just seem to fit better they slide on perfectly and don't have to force them like ultra pro, they also have a nice selections of binders and deck protectors.

Those look cool, I might try those out if they're fairly close to the price of Ultra Pro's.

Ryan Gleason

Aspiring Trainer
Frost Mage said:
mattynicklin said:

Those look cool, I might try those out if they're fairly close to the price of Ultra Pro's.

Have you seen any information about how much these cost, how to buy them, anything?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Their "Partner Network" page lists distributors. There don't seem to be any in the States, yet, but they list distributors in Germany, Spain, Italy, the UK, France, and Bulgaria. I checked one of them (Chaos Cards in the UK) and they have sleeves, boxes, and portfolios available on their webshop, so I assume some of the others likely will as well.

mattynicklin

Aspiring Trainer
Ryan Gleason said:
Frost Mage said:

Have you seen any information about how much these cost, how to buy them, anything?

Well in the uk I buy mine from chaoscards.co.uk the prices are pretty much the same as ultra pro I think they are £1.55 for a pack of precise fit 100 sleeves and ultra pro fit is £1.95 for 100 sleeves. So ultra pro is more expensive and In my opinion the inferior product (obviously my opinion and not fact). I have bought several packs of the precise fit and different deck protector colours and they all the fit perfectly and no forcing them like ultra pro.

These are my number one choice now after not being happy with ultra pro.

jakopo

Aspiring Trainer
Today I've bought Ultimate Guard ( http://www.ultimateguard.com/en/ ) Precise Fit sleeves and there're way better than the Ultra-Pro (Pro-Fit) ones. They really fit perfectly!

beebahboo

Collector
I'm purely a collector, I'm not planning on doing any shuffling, sliding cards around on tables, or anything but keeping them pretty in a binder (9-pocket Ultra Pro Platinum pages).
So as of now I'm planning on getting Dragon Shield sleeves. I've read a lot about both DS and KMC, and I've read quite a bit about how DS sleeves have a snug fit and are better at keeping dust out. I also like that they come in packs of 100 for just a little more than an 80 pack of KMCs.

I'm also a bit interested in double sleeving.

So a few questions...
If I just want my cards to stay pretty, and most importantly not to warp or get that "black gunk" build up, would I be better off spending less money on sleeves, and opting for a 'cheaper' brand?
Would using pvc-free penny sleeves meet my needs?
Do I need to double sleeve at all, or just put the first sleeve on upside down, then into pocket page?

Thanks! :)

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
Dragon Sleeves are really cool for the way they have an extra bit of space on the top of the card to keep dust out, but overall they seem to be pretty low quality, but maybe that only really matters for playing. KMC's are my new favorites, they're just that much better than Dragon Shields or Ultra Pros.

Norava

Aspiring Trainer
beebahboo said:
I'm purely a collector, I'm not planning on doing any shuffling, sliding cards around on tables, or anything but keeping them pretty in a binder (9-pocket Ultra Pro Platinum pages).
So as of now I'm planning on getting Dragon Shield sleeves. I've read a lot about both DS and KMC, and I've read quite a bit about how DS sleeves have a snug fit and are better at keeping dust out. I also like that they come in packs of 100 for just a little more than an 80 pack of KMCs.

So a few questions...
If I just want my cards to stay pretty, and most importantly not to warp or get that "black gunk" build up, would I be better off spending less money on sleeves, and opting for a 'cheaper' brand?
Do I need to double sleeve at all, or just put the first sleeve on upside down, then into pocket page?

If you plan on sleeving for card pages, then I highly recommend KMC Perfect Size sleeves. They're a bit pricier than penny sleeves, but they're well worth the investment and the name doesn't lie: they perfectly fit the cards and won't make your pages oddly bulky like penny sleeves would. Not only that, but you can also double sleeve them with KMC Super sleeves if you really want to. (Which I don't think is necessary if you don't plan on playing with the cards)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
How many cards in your collection? If your collection is small, expensive sleeves are one thing, but once it gets to a bigger size, your sleeves need to be cost effective.

EXAMPLE:
100 cards, double sleeved @ $5 per pack of 100 = $10
10000 cards, double sleeved @ $5 per pack of 100 = $1000

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
Norava said:
beebahboo said:

So a few questions...

If you plan on sleeving for card pages, then I highly recommend KMC Perfect Size sleeves. They're a bit pricier than penny sleeves, but they're well worth the investment and the name doesn't lie: they perfectly fit the cards and won't make your pages oddly bulky like penny sleeves would. Not only that, but you can also double sleeve them with KMC Super sleeves if you really want to. (Which I don't think is necessary if you don't plan on playing with the cards)

Side note, well I've never used the Super Sleeves rom KMC, I have heard that the Matte ones are much better.