'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Purrloin

I'm really surprised to see Bridgette. When thinking of Pokemon characters to include in cards, I generally consider the main series or anime, not the flippin' Bank. Unsure if she's worth replacing Pokemon Fan Club though, for those who run that.

Nice to see Giovanni back. And in a choose-your-effect Supporter card no less, which is really cool.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
I have wanted to see 2-in-1 Trainer cards and Giovanni's Plans certainly fits the bill! I hope the amount is as least up to 6.

Jessie Mulay

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my goodness they look AMAZING. I was hoping for a FA Sycamore (could still happen) but this is good for now.

Effects are pretty good too.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Finally good news! Great Art indeed! And I really like that R/B characters are back!

Bridgette is such a great card.
-> Search for 3 basic non EX
-> Search for Hoopa -> Search for 3 EX

Probably Gio, is an alternative Muscle Band... So it's sad that we won't see a reprint :/

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Bridgette will be exciting to use, Giovanni looks a bit more intricate. I don't know how useful it is over stuff like Shaymin and Muscle Bands, but I guess testing it in a deck is the only way to go.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Really glad to see a new Pokemon Collector to help support all these poor non-EXs! I'm really quite excited about this reveal.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
So happy we've finally had confirmation that FAs are staying. T_T And based on their set numbers we can assume that we'll still be getting FAs for the EX and M-EX Pokémon in the set, too.

That said, I had to look up who Bridgette was. >_> I didn't even know Pokémon Bank chick had a name, but I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

I'm still overall kind of disappointed in this set, but keeping the FAs at least makes it bearable.

Victor Freitas

Aspiring Trainer
Finally good news! Great Art indeed! And I really like that R/B characters are back!

Bridgette is such a great card.
-> Search for 3 basic non EX
-> Search for Hoopa -> Search for 3 EX

Probably Gio, is an alternative Muscle Band... So it's sad that we won't see a reprint :/
I don't think that will be possible. Because you use Hoopa's ability only by playing it from your hand. And Bridgette seems to put them directly onto the bench.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Bridgette was in Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire too, other than the newer PokéBank ;) Totally love her full art card, and Giovanni's full art card is freaking epic, thank you Ken Sugimori for existing lol... I'm so excited about the return of Misty and Giovanni!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
zomg Bridgette. Please add Looker as well kthx.

Okay, again, in what previous formats, if any, were there named characters on trainer cards that you did not meet in the contemporary main series game?
My wishful thinking is: Misty being in the set, with new sugimori trainer fight artwork with a generic background (just like Teammates, Fan Club, etc) is a hint at Kanto access in the next main series game. More G1 characters kinda supports that.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Giovanni's Plan! If you're not playing that card in a Mewtwo EX deck you're doing things wrong...

And I'm very fond of what it does. If Bianca was in standard I would likely play it over Birch or Shauna. I like to keep those cards that couldn't be used and may be important later on in my hand and draw a reasonable amount of new cards. Obviously you didn't see Bianca much because ''N'' and ''Juniper'' were the better choice (and still are in expanded) I do hope they make it 6 instead of 5 just to make it a little bit better. The second effect is also great, it may just be that K.O. you needed.

And what about Bridgette? except for looking nice, seems like a useless addition to me. How many non EX basics do you need on your bench? considering you already have a Pokemon in play? I just go with Pokémon Fan Club, which gives more variety and puts them into your hand.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
I don't think that will be possible. Because you use Hoopa's ability only by playing it from your hand. And Bridgette seems to put them directly onto the bench.

Oh! I forgot about that... Yup, you're right. The ability won't activate. :p

APokemonTrader

Aspiring Trainer
This card is insane: use compressors to get your energy type and metals in the discard pile: have a couple of bronzong and 1 smeargle you now have energy acceleration for every type!

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I had realy hoped that they would make this set balanced, which they were...until this came out with Golduk break, WTF ARE YOU THINKING POKEMON LAB?!??