'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

iceDA

Aspiring Trainer
well.. regardless of how bad it is its nice they paying attention to underrated poke with these BREAK cards

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
The artwork is great, which is only one of the few standout artworks from the entire set.

However, like this set with the exception of a few cards, it's not playable.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
An absolutely tear-able card. As in, if I pull this in a pack, I'm going to tear it.

Assuming they shove it into XY Break Through.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
This could probably work in expanded with that Gardevoir that makes your [P] energy worth [PP] and the Blend energy or something. It will have its uses.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Assuming they shove it into XY Break Through.
I don't think they'll do that, since we already have the 4 from Red Flash/Blue Impact + Noivern and Raichu. I could see it being a promo of some sorts, maybe a tin or something like that.

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I don't think they'll do that, since we already have the 4 from Red Flash/Blue Shock + Noivern and Raichu. I could see it being a promo of some sorts, maybe a tin or something like that.

Break tins could be cool xD

Blue Shock? *Blue Impact* :p

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
So still, only Noivern and Golduck look like they'll be any good. One thing that bugs me about BREAK cards is that they must need some kind of specialized search support to pull them out of the deck, since they aren't normal Pokemon cards.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
Well, I didn't see this coming.
On its own, it's not that great, but I'll need to see the new regular Beeheyem to make final judgment. Don't forget, the BREAK is only half the battle, and the regular guy could have some energy acceleration ability. I am just assuming there will be a Beeheyem in the set, since the last one is from Plasma (unless I've missed something).

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Finally, a BREAK promo card! Cool artwork and attacks which helps Players using Psychic-type Pokemon to use their attacks,when they become the Active Pokemon like Hoopa. Best partners with Gothitelle of the Expanded set.
But wait! Where is Elygem and the basic Beeheyem in the spoiler? Why only BREAK?

MegaAbsol359

PTCGO IGN: seminc
So still, only Noivern and Golduck look like they'll be any good. One thing that bugs me about BREAK cards is that they must need some kind of specialized search support to pull them out of the deck, since they aren't normal Pokemon cards.

Ultra Ball can still search for Break Pokemon, am I right?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Here's what I don't get. Why would they make a supporter card on a person outside the main series? Regardless it is a card with good art (still prefer Giovanni's plans, and the Skyla ), and a good concept depending on what type of deck is being run. For instance you could pair Bridgette to get something like a mega you need or something like another ex or more basic Pokemon to power up a combo. Last of all yes people are right that Hoopa is not the best pair with Bridgette since it goes directly to the bench.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
See this is a problem if TCPi isn't careful they're gonna start leaking this garbage like Beeheyem BREAK you have no idea how disappointed I am with this 3 psychic energy for that!?! What would annoy me most is if they put these promos in tins and EX boxes instead of the EX. Now that would annoy me.

PoketuberSilver

Aspiring Trainer
I really love the artwork on the Beheeyem card! Gotta say - I'm surprised at the choices for several of these Break Pokemon. Nice to see some less popular Pokemon get something special.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
But wait! Where is Elygem and the basic Beeheyem in the spoiler? Why only BREAK?

Think of it like this remember those old unova tins that came with the starters it's like that