'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Hope they print more gen 1 characters and even gen 2 as well from now on, I'll be really happy with that.

May I ask when Bridgette was ever in a Pokemon game?

As has already been stated, Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire and Pokemon Bank.

Also, I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that Bridgette is arguably more nosebleed-worthy here than Skyla was in her recent full-art.

Edit: Alright, I got ninja'd while I was struggling with the server...

Sweet! I was waiting for a card that has a similar effect of Pokemon Collector like Bridgette to be revealed. I doubt Bridgette will see any play at all in EX heavy decks but I see this being a great card for stage 1/2 decks.

I'm pretty sure that many players will use Giovanni's Plans in the tournaments,I guess 3-4 cards per deck+Shaymin-EX+Muscle Band.
This will power up more Fighting-Type related decks like Hawlucha and Machamp.

I don't feel like Giovanni's plan will be 3-4 with the current meta but once its past xy without muscle band to get more damage you will have to play strong energy for fighting or giovanni's plan after xy base set gets rotated I have a feeling fighting types will be the most use for high hitting damage.

Doduos attack does 10x the number of heads? 20 dmg then?

Yes normaly normal basics suck I hope pokemon will curve the current format from heavy ex's deck even though i'm playing rayquaza/shaymin right now I think it would be better for the game.

Smeargle is interesting. Nothing notable really pops out for its use though. I guess you could run it with Rayquaza EX DRX to switch between lightning/fire in Rayeels/Rayboar/Rayzone? Seems really niche, but I'm sure there will be some deck that makes use of it.

(In regards to the Smeargle) I don't know, maybe I am dumb, but I am not really seeing the usefulness of this ability. To me, it sounds like you aren't really accelerating anything, you are just replacing the type of energy. Maybe this in combination with Golduck BREAK will become something, but right now it seems murky.

Why are the pictures no longer posted on here? We need to go to the JPN twitter to see them, very odd.
WPM said Pokebeach is no longer able to host their own images. However, if you click the names of the cards, they link to the image directly, so you don't have to manually go to Twitter.

How I'd use Smeargle is to tech it in an Aromatisse Fairy Tool box, and replace the Rainbow energies with a particular variety of Basic energy. That way, you could shift energy around, then replace an energy for the active spot. Thus, it would be usable to play without worrying about the Enhanced hammers and Assault Vests ruining the deck.

As has already been stated, Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire and Pokemon Bank.

Also, I'm surprised no one is talking about the fact that Bridgette is arguably more nosebleed-worthy here than Skyla was in her recent full-art.

Edit: Alright, I got ninja'd while I was struggling with the server...

I prefer the Skyla full art myself.

As it may be obvious, I haven't been on this site in ages. But I came back one last time to say: Dang I want that Giovanni!

Wow! Melo is so cool from the art and from the attacks.
I think the Aria forme of Melo will be in the set. 'Ya know,the Psychic one.

Nice to see Meloetta again!

Low HP, but in a Level Ball format I'm okay with it. And I think it's a good card. Most cards that have acceleration through attacks like that leave the Pokemon open, so it's nice to see that she switches.

Her second attack works well with Smeargle (which is probably why they revealed them side-by-side). 110 for 3 on a Fighting type is actually pretty decent.

Back