'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

DarkRay

Aspiring Trainer
Ho-oh ex could be a good choice to pair with the golduck break, if we can really archie a golduck break, it can be a new form of archie blastoise deck

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Golduck and Max Potions.
The old trick of moving your energies out of the way to heal your mons. It's been made even more useful.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
You sure? Steven was exclusive to the Japanese Mega Rayquaza deck and that got a full art in an English set.
Full art Steven was available as promo in Japan, given to customers who purchased 2 booster boxes of Emerald Break... that's why a full art exists

4te

Aspiring Trainer
As an unregistered Professor, I wonder what the ruling is going to be on Golduck BREAK when it comes to Archie's Ace In the Hole? Golduck BREAK doesn't have a retreat cost at all.

Last edited:

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
XY8 will likly be the new base set to replace X and Y currently so better brace for losing those decks and get ready to remove all those X and Y cards that dont get reprinted in the set

I don't think that they would make that much of a change to the rotation they might chop a few set next year but not that many.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
After being intially put off by that first attack, pinsirs heavy slam actually seems quite good and one of the best options for a +retreat cost deck, being a non-EX basic with a decent hp value. Vs mons with even 2 retreat cost and a muscle band youre hitting for 100, which is a solid start. start adding muks and aqua hideouts you can really hit for a lot of damage! 4 muks, aqua hideout and a muscle band on a 4 retreat cost pokemon is 240 damage :D from a basic, non ex mon.

more realistically, 2 muk, aqua hideout, muscle band on a 1 retreat cost mon is dealing 140 damage- which is still pretty good!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
After being intially put off by that first attack, pinsirs heavy slam actually seems quite good and one of the best options for a +retreat cost deck, being a non-EX basic with a decent hp value. Vs mons with even 2 retreat cost and a muscle band youre hitting for 100, which is a solid start. start adding muks and aqua hideouts you can really hit for a lot of damage! 4 muks, aqua hideout and a muscle band on a 4 retreat cost pokemon is 240 damage :D from a basic, non ex mon.
My main problem is the energy cost. I'm very much use to using Beartic FFI and Forretress FLF as main attackers to hit those 240 Primals when they first came out. They had a very noteworthy advantage of being able to abuse Double Colourless Energy, which is vital to stream.

Despite that, I'm excited to remake my old retreat deck for post-Trump Ban (yes, it's old) and XY-on.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
The First Attack... Well, it does have synergy with Shedinja. xD
The Second Attack... It's yet another counter to the Primal cards - which seem to have problems right now with the AOR grass types anyways. But with a Muscle Band, it can deal with Regice and even Golurk AT. The energy cost is high, though...

I don't know how it will fare in real usage, but it may survive as a tech in Sceptile-EX decks, given that Virizion's attack isn't very reliable. Also, other grass-type non-EX basic attackers aren't so good in this format right now. (Which I'm rather annoyed about. T_T)

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Pinsir's first attack might mesh well with Machamp EX actually. It can power up Steaming Mad while avoiding Ariados's poison.

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
Pinsir's first attack might mesh well with Machamp EX actually. It can power up Steaming Mad while avoiding Ariados's poison.

Problem is in 60% of each cases your Machamp would be dead before it could get an advantage out of it...
I think Machamp works better with its second attack and some kind of fighting basic as an early game attacker (Hawlucha as example)

@Lanstar could be funny with Shedinja =P (and maybe eevees for weakness?) but yeah just as a fun deck, i think

Wobawoba21

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure if they announced this and I just missed out or they haven't yet but... Can you break evolution the same turn you evolve into golduck????

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
I get it! Pinsir launches its teammate toward the opponent! hah!

It at least has synergy with Mr Mime, lul.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, the trademark attack thing is common in the TCG... Like Lugia's Elemental Blast or Mewtwo's Psyburn...
A few years ago I was making a list of TCG-exclusive attacks and what cards they appear on but never finished it... oh well...