Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Blah

DBT
Whoever attacks first wins, but close enough :p

N shenanigans can swing mirror matches also. As a note, remember not to bench any EX's until you need to in the mirror so you can deny your opponent those first two prizes.

masterforce

Aspiring Trainer
So now with the rotations, all you can use is Superior Energy Retrieval. Unless Energy Retrieval comes out in this next set since it was in the Kyurem EX/Blastoise Deck. We will see

Fatality

Aspiring Trainer
Should the Black Kyurem EX count move up with the release of Virizon next format. I ran only 2 BKEX and 3 Keldeo EX so ill probably move the bKEX count to 3

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Fatality said:
Should the Black Kyurem EX count move up with the release of Virizon next format. I ran only 2 BKEX and 3 Keldeo EX so ill probably move the bKEX count to 3

I've already been using 3 Black Kyurem and 2 Keldeo, but yeah, after Plasma Blast, people should definitely lower there Keldeo counts to 2. Also with the release of Virizion, less people will be playing Lasers, because of them being useless against Virizion, which is yet another reason to decrease your Keldeo count.

masterforce

Aspiring Trainer
Iven been using 3 BKEX as well, since my thought was just to OHKO them. It instantly puts pressure on them and their max potions dont work. Lol.

Jumpy

Aspiring Trainer
Why not just counter Genesect/Virizon with a good ol' Mewtwo?

Also is the BCR Black Kyurem acceptable for this deck? Or does it HAVE to be Plasma Storm. Cuz there's no way I can get 3 plasma storm BKEX. But I can get the promo BCR ones by trading my mewtwos or just buying them.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Jumpy said:
Why not just counter Genesect/Virizon with a good ol' Mewtwo?

Also is the BCR Black Kyurem acceptable for this deck? Or does it HAVE to be Plasma Storm. Cuz there's no way I can get 3 plasma storm BKEX. But I can get the promo BCR ones by trading my mewtwos or just buying them.

Obviously, it doesn't HAVE to be PLS, but you're much better off without it. I would even argue the deck really isn't competitive without it and Tropical Beach. I would suggest a different deck in this case, as it's not going to be doing much w/out BKEX and Beach.

Jumpy

Aspiring Trainer
Any decks you would recommend? I'm kind of on a budget but I was thinking darkrai. Only card in that deck I can't afford are catchers, which Ill save up for eventually.

Also I think the deck can easily be competitive with Kyurem EX from plasma blast. I'm not gonna have beach anytime soon, but Poke Center will do just to eliminate Virbank. It's a good deck in my opinion. Kyurem EX is weak to steel and can hit 150 every turn, making Genesect less of a challenge, and blastoise rolls over landorus in any situation. Pooka ran it without beach, I know that's pooka and Im not as skilled as him, but there's no way blastoise is a "bad deck"

Blah

DBT
If you can't afford this entire deck, I think it's best to find another option. It's true that it's very expensive, but without Beach and Black Kyurem EX you won't get very far.

Jumpy

Aspiring Trainer
Any recommendations on a cheaper deck? What solid deck can I run that's not as expensive as Blastoise?

Blah

DBT
This is slightly off topic but...

Right now? Darkrai is probably your best bet.

After the rotation? Plasma will probably be very inexpensive because of the tins. There are also a few other decks that did ok in Japan (no idea if they're actually playable or not) like Trubbish/Sigilyph/Masquerein and Suicune/Terrakion/Silver Mirror.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
DrunkSpinda said:
Also, what do you think of Scoop Cyclone as the new ace spec for this?
It's not going to be horrible, but every tier one deck will be able to one shot you somehow, so it's not amazing. I'd rather have Comp Search or Dowsing Machine.

Blah

DBT
^ that

It's got some uses because redistributing energy or taking something off the field can be a huge help, but due to the OHKO nature of the format, it seems outclassed by the other ACE SPEC's. If they aren't OHKOing your attackers, you're probably going to win anyway with this deck .-.

masterforce

Aspiring Trainer
DrunkSpinda said:
Also, what do you think of Scoop Cyclone as the new ace spec for this?

Scoop Cyclone would be awesome is they made a Blastoise-EX, but since you have to get a stage 2 out by T2 id rather use Comp Search or Downsing Mach.

DrunkSpinda

Awakening!
Lately I've been using Dowsing Machine over CPU, but I keep alternating them between tournaments, cuz I can't decide :C

zero2exe

Aspiring Trainer
So how about running Silver Mirror (for Blastoise) or adding a Suicune tech against VG?
I'm aware the silver mirror is easily removed by tool scrapper but it also means for the VG player to have an extra card in their hand before attacking (and let's face it no one runs more than 1-2 tool scrappers which could also be priced anyway).