Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

I don't see what a Suicune tech does. Either its the only thing you have out, in which case if they run a non-EX or G-Booster they just win, or you have other things out in which case they just Catcher/Red Signal around Suicune. Suicune's attack isn't really threatening either. Right now decks only run 1-2 Tool Scrapper, but imo any deck shut down by Silver Mirror should be running 2-4 Scrappers to counter that. The matchup really isn't so bad for Blastoise that you /need/ techs for it anyway.

Quick two newb questions here.

I recently switched to this deck from PlasmaKlang. Will this deck still be ok after the modified rotation?

Also I can't get the tropical beaches for about a week or two, but still want to mess around with this to get a feel for it. I'm playing all PTCGO in just casual games, so I know it won't be a world beater, but it's not like all people are playing T1/T2 decks anyways. So what would be a good replacement for the Beach's just for a bit? More corless?

And here's the answers :D

Yes the deck is still amazing after the rotation just is more BKEX focused, which means running only 1-2 maximum of Keldeo. Tropical Beachs is just too good to pass up, so borrow it for major tournaments, but you can still win BR's without it :)

MrGatr said:
And here's the answers :D

Yes the deck is still amazing after the rotation just is more BKEX focused, which means running only 1-2 maximum of Keldeo. Tropical Beachs is just too good to pass up, so borrow it for major tournaments, but you can still win BR's without it :)

Yea I'm playing PTCGO (there is not even tournaments atm), so what would I replace them with for the moment?

Pokemon Center is really helpful against stuff like Landorus, Darkrai, and Kyurem, but really my friends just replaced them with 2 consistency things (one even ran 1-1 Roserade DRX) It's all up to you :)

I only recently started playing blastoise / keldeo, can any experienced players give me a few tips on how to run the deck successfully, where i play i noticed an overloaded amount of plasma decks, and they set up extremely quick, can anyone give a few tips also on how to play against plasma decks aswell as maintaining overall consistency against other deck such as darkrai. Im currently running 2 beach, is it better if i do run 3?

Legendary_Entei said:
I only recently started playing blastoise / keldeo, can any experienced players give me a few tips on how to run the deck successfully, where i play i noticed an overloaded amount of plasma decks, and they set up extremely quick, can anyone give a few tips also on how to play against plasma decks aswell as maintaining overall consistency against other deck such as darkrai. Im currently running 2 beach, is it better if i do run 3?

I'm not a guy you should go to on how many Beaches you should run, but I can give you some tips to beating Plasma. Focus on getting out as many Squirtle's and Blastoise' as you can. Even if you don't have any Black Kyurem's or Keldeo's out yet. Definitely run a high Squritle and Ultra Ball count, as well as 1 Level Ball.

Take out those Kyurem's and Absol's first. Start powering up your Keldeo and Catcher them. Even though it's temping to go after those EX's to win twice as fast. They're going to be using those 2 to knock out your Blastoise, and if you don't have Blastoise, you're in trouble. If you don't kill them, and just Catcher up Deoxys and Black Ballista them, they'll keep sending up their non EX Pokemon, and you're eventually going to have to attack them anyways.

It's also just a bad match up in general. It's the fastest, and has the best non EX attackers. Both things Blastoise hates.

Also, I noticed you didn't mention Black Kyurem EX in your post. If you don't run it, start running it. Just straight Blastoise/Keldeo has a horrible match up against Plasma, since if you load up your Keldeo, they'll just Helix Force you to death.

So... For next Seasons BR's, and Cities possibly I'm debating between Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo EX, Plamsa, and Blastoise/BKEX/Keldeo, but I don't have money for tropical beach, anyone got any ideas of what I should do?

MrGatr said:
So... For next Seasons BR's, and Cities possibly I'm debating between Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo EX, Plamsa, and Blastoise/BKEX/Keldeo, but I don't have money for tropical beach, anyone got any ideas of what I should do?

The best thing I've found is Tornadus EX PF, with some Float Stones. Windfall is a incredibly good attack, it's just too bad this isn't the best deck to take advantage of it, since you don't normally run Switching cards.

Has anyone thought about the Kyurem-EX coming out with Plasma Blast? Seems pretty good, but I am a total newb so was curious what the consensus was on it.

I don't like it at all. Due to how every deck is either OHKOing or 2HKOing EXes, Outrage isn't a great attack on it. Either it'll just 2HKO an EX (but only if you've already been hit once, so that doesn't help) or it'll be totally useless as you're being OHKOed. Since this deck doesn't run Laserbank, 150 doesn't do a ton for you; its kind of rare that you'd be able to KO something with the 150 that you wouldn't with 130 (4 energy on Keldeo) and you have no way of making 150 OHKO EXes, so BKEX wins there.

In Japan, the majority of successful Blastoise decks are running V-Create Victini to counter VirGen. What does everyone think of that?

wrags23 said:
In Japan, the majority of successful Blastoise decks are running V-Create Victini to counter VirGen. What does everyone think of that?

That gets rotated out. I'd also like some links to decks running it actually doing well; this is the first I've heard of that.

I tried 2 Keldeo EX/2 BKEX/1 Kyurem EX PLB. I didnt really liked it because yea you can outrage but OHKO is so much better, and what if you dont get a BKEX in play? You can OHKO nothing. I just think it ruins consistency.

Has anyone tested silver mirrors and/or suicune techs in this? Protecting blastoise and forcing the tool scrapper AND catcher is cool. It just blows trying to power up suicune.

I haven't had much luck with Suicune. I think you're better off hitting them 1HKO or 2HKO instead of finding an extra 3 energy for a 3HKO.

I've been using the plasma Kyurem as a third attacker, in part because of Suicune and Sigilyph. Any thoughts on that?

...I'm not entirely sure why Sigilyph or Suicune is ever a concern. Blastoise handles them both with ease.

To be entirely honest, this deck doesn't need to tech anything except maybe Tool Scrapper, and that's only if you're really concerned about Garbodor (which appears to be rather unpopular at the moment). You can do so much damage once you set up that you can overwhelm pretty much everything.

DillanTheChamp said:
Has anyone tested silver mirrors and/or suicune techs in this? Protecting blastoise and forcing the tool scrapper AND catcher is cool. It just blows trying to power up suicune.
A 1-of Suicune is just too easy for any good deck to KO. Silver Mirror is wasted space wile everyone and their mother runs tool scrapper. Neither of the cards is worth the space.

Hey, I'm new, and I'm also making this deck for my first battle roads :). Here is my decklist:
Pokemon x18
x4 Keldeo EX
x4 BC Squirtle
x1 Wartortle BC
x3 Blastoise BC
x2 Suicune Plasma Blast
x1 Moltres (PlasmaKlang Counter) ND I think
x2 Mewtwo EX
x1 Black Kyurem EX PS
T/S/S x28
x3 Max Potion
x4 Pokemon Catcher
x3 Ultra Ball
x4-3 Skyla
x4-3 Rare Candy
x1 Scramble Switch or Computer Search
x3 Energy Retrieval
x2 Super Rod
x3 N
x1 Colress
Energy x14
x11 Water Energy
x3 Prism Energy

Please tell me what you think! Before posting, please keep in mind I'm trying to keep this deck cheep but effective, so I can't afford any Tropical Beach '-_-. I'm trying do decide between Skyla or Rare Candy having x4, and if I should use Scramble Switch or Computer Search as my ace spec. I'm also thinking about switching suicune for Plasma Kyurem (either one or two). If I do one, I'll add in another trainer, most likely an ultra ball so I could use scramble switch, or just use x4 of both Skyla or Rare Candy. Feedback is appreciated! Oh, and I'd like to use this deck this Fall so... any input as soon as possible would be great!

x4 Keldeo or go home

Back