Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Blastoise and emboar decks are still good decks, and they will sill be played in spite of the druddigon. Like Machamp the champion said people will just attack more with reshiram, delphox, or keldeo EX all are good attackers that get passed by because the Black Kyurem EX and Rayquaza EX are just such good attackers.

I agree with the above posts. Especially when this deck has other good attackers as well.

How do you all think this deck is doing in the current meta-game? I just started playing it and I think it's extremely fun. I feel like this deck has some heart. Ha ha.

With the potential Tropical Beach rotation, what other cards are you guys considering?

I'm not a Blastoise player myself, but without Beach, the deck will more than likely take a huge hit. Furthermore, you're gonna lose Squirtle with the Shell Shield Ability, making them prone to Landorus and Kyurem. That's not good.

I feel like it can be a good play in the right meta, especially with all the fire stuff taking over, a la pyroar/mega char decks. heres my current list:

3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo EX
1 Blastoise EX
1 M Blastoise EX
1 Greninja EX
2 Suicune

14 Water

4 Sycamore
4 N
4 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
4 SER
4 Candy
4 Letter
2 Bicycle (gonna replace these with megaphones)
1 Scoop Up Cyclone ACE SPEC

I know a lot of people would laugh at this list, and im not a supercompetitive player, but i took this to a prerelease and 2 leagues and im 6-2 with it so far, so its doing really well. My wins were over Klinklang, RayBoar, and 2 wins over Pyroar as well as a mirror match win. So the deck def isnt dead by any stretch, and theres ways around beach. maybe Delphox would work here simply as a 2-2 card drawing tech? Obviously you wouldnt be attacking with it, but the Mystical Fire would still help, who says just because it's fire that you cant play it in Blastoise? Oh, and the Mega is way better than most people think IF you know how to build around it. At least IMO, but youre gonna get naysayers. So take from that what you will.

skyla27 said:
I feel like it can be a good play in the right meta, especially with all the fire stuff taking over, a la pyroar/mega char decks. heres my current list:

3 Squirtle
1 Wartortle
3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo EX
1 Blastoise EX
1 M Blastoise EX
1 Greninja EX
2 Suicune

14 Water

4 Sycamore
4 N
4 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
4 SER
4 Candy
4 Letter
2 Bicycle (gonna replace these with megaphones)
1 Scoop Up Cyclone ACE SPEC

I know a lot of people would laugh at this list, and im not a supercompetitive player, but i took this to a prerelease and 2 leagues and im 6-2 with it so far, so its doing really well. My wins were over Klinklang, RayBoar, and 2 wins over Pyroar as well as a mirror match win. So the deck def isnt dead by any stretch, and theres ways around beach. maybe Delphox would work here simply as a 2-2 card drawing tech? Obviously you wouldnt be attacking with it, but the Mystical Fire would still help, who says just because it's fire that you cant play it in Blastoise? Oh, and the Mega is way better than most people think IF you know how to build around it. At least IMO, but youre gonna get naysayers. So take from that what you will.

Interesting build. I definitely agree with the Suicune.

It's funny you mention Delphox because I was just thinking of putting it in this deck. 2-2 line is exactly what I was thinking. Either that or the 2-2 Electrode line.

Electrode worked ok for me, but i only ran a 1-1 line, and i almost never saw it on my board halfway through a match. Oh, and with Lysandre, I have to say that even though you want Shell Shields, they arent an absolute necessity, just make sure your squirtles have 60 HP and try to get 2 of them down on the first turn if you can. Suicune is awesome for buying time in this regard. Also might i add that with a t2 blastoise, now that dark patch will be gone, it will be way harder for Yveltal EX's to destroy your Keldeos in one hit if your opponent isnt running some sort of accel. 170 damage turn 2 is tough to stop. Also, the megaphones kill Garbo, so definitely replace the bicycles with those if you can.

Back