Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Keldeo EX FTW said:
Hey, I'm new, and I'm also making this deck for my first battle roads :). Here is my decklist:
Pokemon x18
x4 Keldeo EX
x4 BC Squirtle
x1 Wartortle BC
x3 Blastoise BC
x2 Suicune Plasma Blast
x1 Moltres (PlasmaKlang Counter) ND I think
x2 Mewtwo EX
x1 Black Kyurem EX PS
T/S/S x28
x3 Max Potion
x4 Pokemon Catcher
x3 Ultra Ball
x4-3 Skyla
x4-3 Rare Candy
x1 Scramble Switch or Computer Search
x3 Energy Retrieval
x2 Super Rod
x3 N
x1 Colress
Energy x14
x11 Water Energy
x3 Prism Energy

Please tell me what you think! I'm trying do decide between Skyla or Rare Candy having x4, and if I should use Scramble Switch or Computer Search as my ace spec. I'm also thinking about switching suicune for Plasma Kyurem (either one or two). If I do one, I'll add in another trainer, most likely an ultra ball so I could use scramble switch, or just use x4 of both Skyla or Rare Candy. Feedback is appreciated! Oh, and I'd like to use this deck this Fall so... any input as soon as possible would be great!

x4 Keldeo or go home

Um . . . If you want help you should post in the Deck List Help section.

OH personel messaging... I get it...

If anyone else wants to say anything about my deck, go ahead. I actually have 2 colress in my deck. I also might switch suicune for plasma kyurem and maybe tech in bouffalant from dragons exalted and/or tool scrapper.

Guys, in the future, let a mod handle something like that if you think it's out of place. I appreciate you helping another member, but it's better if a mod does it so that we can keep rules consistent and so you don't end up pissing off another member if you tell them something wrong.

It's alright this time, just giving a heads up for the future. Just make sure you get back on topic for now ^_^

Blah said:
Guys, in the future, let a mod handle something like that if you think it's out of place. I appreciate you helping another member, but it's better if a mod does it so that we can keep rules consistent and so you don't end up pissing off another member if you tell them something wrong.

It's alright this time, just giving a heads up for the future. Just make sure you get back on topic for now ^_^

Sorry Blah! My friend runs this deck but he refuses to run BKEX which is kind of ridiculous to me.

It's okay, I won't be pissed if someone gives me constructive criticism since it's, well, constructive! Oh, and I am running BK EX but only one.

Keldeo EX FTW said:
It's okay, I won't be pissed if someone gives me constructive criticism since it's, well, constructive! Oh, and I am running BK EX but only one.

I meant one of my other friends lol

Okay, this is my finalized deck list:

Pokemon x15

Keldeo EX x4 (I already had all four since I bought them, making up for the BK EX)
Squirtle x4 BC
Wartortle x1 BC
Blastoise x3 BC
Suicune x2 Plasma Blast
Black Kyurem EX x2 PS

T/S/S x30

Pokemon Catcher x4
Level Ball x1
Ultra Ball x3
Tool scrapper x2
Skyla x4
Rare Candy x3
Scramble Switch x1
Superior Energy Retrieval x3
Juniper x3
N x4
Colress x2

Energy x15

Water Energy x11
Prism Energy x4

If you want to tell me any last minute tips, I'd be glad to. I'll have to order the cards by tomorrowish, so any advice would help.

Does anyone think I should switch my suicunes for tool scrapper, max potion, pokemon centers, or super rods? I might, but I still think suicune is a decent EX counter... any suggestions for techs would be helpful, as I might replace suicune, but probably won't unless I already have the card (like pokemon center and super rod)

Although I've officially purchased my cards, I am still interested in any good tech ideas most likely in place of suicune.

Here are my suggestions:

-1 Keldeo (3 is plenty.)
-1 Suicune (Test it out but I think one is find as a tech.)

+1 Heavy Ball (Great for Blastoise)
+1 Energy Retrieval (So you don't always have to discard.)

Hope it helps!

ive been running the blastiose/keldeo for a while and in my opinion i would use 1 suicune, 1/2 manaphy (the ability one), and 1 of the new plasma kyurem. Plasma is a big threat im even going to play test silver mirror for the none ex. Something to look into.

I think the manaphy is kind of pointless. Generally, it just gives your opponent a free KO and can only be used for poorly recycling energies. Sure it lets you search for any card when KOed, but it is still a large price to pay for a single card that could easily be searched through other means... Also, I think silver mirror is additional wasted deck space since it is easily discarded through tool scrapper, a pretty highly run card. It also can only be attached to non-EX. What with this deck's main attackers being EX, it doesn't help much. If you are referring to the plasma blast Kyurem EX, I don't really care for it. Outrage is only useful after taking heavy damage and will be KOed next turn anyway letting your opponent take 2 prizes, which is a pretty hefty sacrifice. Additionally, It's secondary attack is only somewhat better than plasma freeze kyurem's blizzard burn.

Regarding my deck, I do agree on a bunch of those changes. I think 3 Keldeo would be enough, but I'd probably replace it with another BK EX if I can get one. Since Virizion EX/ Genesect is pretty big, BK EX is a good backup to allow you to OHKO anything. Although I can't afford one, if I can trade for one, that would be awesome! Same goes for tropical beach, except that I most likely won't find any for trade. :( I do see however where you're coming from with the superior energy retrieval though. I'm thinking I'd prefer 2 super rod over the energy retrieval though, since they can recycle both energy and pokemon, both easily obtained through the many hand renewal cards. :) I think heavy ball is cool since it can search for blastoise and BK EX, but I don't have any, so I'll have to trade. I've heard from many that suicune doesn't work well and takes up deck space as any well prepared deck can forcefully switch it with either pokemon catcher or Red Signal (Genesect). They are also easily OHKOed or 2HKOed by most non-EX. So, I'm thinking to replace the suicune with either 2 max potion or 2 super rod and then replacing the Keldeo EX with either BK EX, heavy ball, rare candy, or a max potion or super rod depending on which I use. I think max potion would be useful in combination with scramble switch to avoid discarding, so I'll think about it. Thanks for the input :D

I think an important part of this deck is being able to cycle energy in the discard too, due to the OHKO tendencies of this format and the BK EX thing... does anyone else agree with me?

You would pretty much a one track mind to think that way about manaphy. You dont understand how little one ko is to have a juniper at a one card hand, or the final piece to a combo that you cant get any other way. ive been playing manaphy and let me tell you, no on wants to attack a manaphy because they know its a auto catcher or auto anything you need. The way the format is now, plasma cards are dominating why wouldnt you want your blastoise to be protected with a silver mirror? Sure tool scrapper is out there but are you going to tell me no one is playing tools cause of that? of course not. Also silver mirror on a suicune and you have a shield out there protecting you while you set up. again tool scrapper or catcher but thats something you always have to deal with. i DONT mean ex kyurem i meant the 120 cant attack next turn one. Its a good tech card, and goes through a lot of blocks.

saiko305 said:
You would pretty much a one track mind to think that way about manaphy. You dont understand how little one ko is to have a juniper at a one card hand, or the final piece to a combo that you cant get any other way. ive been playing manaphy and let me tell you, no on wants to attack a manaphy because they know its a auto catcher or auto anything you need. The way the format is now, plasma cards are dominating why wouldnt you want your blastoise to be protected with a silver mirror? Sure tool scrapper is out there but are you going to tell me no one is playing tools cause of that? of course not. Also silver mirror on a suicune and you have a shield out there protecting you while you set up. again tool scrapper or catcher but thats something you always have to deal with. i DONT mean ex kyurem i meant the 120 cant attack next turn one. Its a good tech card, and goes through a lot of blocks.

A little shortminded imo. At minimum TDK runs 2 scrapper. And if you can fit more than 2 mirror into your list you definitely don't have enough consistency cards. If you can even fit one I'de be questioning your draw/search support. It's really not the place for silver mirror, blastoise is tight on space as is. If you're playing Kyurem PZ for it's non-ex standing that's a flaw as well. Blastoise can be a valid attacker on anything that prevents ex attacks namely suicuine and sigilyph in this format, and again the more techs you add the less room you have for consistency cards.

Back