Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

masterforce said:
I played Keldeo/Blastoise/BKEX at US Nationals. Went 3-6. I got donked 3 times in a row because I only had a Squirtle....

Obvious solution is to add Exeggcute Blastoise has problems with that in general, almost more so than Eels or Gothitelle. Other basics you could add are another Keldeo, Mr. Mime and Baby Black Kyurem/other non EX attacker.,

masterforce said:
Ive tried Baby Keldeo and Baby BK and i never get to use them unless its a Klingklang match up.
Well you could add a Mr. Mime. And you could add a Baby Keldeo or BK just for Klingklang. It makes the Matchup easier

Just add a mr. mime. It's great in that deck against darkrai, but the real thing it helps out against is Kyurem, without that bench damage it's a sub-par attack. The 2nd deck at canadian nats ran it and I believe the first might have as well.

Alot of people say Mr.Mime sucks because of Pokemon Catcher. But the Truth is be happy they wasted a Catcher and Mr.Mime stalled a turn. And if they do not Pokemon Catcher then no damage to the bench (so it is a win-win situation).

And if they DO catcher and KO mime, then they wasted a catcher and you can also play the 7-prize game.

Mr. Mime only really helps against Plasma, and Max Potion is probably better. It's counterproductive against Darkrai because it fills your bench, giving Absol chances to one-shot things.

It can heal off built up damage over time, while Mime only stops Kyurem snipe damage. They're both fairly situational cards, but Max Potion has more times it can be used. The drawback is that Max Potion is only a one-time use, but it can win games. I probably wouldn't play either because this deck needs to focus on consistency, but if you want one, Max Potion is the better choice in my eyes (I hate the counterproductivity thing against Darkrai).

While mime does hurt with absol in play, once he's taken out mime is a better choice. With some variants of TDK playing absol too, you just need to focus some effort on taking it out before you load up your bench, after it's gone you can max your bench space out while taking minimal damage from kyurem and Darkrai.

If it's good enough for the 2nd place (and maybe first, I forget) canadian national champion it's good enough for me.

It was only in a top 4 list from Canadian nats.

And against Darkrai, you're never really going to take out all the Absol. They often use Absol as a late game attacker. You also don't really have much of a choice of what you attack; you have to clear energy off the field no matter what it is.

Oh yeah you're right. I saw it in the mirror, however if most darkrai players play like you do (I play the same way) and attack with absol when my opponent hits 4/5 benched Mr. Mime can still be of much use.

Even if he protects from benched damage for 3 turns, thats 90 hp saved, and while it boosts absol's attack it's definitely worth looking into. As mentioned before it also puts your opponent in a difficult position. Either use a catcher and take the mime out, or deal with no bench damage, and it's a good position to be in either way.

SheNinja said:
Kecleon?! Haven't seen that card. *checks*

Why is this played lol

It's decent in Blastoie mirrors. It trades prizes well with Black Kyurem, and it can also use Secret Sword for 170 if they kill it with Keldeo.

^

It's a non EX that can take out pretty much any attacker in the mirror. Truthfully, teching for mirror is a little bit silly considering mirrors are generally EXTREMELY one-sided, but if you feel the need to tech it isn't bad.

Why would you play laser when you OHKO everything anyway x___x

It's a tech for the mirror and has pretty much no other use. Another reason why I think it isn't necessary or a good use of space.

Back