Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

petertclo said:
I played TDK against a really streamlined Blastoise deck, it just ripped me a new one with Black Ballista...
A well-made Blastoise deck is capable of tearing holes in every deck in this format because lol200dmg.

edit: with the next set and Genesect, I suppose Blastoise will start to fade away because of the weakness to the newest kid in the block...

What about Using Mew Ex to Tech againts Genesect....Mew can still abuse the water energy

So I have seen a lot of mewtwos instead of black kyurem ex wining nationals in other countries? What's the perks of mewtwo over black kyurem

Edit which one do you guys think is better

jedininja12 said:
petertclo said:
I played TDK against a really streamlined Blastoise deck, it just ripped me a new one with Black Ballista...
A well-made Blastoise deck is capable of tearing holes in every deck in this format because lol200dmg.

edit: with the next set and Genesect, I suppose Blastoise will start to fade away because of the weakness to the newest kid in the block...

What about Using Mew Ex to Tech againts Genesect....Mew can still abuse the water energy

Keldeo isn't really a main attacker in many Blastoise decks any more, and with its pathetic hp Mew is KOed by a snipe+direct hit from Genesect anyway, making it not much more durable than Keldeo. The most useful part of Keldeo any more is the ability anyway. Plus, Mew takes up space in your decklist, is a poor card to have to start with, and takes up a space on your bench, which can occasionally hurt you.

zapper1998 said:
So I have seen a lot of mewtwos instead of black kyurem ex wining nationals in other countries? What's the perks of mewtwo over black kyurem

Edit which one do you guys think is better

BKEX is completely reliant on Blastoise. The strategy behind the Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo deck doesn't need Blastoise all game. If you load 6 energies on Keldeo, and they take out Blastoise, you still have 6 energies on Keldeo. Using Mewtwo for other Mewtwo and Deoxys.

I'm all onboard for Mewtwo > BKEX because it's just not as Blastoise focused.

MrGatr said:
BKEX is completely reliant on Blastoise. The strategy behind the Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo deck doesn't need Blastoise all game. If you load 6 energies on Keldeo, and they take out Blastoise, you still have 6 energies on Keldeo. Using Mewtwo for other Mewtwo and Deoxys.

I'm all onboard for Mewtwo > BKEX because it's just not as Blastoise focused.

Ok so I just assume 3 mewtwos for mewtwo/deoxys wars so does the focus switch to getting five energies on to mewtwo to beat TDK? Also how does this deck do against blastoise/black kyurem and darkrai?

MrGatr said:
BKEX variant doesn't like losing Blastoise... Darkrai is simple, Keldeo em to death.

So against black kyurem/blastoise don't even shift any of your focus to black kyurem just blastoise first then anything that's left?

If you can take out their Blastoise, they get one Black Ballista, then you can just win because of consistency.

MrGatr said:
If you can take out their Blastoise, they get one Black Ballista, then you can just win because of consistency.

Alright! Thanks for all the input I might put up a deck list later we can talk about

Edit. Do you use 2 or 3 beaches and 3 or 4 blastiose

petertclo said:
Not really, genesect while powerful still needs at least 2 turns to setup (assuming colress machine) which is enough time to setup your blastoise and BK-EX to get the kill, so it really falls to the consistency of the blastoise deck. Regardless genesect deals a not so devastating 100HP+20 damage on its own and since Blastoise decks rely on BK nowadays the only threat would be losing your Blastoise (which you should aim to setup at least 2 anyway) or one Keldeo due to weakness. This is all assuming no G-Booster of course but I still doubt Genesect will be able to keep a constant stream of energy to deal 200 damage like BK does. Also G-Booster is an ace spec so a tool scrapper or KO will get rid of it for good unless they run shadow triad (which means no draw supporter that turn), it may even be prized for that matter.

edit: Personally I would be more worried about Darkrai and other Virbank users with the release of Virizion.

zapper1998 said:
MrGatr said:

Alright! Thanks for all the input I might put up a deck list later we can talk about

Edit. Do you use 2 or 3 beaches and 3 or 4 blastiose

3 the most, 2 atleast :)

gamercal said:
Hmm hmm... I must admit I'm not sure what the point of HTL in Blastoise is, considering the focus on OHKO's with Kyurem, but if that is the case then maybe Virbank is somewhat useful. How has the laser thing been going in testing?
In some testing (vs. PlasmaKlang or Garbodor variants), the HtLs were quite useful - in situations where I needed an extra 10 damage; but overall, I'll replace the HtLs and resort to another tech Poké for PlasmaKlang matchups.

Blueinvader said:
What kind of non-EX attackers are there? I seen some with Baby Keldeo and that's it.

Baby Black Kyurem and Plasma Kyurem are also decent non EX attackers. All of them kind of suck, which I why I don't even bother with them and just use Blastoise as my non-EX attacker.

I played Mewtwo/Keldeo/Blastoise at this weekend's Portugal Nationals(my first nationals, have only been playing for 4 months) and got to top 16 :3

I played Keldeo/Blastoise/BKEX at US Nationals. Went 3-6. I got donked 3 times in a row because I only had a Squirtle.......

masterforce said:
I played Keldeo/Blastoise/BKEX at US Nationals. Went 3-6. I got donked 3 times in a row because I only had a Squirtle....
How many basics do you have in the deck (other then Squirtle?) It could just be bad luck

Back