Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

RE: Keldeo EX / Blastoise (With and without Black Kyurem EX)

What do you guys think of Crygonal from plasma freeze? This guy lets you search you deck for a water pokemon and to the side his second attack is pretty interesting where it does 10 damage and you discard a water energy and the defending pokemon cant attack next turn.

Tbh id much rather beach then search for a single pokemon, seeing how youd only use him first or second turn, isn't worth taking out something for it.

I guess if you don't have access to Tropical Beach it could be viable.

yea but if you dont start with him then its pretty much somewhat useless.

Not really. Even in mid-late game it can win you if you manage to fizzle, it's a great way to get out of a bind

DrunkSpinda said:
Not really. Even in mid-late game it can win you if you manage to fizzle, it's a great way to get out of a bind

Im pretty sure its second attack gets cleared by retreat or switch.

Is Kyurem PLF good in this deck? Would you recommend it?

120 for three is not bad by ANY means. It might be somewhat helpful early game to snipe and stuff, but your goal is to get up Blastoise and fast. With that, your using Tropical Beach. It's a neat tech option, but this deck is so tight for space I'm not sure how you'll pull it off. I think it might be a better option than Black Kyurem, but Cobalion gets you. Then again, Rayquaza gets BK. So...there's a trade-off.

I only use it for my Non-EX attacker. Id rather tropical beach than use him.

I'm trying to build the ball engine for this deck currently testing 3 ultra and 2 heavy (since I'm running 4 Blastoise - 2 BKEX - 1 Kyurem PF) but maybe 5 ball cards are too much? Thinking about removing one ultra since keldeo's and squirtles aren't that hard to find thanks to juniper and tropical beach.

zero2exe said:
I'm trying to build the ball engine for this deck currently testing 3 ultra and 2 heavy (since I'm running 4 Blastoise - 2 BKEX - 1 Kyurem PF) but maybe 5 ball cards are too much? Thinking about removing one ultra since keldeo's and squirtles aren't that hard to find thanks to juniper and tropical beach.

If anything, I'd remove a Heavy Ball, rather then an Ultra Ball. I generally only include Heavy Ball and Level Ball as ways to grab the matching Pokemon with Skyla, and you're not going to use 2 of your Skyla on that same exact thing. At least for me, getting out enough Black Kyurem EX hasn't been that hard, and you usually only need around 1-2 Blastoise per game. If anything, the fact that you run 4 Blastoise makes Heavy Ball even less important, since it becomes easier to draw into Blastoise.

I really like Heavy Ball in here, but I play Plasma Kyurem instead of Black Kyu so maybe that's why. Being able to search out Blastoise/ Black Kyu EX and Plasma Kyurem without cost is very nice, particularly since I only play on PTCGO, so Tropical Beach doesn't exist. Still, searching out an attacker/Blastoise without discarding can be very nice, since then you can use those cards to player Superior Energy Retrieval instead and Black Ballista something.

But yeah, Plasma Kyurem is awesome in here. It's nice to be able to throw out a beefy 120 for 3 attack, especially from a non-EX without a discard. Lacking the Dragon typing is a BIT annoying, but Frost Spear, being more easily searchable and not needing L energy more than makes up for it.

tbh I thought kyurem PF was gonna be a no brainier tech to the deck but after playing many games with my trop beaches hes honestly not that useful, the only thing youd want him for is anti ex and when I played tested against plasma klang iv won by quit a bit, sup energy retrieval really changed the pacing of the deck. My tip for anti ex deck vs balstouise is just load blastouise up and focus on gettign more then one out (I can usually hit 2-3 a game witch helps cause you can easily ohko a klinklang with him). TBH the main focus of the deck now is getting a Blastouise t2 and then swinging with a BK EX that turn and every turn after, I HIGHLY suggest your first turn you get at least 2 squirtles out (i find then that a t2 blastouise is almost impoosible not to get) then just start stacking prizes, and if facing a plasma box deck dont be afraid of taking out a non ex for only 1 prize with BK EX cause it catches your opponent off guard and usually they bank on trying to OHKO you with a non ex in that match up.

What do you think in adding a Tool Scrapper or Max Potion?

And... how many Retrievals should be played?

I play 3 sup one reg seems to work out good, Deff wanna tech in a scrapper, max potion might be decent its just hard to take out things for it.

Wow. 3 Sup. Energy Retrievals?? I only play 3 Reg Energy Retrievals and 1 Super. TBH ive only used Sup. Energy Retrieval a couple times and i find the regular one better. thats why i run 3/1

cheesedoodles408 said:
Hello so I am building this deck and I was wondering what do you guys think of using Tornadus Ex as a tropical beach replacement.

I think it is a good idea. I played that at a Battle Roads last Sunday, and it was actually pretty good. I ended up in second place (in Seniors), only losing to the person in first place.

Back