Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

RE: Keldeo EX / Blastoise (With and without Black Kyurem EX)

400 damage is the same as 200 damage in the Pokemon TCG...

It's implying that you can infinitely kill Rayquaza no matter what tools are on it. Also always say 'boom goes the dynamite' when you black ballista a Rayquaza

I've edited this deck over a while and here is my current list:

3 Squirtle
3 Blastoise
2 Keldeo EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Black Kyurem EX (PLS)
2 Black Kyurem (BCR)

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 N
4 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Rare Candy
3 Skyla
2 Professor Juniper
2 Level Ball
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Pokemon Center
2 Energy Returner
2 Cilan
1 Computer Search

11 Water Energy
3 Lightning

One of the things you might notice is no one-of cards. This is just to improve consistency and I absolutely hate having one of my cards prized. However, there are times when I feel that I could really use the extra space in the deck.

I am using 3 Skyla simply because the one Computer Search acts as a slightly boosted Skyla. Honestly, I almost never really use it to draw out Pokemon.

Energy Returner + Cilan has saved me many times when I can simply trade prizes and set up another attacker.

Since this deck focuses on OHKOs, Pokemon Center doesn't help your opponent too much and it allows me to discard other stadiums.

More N than Juniper is because I have lost many times by over-drawing.

Normal Black Kyurem is just for Klinklang and sometimes prize trading while Mewtwo is there because I feel that it is a vital card in every deck: you can power it up with just a DCE (though I don't run one since I had to remove them for the +3 lightning) + a water to KO an opposing Mewtwo. However, upon later reviewing, I feel that perhaps Mewtwo would be better traded with other supporters now that I have BKEX, it's just that I've been using Mewtwo for a while and it's worked well for me. Would someone mind explaining why Mewtwo seems to be phased out now?

The only cards that I have 4 of: Catcher, N, and Ultra ball are because I feel like they are some of the most important cards. Catcher allows to KO Klinklang, Garbodor, etc, N can disrupt or redraw or both, and Ultra Ball is quite standard and this deck really doesn't mind discarding cards.

After looking at other people's decks, this one seems really different. Any comments? I haven't tested this out at regionals or any kind of official competitions so I really don't know if it works well in really serious metagames or not.

I understand the reasoning behind not having one-of's, but you can't base your decks around prizes, especially since you're really hurting your consistency in the process because you have more than one of cards that don't need to be there.

Energy Returner is also not legal right now, and SER outclasses it anyway.

Also, you need to raise your supporter count. You run 9 draw supporters. I often run upwards of 14-15 and still draw dead. On that note, this deck should ALWAYS run 4 Juniper (as should every deck). You need to burn through your deck to hit those energy as fast as possible because simply using N or Skyla every turn isn't going to cut it. This deck is extremely hand reliant and you need to maximize the cards you can draw every single turn.

Thoughts on plasma badge in here to combat frozen city.

Plasma badge would take up too many valuable slots. Run more stadiums instead.

That list needs a thicker line for stoise. Cilan and energy returner shouldn't be in there. I agree with everything in Blah's post.

RogueChomp said:
Thoughts on plasma badge in here to combat frozen city.

Just run more Tropical Beach or Pokémon Center.

^ that

Most lists won't run more than 1 Frozen City so it's not really something to worry about if you're packing 2-3 Beach + Dowsing. Black Kyurem EX only takes 60 damage from the attachments anyway, which isn't game breaking since Plasma tends to do upwards of 150 most of the time.

Hm... Thanks for the insight. What do you think about normal Black Kyurem and Mewtwo EX? Are there ways to counter Klinklang without needing to run 3 energy types, since even normal Black Kyurem can only 2HKO?

Also, to get Tropical Beach without trading, do you just go to worlds? Do you have to be a competitor to get the card, or can you just be a visitor?

A good Klinklang list will almost always beat Blastoise (as proven by my Regionals run which involved slaughtering 3 Blastoise decks in a row) unless you tech fire, which hurts consistency. I think Klinklang's popularity is falling, but I think it's best to tech in a Black Kyurem regular (which helps a ton in the mirror also) and realize that it's just one of those matchups that's very difficult to win.

To get Tropical Beach you have to be a competitor, lol. Or trade for it. Or buy it. Or borrow it.

So, after analizing it a while, I conclude in adding a non-EX counter, a Black Kyurem regular. But, if I run 3 BKEX, should I cut one? Or keep the 4?

Thanks.

Rizzo said:
So, after analizing it a while, I conclude in adding a non-EX counter, a Black Kyurem regular. But, if I run 3 BKEX, should I cut one? Or keep the 4?

Thanks.

3 EX and 1 non EX is what I'd go with.

I run 3 BKEX - 2 Keldeo EX - 4-3 Blastoise - 1 Kyurem PF - 1 Black Kyurem BC

^ How many energies do you run?

But Kyurem PLF doesn't really work on Klinklang unless it already has some damage on it. You just end up damaging the Klinklang and losing a prize, while at the same time giving him 2 turns to switch out. Why is it so good, then?

Current deck list:

Pokemon: 13
Squirtle x4
Blastouise x4
Keldeo EX x3
BK EX x2

Trainers: 32
Prof. Jun x4
Skyla x4
N x2
Coloress x2
Biance x1
Trop beach x2
Catcher x4
Ultra Ball x3
Sup. energy ret. x3
eng ret x1
sup rod x1
Computer search x1
Float stone x1
Rare candy x3

Energy: 15
Water x12
Electric x3

Thoughts?
My ace spec i'm debating about currently, between Computer search or Dowsing machine
I want to add a 4th candy (somehow my 4th went missing <<;) Not sure what to take out tho.
And I proxie my beaches cause I don't have the money for the legit cards, so I'll be running Poke-centers for Battle Roads

So I played some rounds with my cousin. I was playing Keldeo/BKEX/Blastoise and he was playing Plasma Box. I beat him 5-1. One thing that did happen alot was he was KOing my Blastoise. One round I had to use all 3 of them. My strategy now went from Keldeo to using BKEX's Black Ballista. I was ready by T2 around 80% of the time and T3 by all of them. Even though I won, i am still scared of starting with a Squirtle and getting donked though

Back