Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

okay. im going to go with that because I don't want to spend $100 on a card. haha. So do any of you run lasers with this deck. I was trying to think of what other stadium I can use to counter frozen city

cheesedoodles408 said:
okay. im going to go with that because I don't want to spend $100 on a card. haha. So do any of you run lasers with this deck. I was trying to think of what other stadium I can use to counter frozen city

Pokemon Center would be the best counter stadium that's not Tropical Beach. So many decks do bench damage now that healing that 20 damage can be crucial.

Do not play lasers because this deck 1HKO or 2HKO everything in format. Even with lasers it will not help you. You would be better off using the space for a more consistent T2 Blastoise or T1 Tornadus EX for draw power.

You need to play test more if your using only one sup energy, most of my game have been won of that card, it allows you to reliably attack with bk ex every turn, most of my games go T2 stouise T3-4 full powered bk ex, then just attack and use skyla or draw into sup eng. And take the remaing prizes

what techs are you guys running against plasma basics. I heard that this deck doesn't do too well against that deck. Also what pokemon are you guys running to deal with klingklang decks? Are you guys usually using plasma freeze kyurem

I haven't playtested yet, but I'm warming up to the idea of inserting a 4th Blastoise and actually attacking with him if I need to against Plasma KK. Here is my list tell me what you all think. I could take out a Keldeo, but if Gothigor does become popular I'd like 3 Keldeo in case one gets prized.

Pokemon (13)

4-0-4 Blastoise
3X Keldeo EX
2X Black Kyurem EX

Trainers (33)
4X Juniper
4X N
3X Skyla
1X Colress
4X Catcher
3X Ultra Ball
1X Heavy Ball
1X Float Stone
3X Superior Energy Retrieval
1X Energy Retrieval
4X Rare Candy
1X Computer Search
3X Tropical Beach

Energy (14)
11X Water
3X Lighting

Fatality said:
I haven't playtested yet, but I'm warming up to the idea of inserting a 4th Blastoise and actually attacking with him if I need to against Plasma KK. Here is my list tell me what you all think. I could take out a Keldeo, but if Gothigor does become popular I'd like 3 Keldeo in case one gets prized.

Pokemon (13)

4-0-4 Blastoise
3X Keldeo EX
2X Black Kyurem EX

Trainers (33)
4X Juniper
4X N
3X Skyla
1X Colress
4X Catcher
3X Ultra Ball
1X Heavy Ball
1X Float Stone
3X Superior Energy Retrieval
1X Energy Retrieval
4X Rare Candy
1X Computer Search
3X Tropical Beach

Energy (14)
11X Water
3X Lighting

list looks good. Only thing i would add would be a tool scrapper for garbodor.

is it standard to not play super rod these days?

I played this deck for Battle Roads this weekend. went 2-2 both sat and sun. Plasma decks were everywhere. One thing I was doing was catchering their fully loaded EXs and Black Ballista them for KO, then they had to use Thunderus again and again which pissed them off. I would have gone 3-1 but it I was one turn too late.
If you can get setup and start doing 200 damage turn 2 or 3, Plasma decks (actually any deck out there) wont be able to keep up. As far as KK, there was only 1 person on Sat running it and 2 on Sunday. I only faced it on Sunday and it was pretty much bad. I was able to attack with 2 Blastoise but they kept Max Potion and shift gear. I had to scoop up when they KOed my 4th Squirtle since they already had Plasma Klang out.

^ You can expect a tough PlasmaKlang matchup. But for your TDK matchups, are you getting those Blastoise out quickly enough? Unless you're getting donked and your Squirtles Catchered, I don't see too much of an issue. I think that matchup is relatively even. You have to target Deoxys-EX before they attack you for a crapton of damage. That attack can be devastating, and you have to stop it before they get you back. The BK-EX route is definitely the route to take, even though it is a little tricky to get going.

I was actually getting T2 Blastoise but I had no draw power at all. I put T1 Beach and by T2 it was replaced with Virbank. By T4 got it back with Dowsing Machine but got knocked back next turn with Virbank again. Never even drew a Juniper or N or Skyla. 2nd Beach was prized and all supporters were down in the deck. That was my luck that match.

Are any of you guys running team plasma badges. Ive been thinking of putting one or two in my deck to deal with people running frozen city

Pokemon Center is way better in this deck than Battle City (actually, in any deck except loldurant). And I really can't see a scenario where Plasma Badge would be better than a Stadium if you're just using it to get around Frozen City, especially since they can Tool Scrapper your Plasma Badges after a turn but the only way for them to get around your Stadium is to play another.

cheesedoodles408 said:
Are any of you guys running team plasma badges. Ive been thinking of putting one or two in my deck to deal with people running frozen city
I just run VCGs to counter the Frozen City Stadiums.

Why would you run Virbanks in Blastoise? Surely that just hurts more than it helps. Like sure, it works against Frozen City, but the last thing you would want to do is give opposing lasers more power haha.

gamercal said:
Why would you run Virbanks in Blastoise? Surely that just hurts more than it helps. Like sure, it works against Frozen City, but the last thing you would want to do is give opposing lasers more power haha.
Understood. But it also HELPS my HtLs (*) too. The main point is just to run a counter Stadium to the Frozen City.

* Just in case someone may find the remark "odd" for a Blastoise deck, I'd just like to say that I go through a series of deck "tests" (which include a variety of techs and card combinations) to refine my decks for major, upcoming tournaments. So, the HtL reference just represented a particular test phase.

Hmm hmm... I must admit I'm not sure what the point of HTL in Blastoise is, considering the focus on OHKO's with Kyurem, but if that is the case then maybe Virbank is somewhat useful. How has the laser thing been going in testing?

I played TDK against a really streamlined Blastoise deck, it just ripped me a new one with Black Ballista...
A well-made Blastoise deck is capable of tearing holes in every deck in this format because lol200dmg.

edit: with the next set and Genesect, I suppose Blastoise will start to fade away because of the weakness to the newest kid in the block...

Back