Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Munna v.2, Musharna v.2 added.

Those are actually quite interesting poses you chose for them. Any particular reason why, or did they just come to you and you thought it'd be a good idea?

DNA said:
Those are actually quite interesting poses you chose for them. Any particular reason why, or did they just come to you and you thought it'd be a good idea?

For Munna I just wanted to make a more dynamic pose. Something different from my last piece where it's just floating there. For Musharna I wanted to make my v.2 artwork feature what it looked like when it was awake. I decided to make it looking back at the viewer to amplify the creepy factor of its gaze.

That is the cutest Sugimori-style Munna I have seen in my life. <3

Hey I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the file for Cobalion - "Iron Will" no longer exists.
If you intentionally removed it, it's probably better to remove the hyperlink XD

NidoJosh said:
Hey I'm not sure if you are aware of this but the file for Cobalion - "Iron Will" no longer exists.
If you intentionally removed it, it's probably better to remove the hyperlink XD

I'll fix it. The file is hosted on deviantArt, so the URL must've changed. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Edit: Odd, the URL doesn't work no matter what I do. If you want to see the artwork, go to deviantART and search for Cobalion - it's the third piece listed.

I will be using reshiram LEGEND thanks.

I'll be using the following art for Pokemon cards that will be posted on DeviantArt:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/Xous/EspeonXousFINAL.png
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/243/4/c/blastoise_by_xous54-d2xqh0g.png
Thanks!
EDIT: I'll also be using your Alakazam V. 2 art for a Pokemon card to be posted on DeviantArt!

I'll use the v.2 Shiny Suicune (again, I recall using it way back lol). I'm doing the avatar hop right now |p

Since I'm no longer a staff member, I'm going back to the old Shiny Gardevoir avatar I used to have. Munna and Musharna look great btw. :)

Hehe think I'll be a regular user of your art (If you don't mind ;)
So to make things easier I'll just make it a bit more structured in my posts to help you out ;)

Pokemon Art I wish to Use
~ Giratina Origin Forme v.1
~ Giratina Origin Forme v.2
~ Sharpedo
~ Hydreigon v.1

Sites these will be posted on
~ Deviantart
~ Photobucket (maybe)
~ Pokebeach
~ Maybe some other random sites if that's ok :3

Thanks a lot Xous!

NidoJosh said:
~ Maybe some other random sites if that's ok :3

Thanks a lot Xous!

Sure, that's fine, and no problem. :)
---

I have sketches for Pidove v.2, Tranquill, and Unfezant ready to be outlined and colored in but I'm back on my work schedule so getting artwork done is going to be slow until I get back in the swing of things. I've got an important doctor's appointment on Friday, as well, so depending on the news I get there I may have to start focusing on other things more often. I'll be sure to update if anything changes.

I'll be using the following art for Pokemon cards that will be posted on DeviantArt:
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv149/Xous54/PiplupFINALXous.png
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/Xous/GlaceonXousFINAL.png
Thank you!

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Fate Trio Fakemon added.

Fate Trio Fakemon

This is the "side Trio" of my Fakemon 'dex - the sisters of Fate Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Listed from left to right:

Clothatia (Clotho + Natio, Latin for birth)
Birth's Fate Pokémon
PSYCHIC/GHOST
Ability: Serene Grace
"This Pokémon controls threads of life, which it spins from its arms and grants to each living being at their birth."
Base Stats: (HP/ATK/DEF/S.ATK/S.DEF/SPEED)
130/80/105/90/105/90

Move Learn List
Level/Attack
-- String Shot
-- Wring Out
9 Future Sight
19 Ominous Wind
28 Moonlight
37 Psyshock
46 Healing Wish
55 Fate Bind*
64 Calm Mind
73 Shadow Ball
82 Destiny Bond
91 Psychic

*Signature Move: Fate Bind
GHOST-Type; Power: 95 Acc.: 100 Effect %:-- (Special)
The target becomes unable to switch and cannot raise its stats while it remains on the
field.
---------

Lachevita (Lachesis + Vita, Latin for life)
Life's Fate Pokémon
NORMAL/GHOST
"Lachevita measures the length of the thread provided by Clothatia and determines the duration of one's life from it."
110/90/90/90/90/130

Move Learn List
Level/Attack
-- String Shot
-- Slash
9 Last Resort
19 Ominous Wind
28 Moonlight
37 Tri Attack
46 Wish
55 Fate Bind*
64 Work Up
73 Shadow Ball
82 Destiny Bond
91 Hyper Beam

The target becomes unable to switch and cannot raise its stats while it remains on the field.
----------

Atropotema (Atropos + Mortem)
Death's Fate Pokémon
DARK/GHOST
"When it is time for someone to die, Atropotema cuts their thread of life with her shears and sends them off to the afterlife."
90/120/90/120/90/90

Move Learn List
Level/Attack
-- String Shot
-- Vicegrip
9 X-scissor
19 Ominous Wind
28 Moonlight
37 Dark Pulse
46 Memento
55 Fate Bind*
64 Perish Song
73 Shadow Ball
82 Destiny Bond
91 Guillotine

The target becomes unable to switch and cannot raise its stats while it remains on the field.
----------

Here's what I was thinking when coming up with this Trio:

Their secondary Typing of Ghost is to reflect the fact they're beyond the realm of the living and control the lives of every other being - plus with a lot of my Legendaries I'm trying to use Types that haven't been used much, so it was a natural choice.

Each of their names end in an "a" just so they feel more feminine. Normally I'm not a fan of Legendaries with genders (and for the record, I'm not a fan of humanlike Pokémon) but with these three it just seemed right to give them their rightful gender.

String Shot is one of their base moves because it's a weak move that has to do with strings... Threads, Thread of Life, you see where I'm going with this. They were given Moonlight over something like Recover because I read the Fates are sometimes called the "Triple Moon Goddesses" and that each one represents a phase of the moon.

Clothatia was given Psychic Type because to me it felt best for birth - birth is often considered a miracle, and Psychic-types can do some amazing things that some would consider miracles or magic. Its arms are based on distaffs, which is what Clotho spun the threads of life from.

Lachevita was given Normal Type because I felt it reflected the plainness of living - how life simply "is." After I'd decided on its Types I was happy to read that Lachesis is often depicted dressed in white, so the choice made sense.

Atropotema was given Dark Type because it felt best for death. I understand Dark/Ghost has no weakness, so I tried to give it moves that weren't exactly amazing and avoided giving it stat raising moves.

I am sure you have heard this a lot from many other ppl but... YOUR ART IS SOOOO PERFECT!!!! ♥.♥ You are truly a sugimori-style master!!!!!! envy envy envy...

Clothatia = PURSUIT BAIT
Lachevita = Normal/Ghost lolololololololol
Atropotema = Well, at least it looks pretty cool.

I am intrigued indeed. It's very rare that I see someone make things inspired off characters such as the Three Fates. I'll probably be making DNA-Dex entries for these sometime in the near future.

Oddly enough, this actually reminded me of Golden Sun, because the three most powerful Staff weapons in both GS2 AND GS3 are named after the Three Fates. I bet GS influences will slip in there somewhere, subtly :p

Shiningmilotic said:
I am sure you have heard this a lot from many other ppl but... YOUR ART IS SOOOO PERFECT!!!! ♥.♥ You are truly a sugimori-style master!!!!!! envy envy envy...

xD Thank you!

And to DNA: Oh man I didn't even think of Pursuit when coming up with Clothatia's Typing... I guess the combination is more vulnerable than I thought. D: (I did take the 4x weakness to its sisters into consideration, though. Poor Clothatia...)

As a fellow Golden Sun lover, the weapons definitely inspired me somewhat. It made the myth of the Fates that much cooler, and they're what actually reminded me of the Fates as I was thinking up ideas for the side trio. So... I guess Golden Sun's awesome weapons are the reason these Fakemon exist. xD

Here they are.

#X??? Clothatia: A master seamstress, the fabric wrapped around her wrists is the material form of the lives of countless people who have yet to be born.
#X??? Lachevita: She possesses the ability to proclaim exactly how long a person's life will last. Once she has spoken, that person will live neither a second less nor more.
#X??? Atropotema: Taking a length of thread made by Clothatia, and with the help of Lachevita, she cuts the thread of a person's life right when that person is about to die.

[disclaimer] Like what you see? I've written a ton of other entries like this for real and fake Pokemon alike; just log on to the Pokebeach chatroom, and if I'm there, access the most amazing DNA-Dex with the !dex command! [/disclaimer]

DNA said:
Here they are.

#X??? Clothatia: A master seamstress, the fabric wrapped around her wrists is the material form of the lives of countless people who have yet to be born.
#X??? Lachevita: She possesses the ability to proclaim exactly how long a person's life will last. Once she has spoken, that person will live neither a second less nor more.
#X??? Atropotema: Taking a length of thread made by Clothatia, and with the help of Lachevita, she cuts the thread of a person's life right when that person is about to die.

[disclaimer] Like what you see? I've written a ton of other entries like this for real and fake Pokemon alike; just log on to the Pokebeach chatroom, and if I'm there, access the most amazing DNA-Dex with the !dex command! [/disclaimer]

Those sound great. :)
---

Added Pidove v.2 to the thread. I'm hoping to finish Tranquill and Unfezant (Male) by tomorrow.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Pidove v.2 added.

I have been on this website for a long time now, your art never fails to impress me, keep it up!

Back