Ask a Play! Pokémon Question

RE: Ask a Simple Play! Pokémon Question

ii defy said:
So,
I'm currently a senior and I'm 15 but during the middle of next season I will turn 16. This brings up two questions I'd like to ask...
1.) If I'm 16 am I classed as a senior or a master
2.) If I start the season and compete as a senior and turn 16 (If it is the age where you go into masters) do I continue the rest of the season as a senior or move up to masters?

Thanks

It's based on the year you were born in, not how old you are. If you're a 1998 (or before) child, you'll be in masters for the entire 2013-2014 season.

I was born in 1998, So I'm now a master?
If so, I'm slightly worried.

Right now in the 2012-2013 format, players that were born in 1997 or earlier are Masters. Next year, everyone ages up one year, so players that were born in 1998 or earlier will be Masters. If you were born in 1998, you'll be a Master for the entirety of the season and forever after. Usually this kind of news is akin to telling a kid that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

dmaster out.

ii defy said:

If you're going to words this year, you're still a senior, but after worlds is over, you'll be a master.

dmaster said:
Right now in the 2012-2013 format, players that were born in 1997 or earlier are Masters. Next year, everyone ages up one year, so players that were born in 1998 or earlier will be Masters. If you were born in 1998, you'll be a Master for the entirety of the season and forever after. Usually this kind of news is akin to telling a kid that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

dmaster out.
I'm shocked...

RaichuGirl said:
ii defy said:

If you're going to words this year, you're still a senior, but after worlds is over, you'll be a master.

I just came back from A LONG break...I was a junior when I played and I am now a master...
But yeah thanks for the help.

Does anyone know where Fall Regionals will be?

This information will likely be available after Worlds is over.

It will most likely be sometime in October like it was last year.

dmaster out.

There's multiple locations for Regionals (usually in highly populated areas like Florida, Southern California, Midwest, etc).

dmaster out.

Local (kinda). The last regionals I went to was in Sandston, VA. This included people from Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia (of course), and other places in that area. So I'm assuming its regions like South Eastern and stuff like that.

Edit: Ninja'd

They don't usually go that late. New sets usually come around February time and States are held in the month of March.

I'd say the closer time frame would be November - January.

dmaster out.

Heres the regionals for the vgc: http://nuggetbridge.com/news/first-vgc-14-regional-date-and-locations-revealed/

Im assuming the tcg is the same weekend as the vgc.

Those are all Tournaments that are where people gather to play the Pokemon TCG and the main point of them is that they give Championship Points that allow players to be invited to the World Championships. Battle Roads are the smaller of those four tournaments and Regionals are usually the biggest. This link will probably help you as well: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/play-pokemon-tournaments/

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Those are all Tournaments that are where people gather to play the Pokemon TCG and the main point of them is that they give Championship Points that allow players to be invited to the World Championships. Battle Roads are the smaller of those four tournaments and Regionals are usually the biggest. This link will probably help you as well: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/play-pokemon-tournaments/

dmaster out.

that's an overview, I looking for a little more about each one and what to expect

They're all pretty much the same...The only difference is the size of the event that impacts how many rounds there are, how big the Top Cut is, and what the kicker points are.

You can usually expect to play some games, make some friends, and have a good time. lol

dmaster out.

Battle Roads don't have top cut. Everything else does.

Back