Ask a Play! Pokémon Question

RE: Ask a Simple Play! Pokémon Question

If a pokemons attack does nothing eg. Evee's surprise attack by flipping tails or leafeons energy crush attack because the opponent doesn't have any energy attached. Do the effects of attack busting tool cards still increase damage, or do they only work when there is already damage being done?

Guess I have a similar question as Golden-but...

I've submitted a League app and they already said they did a first/second background check but my League still hasn't gotten sanctioned. Should I be concerned? How should I approach them about sanctioning it in a more timely fashion? (It's been over 2 months)

The pokemon's website event locator isnt really working well for me :/, so does anyone know if there are leagues/tournaments in socal around the fullerton/buena park/anaheim area? Or if there is another way to find out where local leagues might be, that would be greatly appreciated as well :)

Has pokemon announced the dates for the world championships for 2014 that will be in Washington DC?

I ordered my badge case for the xerneas season. I have not participated in that season yet, but I'm afraid tomorrow is the last day of the season(double points day), and I'm going to miss it. Do I have to wait six more weeks, if I'm not a participant within the season it was ordered for(which runs between dates provided on my play! pokemon profile), and participate in the next league season in order to gain the ability to reorder my badge case, for a season that appears to be the second-to-last season in the league cycle(Stage 2 Fennekin), in order to get it?

cardgjammer said:
I ordered my badge case for the xerneas season. I have not participated in that season yet, but I'm afraid tomorrow is the last day of the season(double points day), and I'm going to miss it. Do I have to wait six more weeks, if I'm not a participant within the season it was ordered for(which runs between dates provided on my play! pokemon profile), and participate in the next league season in order to gain the ability to reorder my badge case, for a season that appears to be the second-to-last season in the league cycle(Stage 2 Fennekin), in order to get it?

The Badge case is supposed to be the ones from LAST YEAR'S Cycle.

Hi guys, I've been able to participate in past pokemon events with my POP ID right. What is this Play! Pokemon thing and how do I use it with my POP ID?

Smeow said:
Hi guys, I've been able to participate in past pokemon events with my POP ID right. What is this Play! Pokemon thing and how do I use it with my POP ID?

Play! Pokémon is the new version of POP and they work exactly the same.

Brave Vesperia said:

ah, thanks. So can I use my old POP ID somewhere/somehow or do I have to make a new account with a new "Player ID?"

Smeow said:
Brave Vesperia said:

ah, thanks. So can I use my old POP ID somewhere/somehow or do I have to make a new account with a new "Player ID?"

You can still use your old POP ID, just as I (and many other players) still do. :D

Brave Vesperia said:
You can still use your old POP ID, just as I (and many other players) still do. :D

Oh, sweet. Kay yeah turned out I just forgot my old login stuff but it's all good now. Thanks a bunch!

Can you play unregistered Pokemon players to earn stamps in a league.
Do you and your opponent's decks have to be within the league's format to earn a stamp or just your deck.

Ade4265 said:
Can you play unregistered Pokemon players to earn stamps in a league.
Do you and your opponent's decks have to be within the league's format to earn a stamp or just your deck.

Players have to be present at a league. They are to be issued an ID when they join the league if they do not already have one by the league leader.

The second question its up to the league leader to decide if league games must use the modified format or if any cards may be used.

I have 2 questions. I looked up a League closest to where I live; on the information page it says current season is Greninja 11 Aug, 2014 to 15 Sep, 2014... what does this mean?

Also, I have a deck with some older cards in it. Would that be allowed in a league?

Each League Season means you have the opportunity to get different rewards for completing your scorecard. Each season you participate in will also get you 1 Play! Point which is necessary to participate in some tournaments.

As to if old cards are allowed at the league, that is up to the League Owner to decide. The league I used to run I was fine with letting old cards be used.

King Arceus said:
Each League Season means you have the opportunity to get different rewards for completing your scorecard. Each season you participate in will also get you 1 Play! Point which is necessary to participate in some tournaments.

What kind of rewards? Like, cards or something? And what's a scorecard for?

Milennin said:
King Arceus said:

What kind of rewards? Like, cards or something? And what's a scorecard for?

For this Season, the reward were:

2 League Mirror Holofoil cards. (like Enhanced Hammer, N, Skyla...)
1 Pokémon TCG Online Code Card. (to unlock some cards with the League foil in there)
1 Pokémon Key-charm. (based on the Pokémon the League Season it's based on, like this one)

And the Scorecard looks like this:
2014_league_scorecards_greninja_inside.png

When you play in a League, you gain a point for every match(best out of 3 games) you play; and gain an extra one if you play using the League Season challenge. Some League Leaders might give the winner of the match another extra point, but that's up to them. Generally, for each row you fill in the Scorecard, you win of of the prizes.

Hello! One of my friends and I have recently started a Pokemon night at our local comic shop. We're in the process of getting ourselves going as an official league, but in the meantime, we're playing with some scorecards and badges that were left over from a few years ago.

Right now we're doing gym leader scorecards, and the question came up as to how we should mark off the challenge row at the bottom.

30sya35.jpg

At the top of the card, it says to mark one circle if you play a game and two if you win. Should we do the same on the challenge row? Also, there was some confusion on if we play a game with the challenge do we mark a challenge row circle and one of the yellow circles above?

I volunteered to ask the question(s) on the forums. So if someone is doing "Sabrina's Challenge" for example, how should they mark their card?

Thank you!

Back