Ask a Play! Pokémon Question

As far as I know, it's up to the League to decide how to mark the Sabrina's Challenge part. However, if you are participating in Sabrina's Challenge, you may still receive two points for winning.

For the challenges I've also marked one off each time they did it. Think of it like you are doing the challenge once each game.

I dunno if people have asked this before, but what does "santioned" mean? It's on the "Event Locator" thingy. I searched for a pre-release.

raichulover11 said:
I dunno if people have asked this before, but what does "santioned" mean? It's on the "Event Locator" thingy. I searched for a pre-release.

Sanctioned means it is an official tournament and has been approved by TPCi.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
raichulover11 said:

Can players and professors earn points for any events that aren't sanctioned?

Also, whats the difference between the challenges and the gyms? some events are listed under something like "Treecko Challenge" and some are listed as like "Dewford Gym".

Salamencetrainer34 said:
raichulover11 said:

Thanks! I was wondering 'bout that...

How long do Cities usually take start to finish? My local Cities is 11:00-11:45am registration, and I have to be somewhere at 5:00pm which is 30 minutes away. Will I have time for the entire tournament in about 4.5 hours?

Jeremy1026 said:
How long do Cities usually take start to finish? My local Cities is 11:00-11:45am registration, and I have to be somewhere at 5:00pm which is 30 minutes away. Will I have time for the entire tournament in about 4.5 hours?

The amount of time taken depends on the amount of players present. It should be around that time frame though.

Jeremy1026 said:

Not if you make top cut. I was there until almost 7 for te finals of cities and we had six rounds (registration was 11-11:30) I honestly wouldn't count on being out at 4:30

There's no sure fire way to tell how long a Cities is going to take. Rounds are 50 minutes each, but there's always going to be down time between rounds while match results are collected and new pairings made. A safe estimate would be about an hour be round, considering this, but it will go faster later on in the event as people start dropping out. The number of rounds is based solely on how many people are present, and that's the biggest deciding factor on how long the event will go. I've been to Cities with as few as 12 people (4 rounds, top cut of 4) and as many as 100 (7 rounds, top 8). Naturally if you make top cut you can expect to stay even later.

How do you receive a POP ID? My tournament area is apparently going to start POP (IDK how it's going to work properly or what's the plan, but I apparently need an ID now...)

bbninjas said:
How do you receive a POP ID? My tournament area is apparently going to start POP (IDK how it's going to work properly or what's the plan, but I apparently need an ID now...)

1. Create a Pokemon Trainer Club account (if you don't already have one).
  2. On your account page, click the "Play! Pokemon Settings" link, enter a username, then select “Please assign me a new Player ID number" accept terms and submit the form.
  3. Then, opt into rankings.
  4. That should mean you "have" your ID, but you should also write down your ID, or click the "Print a Player ID Card!" button.

Hope this helps! :D

What is my POP ID?

Is it my Player ID, or is it something different? I need quickly. My LC is tomorrow morning, and i need to get to bed soon.

RE: What is my POP ID?

Your POP ID and Player ID are the same thing. I believe they were POP IDs when Play! Pokemon was called Pokemon Organized Play. Now they're called Player IDs.

Good luck at your League Challenge! I hope I answered your question in time.

RE: What is my POP ID?

Machamp The Champion said:
Your POP ID and Player ID are the same thing. I believe they were POP IDs when Play! Pokemon was called Pokemon Organized Play. Now they're called Player IDs.

Good luck at your League Challenge! I hope I answered your question in time.

Thank you, You did! I will do my best at the LC Tomorrow. :)

Ironman131 said:
When will the deck list generator on the main page be updated to include cards from primal clash.

No exact date is given, but WPM had posted it is on his to-do list.

Does anyone know the amount of CP earned for the upcoming State championships? I look on the official Pokemon website and found nothing yet.

Back