Are You More of a Collector or a Player?

Frost Mage

Pegasususus
Now the majority of the TCG fanbase, myself included, are a little of both, but I was wondering which side of it that you're more into. Do you collect all the cards, or just the good ones to deck them?

I am a collector first, player second. I am just now trying to get into the playing scene. I think I convinced myself to do so so I can try to win my own trophy card instead of having to buy them haha

Hmm. I'm really more of a collector. I really am pretty bad at playing the TCG, and I don't even have anyone to play with... :/

I've been trying to learn to play the TCG, though. :3

I buy booster boxes only and try to make good decks out of what I get and I play only with my brother and my girlfriend so not much of a real player because I dont have any other people to play with or people with their own cards. And I cant say I am a collector because I dont have that money to buy lots of cards or people to trade with.

Collector. I actually don't really play the game at all. :/ I tried playing some games with my boyfriend for fun a few months ago but it got boring fast because we were stuck with our same two decks unless we bought more. The TCG game for the Game Boy though since getting playable cards in it is free. <3

A little more of a collector, but I love the card game and play it a lot with my siblings.

I'm mainly a player over a collector. I don't have enough money to get every card they make so....

I'm just a player. The only thing I'm collecting is competitively good cards in order to have many different options when creating decks to play with.

Player definitely. I like the collect certain things like FA Supporters or Koga cards, but I don't think I could catch 'em all.

I'm a judge before I'm a player, and I'm a player before I'm a collector. I sometimes like to keep my eyes peeled for stuff I might see in the trade binders of friends (just recently I got a hold of a Flareon *), but for the most part, I like to keep myself going in the community via judging at tournaments.

It's more fun than playing, it's less stressful, and I get free cards out of it. I couldn't ask for better.

Definitely a collector. But I do know how to play and I have played for a while, only now my area has no league anymore and there isn't a whole lot of people to play with. I do still keep with the current stuff though.

I collect tons of cards. I currently have just about every Legend set (may be missing one or two), all of the Alph Lithograph cards, several shinies and other pretty stuff, and Pokedex binder consisting of one of every Pokemon (still working on 5th gen.) I also collect Charmanders, Meowths, and Pikachus (including the error "red cheeks" card and the foreign Pikachu set) and cards with my favorite art.

I daresay, I am a little of both. True, I have nothing extra that's valuable that I WANT to trade at the moment, but I have complete sets from NXD - PLB. I only trade extras I have for cards I need for my deck.

You could say I am mainly a player because that's what I do with the cards, but my dad bought like 20 booster boxes, so I got almost everything I needed for almost every set and traded for what I still needed.

I play TCG competitively, although I lose often, and the video games for fun.

I'm more of a player than a collector. I only seldom try to complete sets I like. I have 5 decks at a time, and people drop their jaws when they see all the competitive stuff in my binder. The only complete sets I have are Fossil and Unleashed. (Master Set) I'm trying to make a Master Set of Plasma Storm, but no one in my area has the RHs I need. (I would order them, but I'm trying to save my money for X & Y)

I'd say that I'm 75% collector and 25% player. I've more recently started to play the tcg, I love my recently completed Blastoise deck. Though I would say I'm a very picky collector when it comes to Pokemon I like. I own 6 "different" Snorlax's from Jungle set (Holo, Holo & 1st Edition, Holo & No Jungle Error, Rare, 1st Edition Rare and a PSA Mint 9 Holo) :p :D :cool: .... sometimes I just wonder lol

well i dont have lots of money or a large collection like the super awesome and cool Mr. Omahanime but i've been collector since about a week after the TCG was released in America and at the time i lived in Washington state. Now im in Boyertown Pennsylvania but since i lost my job in Pottstown in 2011 my $ and time for collecting has been severally limited =/

I'm a little bit of both. I collect all the cards I like and try to get as many as I can, but I also enjoy playing in tournaments and building decks. (even if i'm not great at it lol)

I tried to step into the competitive realm of the TCG but didn't enjoy the high cost associated with it. I disliked paying a high amount of money for cards that I knew would be worthless in the near future. I sold my deck three times (ZPST, Gothitelle, and Darkrai/Hydreigon) before realizing that I find more fun in collecting cards. It also bothered me a lot putting such expensive, rare cards onto the playing field. Nowadays, I am strictly into the JPN TCG. Cards generally retain their value and they look very classy.

elam18 said:
100% collector

You should start playing. You're like the only person I know that plays in my general area hahaha

SoulWind said:
I tried to step into the competitive realm of the TCG but didn't enjoy the high cost associated with it. I disliked paying a high amount of money for cards that I knew would be worthless in the near future. I sold my deck three times (ZPST, Gothitelle, and Darkrai/Hydreigon) before realizing that I find more fun in collecting cards. It also bothered me a lot putting such expensive, rare cards onto the playing field. Nowadays, I am strictly into the JPN TCG. Cards generally retain their value and they look very classy.

The cost associated is why I play rogue decks! Much much cheaper.

Back