Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

This is the only place I've seen anyone mention misplaced 1st edition stamps. http://upccc.proboards.com/thread/1344/pokemon-card-misprint-guide
But I can't find values of them. I'm just really curious. Also, how would counterfeiters even make these cards? I bought them myself in a booster pack when I was 11.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

Scan a 1st Edition symbol. Make a document containing the symbol. Run unlimit edition cards through a printer, printing only the symbol on the cards.

1st Edition Stamps are actually printed (well, stamped) separately from the card. Normal cards are made, then sent to a 1st Edition stamper. This is how you get normal cards with bad (faded, bubbled, misaligned) stamps.

Here is a Japanese Dark Persian Pocket Monster Card with a Psyduck in the evolution circle. I know there is suppose to be a Meowth in the evolution box instead of a Psyduck. I have no idea if this is common or if it is a rare find.:

hogan36 said:
Here is a Japanese Dark Persian Pocket Monster Card with a Psyduck in the evolution circle. I know there is suppose to be a Meowth in the evolution box instead of a Psyduck. I have no idea if this is common or if it is a rare find.:

Could you post a picture of this card? Thanks!

I have a Lv. 60 Charazard with 420 HP. From the information, is it an error card? I'll post a picture of it later.

Artemis said:
hogan36 said:

Could you post a picture of this card? Thanks!

This was already posted on PokeGym. The card is fake.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?180717-Rare-Error-Pocket-Monster-Card

epixkirby13 said:
I have a Lv. 60 Charazard with 420 HP. From the information, is it an error card? I'll post a picture of it later.

Could be an error, could be a counterfeit card. If you post up a picture, that will hep us greatly. Thanks!

Base Gyarados Error?

Hey everyone,

I seem to have a gyarados base that has an error. It appears only on the face side of the card and there is no visible sign on the back. From what I can see it perhaps was an error with ink. Anyways let me know what you all think. Oh and there is no indentation to speak of (micro if anything). I hope i posted this in the right section of the forum, apologies if incorrect.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68658797@N06/10813901026

RE: Base Gyarados Error?

What exactly seems to be the error?

It is hard to tell what went wrong with the ink.

Ah. It is those stripes down the center of the card. I tried to get the light to show it as best as possible. Should i try and get another angle?

cmart said:
Ah. It is those stripes down the center of the card. I tried to get the light to show it as best as possible. Should i try and get another angle?

That looks like an indentation or faint streak of ink.

In either case, it's a "one-off" error and would not normally alter the value of the card significantly. These errors, or misprints, were quite common in the early days of the TCG although some can be very unique (like the Gyarados you own).

it looks like it's just in bad condition to me... foil on older cards tends to curdle. that's what i see.

there is evidence of this if you look on the right hand side edge of the card, the foil is curdling there as well. just an old, poor condition card to me.

Thank you both for your input

@Soulwind I had no interest in even selling it, just pretty sweet having a one-off error. Basically wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy and that it was in fact something during printing. Based on the uniformity of the line that deduction would make sense.

@ash although i would agree with you that does have a bit of edge-wear and the foil isn't collector grade, i would say from handling it that it is in pretty excellent shape otherwise, so thats why i assumed the peculiarity of the imperfection was from the printing process not neglect.

Unfezant Error Card ??

I traded for a Stage 2 Unfezant card with one of my lower levels and after noticed its HP is 12,000. Um, is that a little odd? Error Cards?

RE: Unfezant Error Card ??

Outside of the HP, the card looks spot on. Is there a trade in manufacturing cards with the same paper weight?

Fraxureking said:
That's a fake card ya got there, son. Any non-EX with 180HP+ is pretty much always Fake.

RE: Are these cards real or fake?

tubaczar said:
Outside of the HP, the card looks spot on. Is there a trade in manufacturing cards with the same paper weight?

Can you post a picture or scan of the card?

Fake cards

Fake cards usually have darker tones and HP higher than 210

warning: you will be kicked out from tournaments if caught with fake cards:(:(

if you find a pokemon 6 pack report it

do not buy cards from dollar stores and flea markets

usually they don't have black paper inside like real ones do

back of cards are dark :)D learn how to make cards)

Back