Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Misprinted HG/SS Exeggutor Card

Yeah, we had a brief check of his other cards. Turns out he got the Exeggutor with a tin he brought from eBay, it was apparently that an another card that he''s lost. The rest of them he's pulled from tins/boxes/packs, so they're definitely legit.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

http://postimg.org/image/id8lkfh2r/

I'm pretty sure it's not a fake, because I only ever remember getting my cards from actual packs.

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Kenstermatt said:

I'm pretty sure it's not a fake, because I only ever remember getting my cards from actual packs.
What's the problem with that?

Pretty sure that's fake. The font is not consistent with the real thing, and the typos of course are a telling sign.

Luispipe8 said:
Kenstermatt said:

What's the problem with that?

Kenstermatt said:
I'm new to the forums, and i'm not sure if this is the right place to post.
But i have a Boost Energy card, With a severe misspelling. The description of the card states 'Boost Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokemon. Discard Bottst Energy at the end of the turn it was attached. Boost Energy provides * * * Energy. The Pokemon Boost Energy is attached to can't retreat If the Pokemon Boost Energy is attached to isn't an Evolved Pokemon, discard Boost Energy.'

That is exactly what it says. I got this from a pack of actual pokemon cards, so i don't think it's fake...

i notice theres no set symbol or card collector # which set or product is it from?

Boost Energy comes in quite a few sets, though going by the copyright, it's a fake version of the EX Dragon Frontiers copy. But the lack of the set symbol is a definite indicator that the card is fake. (Since it's not a card from Base Set.) (Nice catch by the way, I hadn't even noticed the lack of set symbol.) Real cards don't put that much space between Energy symbols in their card text, either.

RiverShock said:
Boost Energy comes in quite a few sets, though going by the copyright, it's a fake version of the EX Dragon Frontiers copy. But the lack of the set symbol is a definite indicator that the card is fake. (Since it's not a card from Base Set.) (Nice catch by the way, I hadn't even noticed the lack of set symbol.) Real cards don't put that much space between Energy symbols in their card text, either.

Where did you get the pack? and Thanks i thought maybe lack of set symbol maybe could have been a print mistake like when Jungle set holos were made without the set symbol :)

RE: Misprinted HG/SS Exeggutor Card

there's a picture of koffing where it says evolves from wxeggcute

My special magmar

I don't know if it is fake or not but has anybody seen anything like it? I've had it since i was a kid. Any input is appreciated! :D
20130826_180127_zpsebb651b1.jpg.html

link: http://s7.photobucket.com/user/PacmanFaces/media/20130826_180127_zpsebb651b1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

RE: My special magmar

That definitely looks real, but the big thing that confuses me are those blue splotches on the picture. What on earth are they and how'd they get there? Did the card just deteriorate with age or something?

RE: Are these cards real or fake?

Looks to me like someone shoved glitter on the card back in the days to make it look nice.

RE: Are these cards real or fake?

cards has been in a sleeve since i was a kid and the blue pieces don't just come off(10yr old me tried)

Real or fake?

img021_zps4225c143.jpg

Other than the ink smearing, which could just be a printing error, I don't see any tell tale signs of it being a fake. Maybe?

Looks real to me. Where did you get it from?

Someone offered it to me for sale, so I wanted to confirm it's legitimacy before buying it. Thanks for the help guys :)

That is the first WOTC smear I've heard of.

I have two ink blotted card misprints that i got from a booster pack in from a box i bought a long time ago and i wanted to know what they would be classified as and the value,

Inkblotcards_zpsc0c7fb3a.jpg

Added spoiler tag for large image ~Athena

You're talking about the yellow stuff? Are you sure that's ink? It looks like food crumbs to me. They even have shadows.

Back