Are These Cards Real or Fake?

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
RE: Fake Cards - Can you confirm

Yes they are fake. An easy giveaway is that they all have holo in the background, but they don't actually 'shine'. Another way to tell is the energy symbols. The black symbols are too large. Next, the font used on the cards is very wrong. Feel free to look up scans of these cards on PokeBeach for comparison! ;)

barrett83

Aspiring Trainer

theducktamer said:
Yes they are fake. An easy giveaway is that they all have holo in the background, but they don't actually 'shine'. Another way to tell is the energy symbols. The black symbols are too large. Next, the font used on the cards is very wrong. Feel free to look up scans of these cards on PokeBeach for comparison! ;)

Thanks for the super quick repsonce i have others like this in other EX sets lucky i didnt buy these cards for much just a joblot of other cards.

will have to go right through things not to check them out

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

I believe I had similar fakes, back when these sets came out a lot of people in my school had fakes of these. I still have a Pikachu that is fake haha.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね

Anything with that font is fake.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

I have bought resealed packs of ex Unseen Forces. Weird enough the Unown holos and commons were legit but the rare non holo was fake. The font and blurriness kept bothering and I accidentally ripped it. Cards don't rip that easily and once they do rip, there is a blackness on the paper ish edges. If it doesn't have that, it's fake. See primetimepokemon's video about fake cards for more details.

dx8292

Aspiring Trainer
Fake or Real Pokemon TC

Hi guys I recently bought some pokemon cards on ebay and wanted to know if they are fake or not; some seem fishy. If you guys say fake please say why. The borders seem uneven among other things.

[attachment=7036]

[attachment=7037]

[attachment=7038]

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 59

dx8292

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Fake or Real Pokemon TC

dx8292 said:
Hi guys I recently bought some pokemon cards on ebay and wanted to know if they are fake or not; some seem fishy. If you guys say fake please say why. The borders seem uneven among other things.

Attachments

• image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 59

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away

dx8292 said:
dx8292 said:

Looks real to me, but the attack names seem like they aren't positioned exactly correct, though it might just be me.

dx8292

Aspiring Trainer

This was a random lot too (10 cards). I only got 1 card from the older set rhydon, which i know is real. Everything after neo revelations I have a hard time determining whether it is fake or real.

ImminentOwl

Collector and general Pokemaniac
Misprinted HG/SS Exeggutor Card

So, my nephew brought over some Pokemon cards today to trade and stuff, and he mentioned a mis-print card he'd found. Upon further inspection the card, a Reverse Holo Exeggutor from the HG/SS set, had the mistake of having a Koffing as it's Basic Pokemon... I shall attach some pictures, if they aren't clear I'll attempt to get one with better lighting, though the fact it's a Reverse Holo makes it somewhat difficult to get a good angle...

Shot of the full card: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n616/RandomSamurair13/IMGA0785.jpg

Closer View: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n616/RandomSamurair13/IMGA0786.jpg

View of the Error Basic Pokemon part: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n616/RandomSamurair13/IMGA0787.jpg

So, yeah, I was just wondering about it, I can't find it anywhere else, as no-one else seems to have found one like this.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
RE: Misprinted HG/SS Exeggutor Card

That card is fake.

The real card looks like this:

18-exeggutor.jpg

Inconsistencies:

~The card font isn't the same as on a real card, in any case (look at the Stage 1 bit and the name, especially)
~The spacing is a little off on things
~The Energy symbols are too big
~They even misspelt Exeggcute as Wxeggcute

If you find that many inconsistencies on just a single card, odds are it's fake.

ImminentOwl

Collector and general Pokemaniac

Ah, thanks man, now you mention it those are pretty tell-tale signs.

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
[split] Card Errors Database - Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - No Misprints

I think I have a misprinted pokemon catcher, it looks normal except under the text it looks like a barry is printed. Most likely just a printing error butI compared it to another copy from the same set and its definitely a distinct print error on the card. Ill post pics when I get home but has anyone seen or heard of people getting these errors? Also is it worth any more then a regular catcher?

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer

Yep Fake id check all his cards for fake an remind him to never get cards from where ever he got that one from.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

Cortel II said:
I think I have a misprinted pokemon catcher, it looks normal except under the text it looks like a barry is printed. Most likely just a printing error butI compared it to another copy from the same set and its definitely a distinct print error on the card. Ill post pics when I get home but has anyone seen or heard of people getting these errors? Also is it worth any more then a regular catcher?

If the printer error is too distinct, it won't be playable, at which point the value is up to error collectors. If the card is still playable, then yes, it will be worth more than normal Catchers.

I'd need to see pictures before I gave a price though.

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Any - no misprints)

ok here is a pic of the misprint Pokemon Catcher.

next to a "Normal" catcher

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Some may pay more for that card. I do not find ink spot cards desirable, because they could be manufactured for profit.