Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Fakémon Water Starter! 28/03/2016

RE: Arcticwhite's (mainly) Fake Cards! *NEW* another tree

Arcticwhite said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Just saying I'm pretty sure you can't attach trainers to pokemon. Very good card otherwise.

There are certain Trainer cards that do attach to Pokémon, like Giant Cape and Memory Berry.

Oh, I thought you ment trainer as in supporter. My bad. Still, that's a very nice card you have there.

RE: Arcticwhite's (mainly) Fake Cards! *NEW* "Me Sprite EX"

Energy Blast's effect should read "If this Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it, this attack does nothing."

The alignment is a bit off, too. The Ability effect should be flush left with the attack effect and there should be an even amount of space on each side of the text boxes. Be sure to align the damage flush right with the effect text after the changes have been made.

Other than that, looks pretty good!

Improved version:

f9fg5z.jpg

Much better! Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier, but you also need to drop the "s" in "afterwards" (should be "afterward").

I like 'em! Great job on all three! I especially like Forest Canopy. (The art, as well as the text.)

Jaquii said:
I like 'em! Great job on all three! I especially like Forest Canopy. (The art, as well as the text.)

Thank you, I also like Forest Canopy, I'm proud of the effect it has :)

RE: Arcticwhite's (mainly) Fake Cards! *NEW* Updates,Updates Everywhere!

Update crazy! I do love Fernix's one :D

On that one though, alignment seems to be off on attacks/HP etc (and the attack icons) but its still hawt :) (see what I did thar..... lol... )

I love, love, LOVE Fernix! The artwork is cute and really fits the card, plus my favorite mythical creature is the phoenix! There's not anything for me to nitpick that asche didn't already cover.

As far as the Trainer cards go, the first one kind of works, but I don't think the second one looks right at all on a card. My major complaint, however, is that you shouldn't ever use art on a card if you don't know who made it. You should always credit the original artist (photographers are artists too), no exceptions. If you don't know who to credit, avoid using the image.

Also, if you use a photo, unless it's of a sculpture made by the artist, put "Photo." instead of "Illus." in front of the artist's name.

The Mutants return!

2lwxair.jpg

I decided to bring back my old concept of MUTANT Pokémon, which I made like a year ago... So long...
Anyways, I wasn't quite sure about the wording on Raging Heart, so if anyone has any better wording, then please tell me.

RE: Arcticwhite's (mainly) Fake Cards! *NEW* Mutant Serpent!

"If this Pokemon was damaged by 1 of your opponent's Pokemon during your opponent's last turn, each this Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage to the Defending Pokemon"
Would be a better wording for Raging Heart. The name also needs to be changed to red, specifically #DD0007.
Scalding Water should be
"If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-MUTANT this attack does nothing".

Looks sexy too.

Blui said:
"If this Pokemon was damaged by 1 of your opponent's Pokemon during your opponent's last turn, each this Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage to the Defending Pokemon"
Would be a better wording for Raging Heart. The name also needs to be changed to red, specifically #DD0007.
Scalding Water should be
"If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-MUTANT this attack does nothing".

Looks sexy too.

Thanks, I will update it as soon as I can (be bothered), and I just forgot to change the name to red :)

This month's CaC entry:

2wox5ra.jpg

I hope I've done better than my previous LV.X attempts :p

RE: Arcticwhite's (mainly) Fake Cards! *NEW* Rocky Dinosaur!

Looks good, and keeps to the look of older cards!

WOW, you improved SO MUCH since I last visited your topic... I liked immediately the open post. I really like your cards. I like the "sumi-e"-ish style of your starters, and the authentic EX/LV/mutant cards. Keep up the good work! (I'd gladly see more Fakemon)

Jaquii said:
Looks good, and keeps to the look of older cards!

Thanks, i am entering it into this year's CaC, so i hope it does well...

Sheodon said:
WOW, you improved SO MUCH since I last visited your topic... I liked immediately the open post. I really like your cards. I like the "sumi-e"-ish style of your starters, and the authentic EX/LV/mutant cards. Keep up the good work! (I'd gladly see more Fakemon)

Thanks, I have definitely improved on my faking skills, and I'm glad you like the fakémon :)

Tyranitar Lv.X looks great! I think the art could be moved a little further to the right and I'm pretty sure "whilst" should be "while." Still looks pretty darn official, though!

Okay, I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but there are a lot of things you can fix. Firstly some wording errors, whilst is while (as Nekoban-Ryo pointed out), cannot is can't and during the time is while. For the attack you just need to replace the '.' after If heads and replace it with a ',' Now the placement issues, firstly, the text goes up to where the blank part of the art box ends, and the symbols go there too. The font you used for the 60 also looks off.
Other than that it's cool.

Blui said:
Okay, I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, but there are a lot of things you can fix. Firstly some wording errors, whilst is while (as Nekoban-Ryo pointed out), cannot is can't and during the time is while. For the attack you just need to replace the '.' after If heads and replace it with a ',' Now the placement issues, firstly, the text goes up to where the blank part of the art box ends, and the symbols go there too. The font you used for the 60 also looks off.

I can't believe I missed all that. I'm losing my touch.

Blui said:

Thanks for that, my brain has been a little mushy lately because I've been EXTREMELY ill, but since I'm better now, I will update it ASAP. I know the font I used for the 60 is wrong, I don't seem to have the right font for that, but I'm sure I can use something that looks similar...

Back