Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Fakémon Water Starter! 28/03/2016

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Improved Mega Milotic 19/08/2014

Here's the updated Milotic with improved textures and 3D text. I also forgot to actually add an attack damage (stupid mistake)

mega_milotic_ex_by_arcticwhite2000-d7vd5fg.png

Haha yeah, I was gonna say -- an M-Pokémon that does 40 damage for [W][W][C] was way underpowered. Card looks great! Just remember to use '1' instead of 'one.'

CMP said:
Haha yeah, I was gonna say -- an M-Pokémon that does 40 damage for [W][W][C] was way underpowered.

You know, I was was wondering the exact same thing, but I thought it was a typo and it was like 70-80. xD But great card, as always! :D

It's so sparkly! I love the addition of the little heart here and there. *o*

Great job of the shading of the artwork and 3D text -- those look really cool. Only a few things bug me.

The strokes of the text already on the blank (Mega Evolution rule and Pokémon-EX rule) are a little dark due to the foil (not much you can do about that without typing over it -- exact alignment might be a pain, so you might need to ask asche about that).

Also, your promo star is a bit too big. The tip of the star, excluding the stroke, should line up with the bottom of the Pokémon-EX rule. It probably wouldn't hurt to adjust the black level of the star slightly (or raise the contrast if that's easier) -- it looks a bit on the grey side.

Nekoban Ryo said:
It's so sparkly! I love the addition of the little heart here and there. *o*

Great job of the shading of the artwork and 3D text -- those look really cool. Only a few things bug me.

The strokes of the text already on the blank (Mega Evolution rule and Pokémon-EX rule) are a little dark due to the foil (not much you can do about that without typing over it -- exact alignment might be a pain, so you might need to ask asche about that).

Also, your promo star is a bit too big. The tip of the star, excluding the stroke, should line up with the bottom of the Pokémon-EX rule. It probably wouldn't hurt to adjust the black level of the star slightly (or raise the contrast if that's easier) -- it looks a bit on the grey side.

Think this is a little better:

You corrected the things Alex mentioned, but you missed the one I explained -- cards don't spell out numbers. You still need to change the 'one' in the attack effect text to '1,' as you can see on Poliwrath FF.

CMP said:
You corrected the things Alex mentioned, but you missed the one I explained -- cards don't spell out numbers. You still need to change the 'one' in the attack effect text to '1,' as you can see on Poliwrath FF.

Oops, sorry I forgot, I've fixed it now :p

Also, I have made 3 new Kyanite and Fluorite cards, so hopefully I'll be able to post those too.

Alright, here are some new Kyanite and Fluorite cards! It's been a while since I've continued with this set, but I'm really enjoying making these. Here is an evolution line. Originally, I was going to post each card as a separate image as per usual, but for some reason I'm having problems with Photoshop saving files again, so I've had to improvise and stick all the images onto one file. But, here is a weird carnivorous plant thing (not Carnivine!)

chloroca_full_evo_line_by_arcticwhite2000-d7w6ax5.png

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* New K+F Cards! 22/08/2014

I'm on my iPad right now, making it hard to check placements, but what I CAN mention right now is how AWESOME seeing the full line like that is. I love how you used different art styles throughout the line. It's a true testament to your skills as an artist!

If I could make any suggestions, I'd say you might want to bump up the effect text of Chloroca's Razor Leaf attack a few pixels, and probably make it a couple sizes larger, too. It also looks like you're using the wrong Fire symbol. It's hard to tell without Photoshop and the marquee tool to double check, but it looks like you're not lining up the effect text with the attack damage, either...fix that, and the 'x' and the '+' should be even closer to the edge of the text border.

Otherwise, great job! It's always fun to see ex-era fakes.

CMP said:
I'm on my iPad right now, making it hard to check placements, but what I CAN mention right now is how AWESOME seeing the full line like that is. I love how you used different art styles throughout the line. It's a true testament to your skills as an artist!

If I could make any suggestions, I'd say you might want to bump up the effect text of Chloroca's Razor Leaf attack a few pixels, and probably make it a couple sizes larger, too. It also looks like you're using the wrong Fire symbol. It's hard to tell without Photoshop and the marquee tool to double check, but it looks like you're not lining up the effect text with the attack damage, either...fix that, and the 'x' and the '+' should be even closer to the edge of the text border.

Otherwise, great job! It's always fun to see ex-era fakes.

Thank you for your suggestion. For the Fire symbol I used Asche's EX series symbol sheet, so I'm not sure... But, I have updated them:

chloroca_full_evo_line_by_arcticwhite2000-d7w6ax5.png

I think I've fixed it, although I'm not entirely confident. I also edited Synsume's Poké-Body a little to make it less 'OP' as someone pointed out on DeviantArt.

Hmm...I can bring it up with asche (not meaning to step on any toes), but the symbol he ripped looks a little too saturated and similar to the HGSS-on Fire symbol.

Here's what I ripped:
-arctic.png

CMP said:
Hmm...I can bring it up with asche (not meaning to step on any toes), but the symbol he ripped looks a little too saturated and similar to the HGSS-on Fire symbol.

Here's what I ripped:
-arctic.png

Hmm.... I see what you mean... It does look very saturated compared to the normal EX series symbol. But, it is from the same sheet as the other symbols which don't look as saturated and vibrant...

I've finally made some decent ORICAs of my fake cards, and i'm rather pleased with the results :)

sorario_ancient_orica_by_arcticwhite2000-d7x53c5.png

cansu_orica_by_arcticwhite2000-d7x549n.png

67_chevrolet_impala_orica_by_arcticwhite2000-d7x552u.png

synsume_orica_by_arcticwhite2000-d7x55w8.png

I'm not really sure what was up with the printer ink (the solid black parts of the cards came out cracked rather than solid), but I still think they look good. I'm definitely going to make more of these in the future!

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Printed ORICAS! 29/08/2014

Not too bad! It's always exciting to get a solid copy of what you've made.

Great to see more printed fakes! I really like how most of these turned out. I especially like Ancient Sorario and Shining Cansu. I hope to see more like these in the future!

I should probably point out, however, whenever possible, avoid printing cards with holo effects applied to them prior to printing. Sparkles that don't sparkle tend to give off a very fake vibe. They still look cool in photos, but significantly less realistic in person.

I've finally made my first Classic Era card! I wanted to make one of an existing Pokémon for once, and I'm happy with the results. But, I'm still not quite sure on font/symbol placement. But practice makes perfect! I think I'll be making more of these soon, makes a change from my usual newer era fakes.

shining_ho_oh_by_arcticwhite2000-d7x9m4v.png

EDIT: Forgot Ember's attack damage!

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Base Set Shining Ho-Oh 30/08/2014

Love that artwork!

As a general rule of thumb for Classic-Neo cards, when you have room to make attacks bigger, make them bigger. Also, unlike the newer cards, attacks don't have to be the same size.

Is there any specific reason that you decided to use a Classic template? Both Ho-Oh and the Shining archetype came out during the Neo era.

Also, in the older sets, Ho-Oh was spelled "Ho-oh." You're also missing the 1 per deck clause (though I'm not sure if you did it intentionally or not).

Nekoban Ryo said:
Love that artwork!

As a general rule of thumb for Classic-Neo cards, when you have room to make attacks bigger, make them bigger. Also, unlike the newer cards, attacks don't have to be the same size.

Is there any specific reason that you decided to use a Classic template? Both Ho-Oh and the Shining archetype came out during the Neo era.

Also, in the older sets, Ho-Oh was spelled "Ho-oh." You're also missing the 1 per deck clause (though I'm not sure if you did it intentionally or not).

I wanted to use a Classic blank because the blanks were easier to find and I thought 'why not start with the first era of Pokémon cards?'. Thanks for the advice, hopefully I can get considerably better at making fakes from this era.

Here are some more Kyanite + Fluorite cards!

tokaki_by_arcticwhite2000-d84o8s1.png

shaoul_by_arcticwhite2000-d84o95w.png

It's been so long since I posted here, but I've finally made another card! I'm hoping to get back into faking soon. I created this card a while back but I haven't posted this yet:

gurasinu_fakemon_mega_ex_by_arcticwhite2000-d9wo0fj.png

And I still can't get that 3D text right!

Here's another card from Kyanite and Fluorite. I don't like the 3D model I attempted to create, but it kinda makes the card look more unique?
Anyway, I'm thinking of creating more one-off promos of my new starter designs to get back into faking again.

dralung_by_arcticwhite2000-d9gx138.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been working on more Fakémon, and I feel like I need to feature the Water type starter a little more, so here's Aufin!

aufin_fakemon_promo_by_arcticwhite2000-d9wx9kw.png

I'm also now working on another legendary EX card, although I'm not sure how long that will take me. Enjoy!

Back