Amiibo Discussion Thread

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
If I don't get a Lucina amiibo I'm gonna' flip. Though I think an amiibo group I'm in would have my back if such was the case. Her and Robin are the two remaining characters I need. The rest are just frosting.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Oookay, so I went to buy my first amiibo, Rosalina & Luma. They were sold out everywhere. So I accidentally...
qQ4ia2u.jpg

DSel8iR.jpg
Non-derpy eyes on Marth.

Also, Little Mac has already been released? Damn. I had no idea. I have never seen him in stores.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Little Mac and Rosalina are both unicorns; American or European versions. That is, unless you
amiiboshamburg2015_zpsni09ay5i.jpg

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
They have "lots" of Rosalinas, but I don't see a single Little Mac in that picture?

I actually saw a Rosalina in a store a few days ago, but it was a single piece and I wanted to compare paint job qualities when buying Rosalina... now it's gone. But I'm positive I will find one anyway.

Btw., I bought mine from the same store as that picture was taken from. (Not the very same store, but like "Target", "Wal-Mart" etc.)

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Yeah I could have sworn Little Mac was in it, but I was mistaken. The guy who took the picture said that's all that was there, with nothing to either side.

Is it a case of Target/Super Target where the latter gets more stock, or does every store in the chain have an amiibo section like that? My jealousy level is so high. ;-;

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Nah, not that much, but compared with other shops that sell them over here like Libro and Müller, they (Saturn) definitely have more. After all, Libro is a paperware/books/multimedia/toy shop so it just has some 25 amiibo to begin with, as probably do most Müller as they are a "we have a bit of everything that's not too big" stores (I guess like Target and Wal-Mart? never been to the US).

Saturn is an electronics store.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ohhey, Saturn, I know Saturn! We used to have Saturns here, but I guess they were (at least in the Netherlands) owned by the same company as Media Markt and a few months ago they "rebranded" and changed all of the Saturns to Media Markts. Which basically means they're the same except the have a red-theme instead of Saturn's orange-theme, and they're reorganizing some of the sections. The Saturn/Media Markt I go to is the one where I got my Ike. :D But they didn't have a lot of Amiibos, and the ones they did have were just kind of dumped into a giant bin.

I haven't had luck getting a Rosalina yet, but then 2 of the 3 stores I checked (Saturn/MM being the third) didn't have any of the newest waves out yet, so I'll probably check back. Also planning on checking our another Saturn/MM next week on Monday.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Ike is rare? Ikes are super common in Austria. Like one of the most common amiibo there is atm.

There are Media Markts here too, but Saturn is far more common. They are basically the same company though.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Dunno how rare he is, just mentioned I bought him there. :p I haven't noticed any particular Amiibos being rare here, though, aside from some of the low-produced Wave 1 ones and even those were available for quite some time and have only recently been sold out locally.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
SotS said:
Little Mac and Rosalina are both unicorns; American or European versions. That is, unless you
amiiboshamburg2015_zpsni09ay5i.jpg

DA FUQ...

All the new ones... Lucario, Sheik, Ike, Toon Link and so on are all sold out here before they even released! Nintendo really limits the shipment to America... I think they're pissed at us for not buying as much as Europe has been. Europe has been their best consumer lately apparently because not only did they get an abundance of the Majora's Mask stuff they also got restocked for stuff that sold out. In America it's like "HEY! PREORDERS ARE UP! (1-2 hours later) OOPS! ALL GONE! SUCKS TO BE YOU!" And in addition they also got steel cases for certain games while all we got were plushies and posters...

Bah! Makes me wish I lived Europe even more, most of my buyers are from there too.

Although Lucina and Robin were available for pre-order from Game.co.uk but they are sold out now. Probably American consumers scalping again...scumbags. I don't mind paying an extra 10 or 20$ for an Amiibo but no f**king way would I ever pay more than that and I don't know why anyone else would.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I don't really think it's NoA shafting customers, so much as it is that a larger percentage of American consumers are more interested in these products than European consumers. And it's not even necessarily for personal use. It's a lot more common, for example, for people to buy things to resell them on Ebay and the like in America then elsewhere, and a lot of people buy things in the US for sale overseas because of the lower prices/taxes and avoidance of importing/customs fees.

And for what it's worth, I would happily trade my steelbook for a Mega Charizard plush. :p

Registeel1234

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone. I would like your advices on amiibos.

I'm a ganondorf main on smash, and I don't have a Wii U, only a 3DS. I kinda want to buy a Ganondorf Amiibo when it releases, but at the same time, I'm hesitating. Is it really worth to buy one, especially since I only have smash that can use it (I don't have Hyrule Warriors)? I heard that there will be a device to allow 3DS to use Amiibos, and I'm not talking about the New 3DS.

So, what do you guys suggest me? I'm not a collectioner...

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Athena said:
I don't really think it's NoA shafting customers, so much as it is that a larger percentage of American consumers are more interested in these products than European consumers. And it's not even necessarily for personal use. It's a lot more common, for example, for people to buy things to resell them on Ebay and the like in America then elsewhere, and a lot of people buy things in the US for sale overseas because of the lower prices/taxes and avoidance of importing/customs fees.

And for what it's worth, I would happily trade my steelbook for a Mega Charizard plush. :p

Nah apparently it has something to do with post workers on strike somewhere in the US. Still annoying though. So easy to get store exclusive Disney Infinity figures. So frustrating to get a store exclusive Amiibo. Hey who knows, maybe in a year Amiibos will be everywhere like the Nintendo Wii.

You know you could totally sell that steel case for about 40$ and get a plush for about 20$. :eek: Last I checked anyway... I sold my plush for about 25$ then I wanted a steel case but them scalpers were selling them for about 40$... not worth it.

"I'm a ganondorf main on smash, and I don't have a Wii U, only a 3DS. I kinda want to buy a Ganondorf Amiibo when it releases, but at the same time, I'm hesitating. Is it really worth to buy one, especially since I only have smash that can use it (I don't have Hyrule Warriors)? I heard that there will be a device to allow 3DS to use Amiibos, and I'm not talking about the New 3DS.

So, what do you guys suggest me? I'm not a collectioner..."

Only if you can get it for retail price. They really don't unlock much and just stand there to collect dust. They look cool though. You have to be a really big fan of the character for it to worth any more than 14$.

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Cross-posting from GAF 'cuz I'm a lazy sucker:

My amiibo story for today, thoroughly fleshed out, and needless bits added.

I usually go to bed at 3AM and wake up around 11PM. But I'm getting a job in the next week and need to fix my sleeping schedule really freaking fast. So last night I worked out a bit to wear myself down, and managed to get to sleep at about 1:30. Well, my form must have been poor or something, because I woke up at 6AM with sharp back pain and wasn't able to get comfortable for another thirty minutes. At that point I figure it wasn't even worth getting another hour of sleep, because then I'd have trouble getting up and ready to hit Target.

I dozed off a bit, got maybe twenty minutes more, but after that I got up and ready. It's about 7:50 when my Dad and I strike out towards the store. It's only a six minute drive.

We get there, and there's plenty of cars in the parking lot. Somewhat confused, as the store wasn't actually open going by the clock, we get out. Store IS open, a few minutes early.

We walk in, and it's just completely dead inside. But approach the Electronics section and boy did that change. There were "only" seven people there (not including us), but they were literally the only customers in the store. Everyone in the store at that moment was in the Electronics, wrapped around the small check-out they have there. Now this is where I'm hopeful; somebody either called in, or Management took it upon themselves to put a limit! Then my hope drops; they were allowing people to get BACK in line for another until their cart of amiibo ran out.

I see the last Rosalina get bought in front of me by a stereotypical... well, he didn't look interested in the figure itself, lets put it that way. But, they had Toon Link still, so I got one of him.

At this point we ended up walking the store, as my Dad spoke some choice words about the policies (glad nobody was around lol), and called up his brother/my uncle, who was at his Target on the other side of town where he lives.

"What's it looking like on your end?"

"Well, I got one."

We ask which, and he informs us he got a Rosalina. Apparently that Target had more Rosalina than Toon Link! So everything just happened to work out perfectly. Extremely appreciative of my Uncle (and Dad, of course!) for helping with the whole situation. ^^

Will have to take pictures of my humble collection -- in comparison to GAF -- later.

Side-note, our store only had two Sheik when we got there, but I'm guessing they probably had four like everyone else is seeing. She's either going the way of Diddy, or Little Mac. Too early to tell.

Edit: Know what, I may as well carry my avatar over as well. I've been avatar-less for too long.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
^ Lucky, the Targets in my area all sold out or didn't get them yet and don't know when they will. Apparently Target got only 3 of them in different strores.

Biggest problem with her right now is apparently some nutjob really hates her, and wants no one to buy her so he spent 4,000$ on as much as he could grab and he intends to prevent anyone else from buying them. He has 35k left and is intending to do the same to Lucina, Paulutena and Zero Suit Samus. Something to do with a grudge against female characters being in games. I don't know.

He says he hates them and yet wants to waste his money (seriously how does cash fall into the hands of scum like this while I struggle to make 1,000 a month?) to keep other people from buying them... but... that... isn't... going to make nintendo stop making female characters... at the most they're like "OH WOW! 4,000$ on Rosalina?!?! Hmm? This guy bought them all? Why? Is he going to resell them? Oh? He hates her wants no one to buy her so we would stop putting females in games? HAHAAHHAHAH! Whatever, thanks for the money!!! Oh... we should... probably restock huh... nah let's swim in this money instead and let the fans struggle with the scalpers."

If I can't get Zero Suit Samus, Palutena and Lucina cause of this guy and have to pay 40$ for each one... >_>

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Yeeeeah, I actually argued with him for a bit. But then he was banned, so that was fun. I guess. He put out a video saying that the whole thing was all an act, but only the attitude. He actually does dislike these fictional characters and did, in fact, buy 100+ Rosalina. Even posted a picture of his haul.

I don't know man. He needs help.

C3Nfcjs.jpg

The second Diddy off to the far corner is being shipped out tomorrow in trade for someone's Luigi. After that it's just waiting on Shulk, Dedede, Ike, Sheik, Megaman and MAYBE Sonic. idk.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Man, scalpers everywhere. Toad amiibo wasn't going be rare, Nintendo said so themselves. Sure he had some light stock but Nintendo would make sure he would readily available, yet people are suckers and give into hysteria and hype and so... wasted money on this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toad-Amiibo-Super-Mario-Bros-Series-PRE-ORDER-U-S-Box-Guaranteed-Delivery-/281590416823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419018c5b7

He shows how much he bought and how much he paid and people STILL were okay with paying 29$ for it. -_-;;;

And... it's back in stock at Gamestop.

People complain about scalpers with these amiibos but if people weren't so hasty into spending so much money on these and just be patient, there wouldn't be a scalping problem. Whatever I guess, it's not my money going to those bastards.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Does anyone have any tips/store suggestions to scope out sometime for amiibos?

I feel like next time I should keep my eyes out, I was lucky today since I managed to nab my highly sought after Mega Man amiibo.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
"Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. features amiibo compatibility on New Nintendo 3DS XL with Fire Emblem figures like Marth and Ike. If you don’t already have a Marth amiibo, more are headed to stores in late April!"
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/photos/a.120520318032430.30157.119240841493711/793664387384683/?type=1

Omanyte

Aspiring Trainer
All I can say is that this amiibo thing is crazy. I bought a Little Mac at Target because I wanted to use the Smash features. It wasn't really getting used after a week or two, but I kept it because I liked the figure. But eventually I decided it was taking up too much space and it needed to go. Listed it on Ebay...it sold for $56 + shipping! Not even collectable, just an opened Little Mac

Funny how things are sometimes, I guess. I'm not complaining though!