AmiAmi Discussion

RE: AmiAmi Shipping

adam44 said:
In sweden the package can cost up to 1300kr then you'll have to pay tax. 1300kr is about $200.
Before I thought it was just some packages that you'd have to pay tax for despite the cost and weigh of the package, but I luckily I figured out this before I bought something outside the country.

No, the 1300SEK is for toll. You still have to pay tax (moms) for everything else. Well I did read that you could skip it if you bought stuff for less than 300 SEK if it was NOT from mail order (postorder, I google translated. So I think if you buy something from a private person over say Ebay that are not running any company or so you can skip tax if you buy for less than 300 SEK, but if you buy from a company you always have to pay tax no matter what). :)

You can ship 1-4 Booster Boxes from AmiAmi for about $20 via Sal Unregistered. That's the method that I almost always use as its the cheapest and I always get my stuff in 9-10 days. But, I used EMS for my most recent purchase. 18 Wild Blaze Booster Boxes, 5 Mega Charizard Half Decks, and some sleeves. Shipping was really Expensive... $121, but I didn't have much of a choice. With that Expensive of a purchase, I wanted to get my stuff quickly.

Youtube User- BlastoiseRules1 if anybody cares! :)

Videoland said:
adam44 said:
In sweden the package can cost up to 1300kr then you'll have to pay tax. 1300kr is about $200.
Before I thought it was just some packages that you'd have to pay tax for despite the cost and weigh of the package, but I luckily I figured out this before I bought something outside the country.

No, the 1300SEK is for toll. You still have to pay tax (moms) for everything else. Well I did read that you could skip it if you bought stuff for less than 300 SEK if it was NOT from mail order (postorder, I google translated. So I think if you buy something from a private person over say Ebay that are not running any company or so you can skip tax if you buy for less than 300 SEK, but if you buy from a company you always have to pay tax no matter what). :)

So buying through a third party may be cheaper?

BlastoiseRules1 said:
You can ship 1-4 Booster Boxes from AmiAmi for about $20 via Sal Unregistered. That's the method that I almost always use as its the cheapest and I always get my stuff in 9-10 days. But, I used EMS for my most recent purchase. 18 Wild Blaze Booster Boxes, 5 Mega Charizard Half Decks, and some sleeves. Shipping was really Expensive... $121, but I didn't have much of a choice. With that Expensive of a purchase, I wanted to get my stuff quickly.

Youtube User- BlastoiseRules1 if anybody cares! :)

This is crazy literally just watched your 1st unboxing then came here lol

Anyway guys japan post says my parcel arrived in uk 48 hours ago but I've had nothing on the English parcelforce website it still says code may be wrong or information isn't available yet, should I be worried? Last time I had my code changed to a local code and that it was in customs before japan even updated.

Might be a customs delay; Riraito and I experienced a similar problem in the Netherlands earlier this year with X/Y Collection. In our case it ended up being a super long wait, but the packages were not lost, damaged, or destroyed. If you're worried, you can probably contact the UK post office's customer support with your JP tracking number, but since it's just been a couple days, it's probably too soon for you to get any kind of a resolution.

Yeah, packages do weird things sometimes. I've gone with unregistered SAL for my last few purchases and I never had a problem. If I get tracking I'll only get nervous and check 50 times a day xD

My Wild Blaze got shipped today, went a little crazy ordering three boxes. Though nothing compared to what some other people got.

Riraito said:
I've gone with unregistered SAL for my last few purchases and I never had a problem.

I prefer tracking. It was nice to see my order sitting in customs for 5 days.

Still anxious that japan post says my parcel has been in the uk 3 whole days where as parcel force haven't even acknowledged the tracking number but even though this parcel is becoming a disaster I just ordered 2 more charizard decks, 3 deck boxes and 4 packs of sleeves to test out SAL registered. Atleast after I have compared all methods I can chose what suits me best in future sets

You won't get a UK tracking number or acknowledgement of receipt until your package has cleared customs and has been transferred to the post office. This process can take up to several days depending on a number of factors. Like I said above, if it gets to be worrying length (over a week or so), you may wish to contact your post office's customer support.

Believe it or not, but AmiAmi posted my M Lizardon deck one week ago and it just arrived. With unregistered SAL xD

Uhm okay, I'm getting a bit worried now. On thursday my package arrived in Sweden and it said it was in customs. I could track it on the swedish post site, but now I suddenly cannot. So I checked at the japanese post site and it says: Departure frorm inward office of exchange. What does this mean?

I checked an old tracking number from amiami, and never got this kind of messege, and the fact that I can't track it anymore from the swedish post site makes me kinda worried they sending it back to japan, but why the heck would they do that? I know I have the right adress (Except they can't write the letter "ä" in my adress, but that have never been any problem before) :(

I think that just means it's going from customs to the post office, though I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen that message when tracking before. If you want more information, though, you could contact the customer support of Sweden's post office and see if they have anything to say.

Okay, thanks. My English is kinda bad so I wasn't sure if it meant that its going back to Japan or that its going to my post office xD But I just checked another tracking number on the Swedish site and noticed it didn't work too, so it must be some kind of problem with the Swedish site thought they don't have any messages/warnings on the site about it. But since you think you seen this message before I feel a lot calmer now :) I have 2 untracked packages coming as well, so it would suck so much if it was some kind of problem and they all got sent back :/

In the USA, they would only be returned to sender if they sat unclaimed at the Post Office and there is a return postage guarantee.

If the Japanese site said 'Departure frorm inward office of exchange', for me that would mean the package would arrive that day. So don't worry ^^

Finally got word of my parcel it's at my local office but they won't let me pay and collect in person :-/ got to wait for the grey slip with my charge on for 1-2 days, pay online then they will deliver but atleast it's coming!

My 2 parcels via registered sal have been sent to from ami ami hope the time surprises me in a good way and only takes like 2 weeks!

So what will be my 13th day waiting tomorrow I will hopefully have my 4 wild blaze boxes and charizard deck after I pay £21 charge, so imagine my surprise this morning when an extra box I ordered via registered SAL came after 10 days! Guess I no my choice for shipping in future

I'm pre-ordering two boxes of Rising Fist and the M Lucario Box from amiami. What shipping would be best?
I'm thinking of pre-ordering a third Rising Fist Booster Box on Ebay, to get it at a decent time (pre-ordered a Wild Blaze box from someone for $45 w/free shipping on ebay, and got my box March 22nd) and just to get three boxes.
If I get the box from ebay, I could wait longer for the stuff from amiami, but what's the best shipping option? I've never ordered from them before, and I'm seeing all this stuff about expensive custom charges and such. I live in the US, on the west coast if that helps.
Thanks!

If you're really planning on ordering from Ebay just for fast shipping, I would suggest just buying the boxes from AmiAmi and paying for EMS shipping from them instead. I don't know the exact exchange rates and differences, but I know that when I first got into Japanese collecting, boxes from AmiAmi with EMS were still significantly cheaper than Ebay boxes and the EMS shipping arrived very fast (I would usually get my boxes the Monday or Tuesday after the Friday release).

In the US, I don't know much about the customs procedures, but I don't think you should have to worry too much; I used to buy a lot of stuff from AmiAmi when I lived in the States and I never had to pay a customs fee. It's much stricter in Europe.

I ordered Wild Blaze from AmiAmi with EMS. The first attempted delivery was March 20. The only way eBay would be faster is if they were a distributor in the US.

Back