AmiAmi Discussion

Riraito

BELIEVE in me Molly!
RE: Cancelling AmiAmi "Order"

Pre-orders must be paid when the item is released. I think you have seven days to pay, after a week they get angry xD

They were pretty nice to me, splitting orders and stuff. They might give you a warning instead of banning you. I'd just explain.

beebahboo

Collector
RE: Cancelling AmiAmi "Order"

They sent me the invoice today. Hopefully I get a response to my email tomorrow...
If not, I guess I'm glad I didn't have any points or anything. Still a bummer.

Cancellation was a success! *phew*

adam44

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post in a dead thread like this.

I was going to preorder one Gaia Volcano box and one Tidal Storm box, but only one of them were available for preorder. So I waited to see if the other one would be available but both of them were now unavailable. So were I too late or haven't one of them been available yet or what's happening?
and does anyone know if it will be available again soon?

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
They come and go, sometimes just before release they'll reopen box orders, and from time to time they come back after the release and they've sent out all the preorders.

So just keep checking

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
AmiAmi has been selling out their pre-orders earlier than usual for the past few sets; I think more word is getting out to Japanese collectors that this is a great place to order from! I've been burned the last 2 sets by not getting an pre-order in before they ran out, but both times I was able to place a regular, non-pre-order order, a day or so after release. I believe (though I have no actual direct knowledge) that AmiAmi puts a limit on their pre-orders to make sure that they can accommodate them all and then sells off remaining stock once they know all pre-orders have been fulfilled. If I were you, I would wait until day of release (or even a day or two after) and then simply place the order then. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from checking back every so often, but I've never seen them reopen pre-orders after the pre-orders have been sold out, so I don't think it'll get you anything.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
The bonus pack with Metagross EX sold out way faster than the actual boxes did. :S I guess people were ordering stock to re-sell and profit... =_=

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, the Metagross promo pack sold out super fast. I'm hoping I'll be able to snag a couple on release.

adam44

Aspiring Trainer
The Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm boxes were available earlier today so order them while you still can xD

jakopo

Aspiring Trainer
I think the promo pack with Metagross will be back because M Diancie Special is in stock again(it was sold out as soon as they start pre-orders):
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-6413&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dpokemon%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Too bad I already ordered it from the other site for a bit higher price...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
For anyone wonder, Tidal Volcano, Gaia Storm, and the Metagross Packs are all back in stock now that the products have been officially released. If you're still looking to get those products, now is a great time! I had managed to pre-order the XY5 boxes earlier myself, and then placed an order for 3 of the Metagross packs today.

Furn

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, I didn't even think to check if the Metagross pack was in stock before paying for the boxes. I'll have to hope that if and when they get the artbook in they'll still have it.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Athena said:
For anyone wonder, Tidal Volcano, Gaia Storm, and the Metagross Packs are all back in stock now that the products have been officially released. If you're still looking to get those products, now is a great time! I had managed to pre-order the XY5 boxes earlier myself, and then placed an order for 3 of the Metagross packs today.

...I put that on my watch list... and they didn't even alert me that it was in stock... :(

And they're gone now. sigh.

jakopo

Aspiring Trainer
MrSquarepants said:
Athena said:

...I put that on my watch list... and they didn't even alert me that it was in stock... :(

And they're gone now. sigh.

Unfortunately their Watch List doesn't work like that :/ It doesn't inform you if the item is back in stock. It just pop up when you're placing new order. Or you just have to check it from time to time yourself.

Happily I found out in time that they're back in stock and ordered two for myself.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, they don't like e-mail you or anything if an item in your watch list is in-stock or not, it just gives you a handy place to check on their website to see if various things you're "watching" are available. If you're actively looking for a product to be available, you're best off bookmarking the watch page and checking it occasionally.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
It's listed as "sold-out" and not a sold-out preorder or a back order, so it's probably unlikely that they'll restock, but possible. I know that they did open up orders for the booster boxes again a couple days ago; I was able to slip in an order at that time*. I'm guessing that was after they'd finished processing all of the pre-orders and re-opened regular orders to sell the rest of the boxes they were able to get.

These special mini-sets have often sold out very quickly on AmiAmi, both pre-orders and regular orders. It was the same for Dragon Selection and Shiny Collection the past two years up.

So, you could check back, but, well, don't get your hopes up.

(* - I'd only pre-ordered a number of the "value sets" because I didn't think they were being released in boxes for some dumb reason and by the time I'd noticed it, pre-orders for the boxes were closed. I facepalmed very hard.)

adam44

Aspiring Trainer
ah that's a bummer! ;(
Thank you anyway :) I bought one box from eBay for $10 more but it's worth it to make sure I'm getting it :D

Airin

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I'm realizing now that since I'm behind, I'll probably have to pay more for some of my boxes until I'm all caught up, and I won't be caught up until after the new Rayquaza set. I saw they would keep putting more Gaia Volcano/Tidal Storm up for sale after being out of stock, but I have yet to see Rising Fists restock, and Phantom Gate (what I got) and Wild Blaze are in stock, so it seems random to me. ^^'

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
It's not really random, just a matter of what is most popular and what supply they can get from TPC.

Sometimes you can find boxes through Ebay for decent prices, though; never as cheap as AmiAmi, but not too exorbitant either. Just a matter of searching. I myself haven't bothered with trying to buy boxes of sets from before I started collecting again (which was BW3), instead choosing to settle to purchase or trade for singles of Pokémon/cards I like from those eras.... though I might be tempted if I could find some old sets for a good price because I'm terrible like that. ~_~;